Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Will Lotus fit on a CCV4

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:13 AM
CoryJRoth
Hookah Nut

Default Will Lotus fit on a CCV4

Don't really feel like scrolling thru hundreds of comments on the lotus thread..

Will it work on crown bowls?
Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:15 AM
Monstr617
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Will Lotus fit on a CCV4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryJRoth View Post
Don't really feel like scrolling thru hundreds of comments on the lotus thread..

Will it work on crown bowls?
I know redwing said it fit on his Crown Micro. I haven't heard of anyone trying it on their V4

36" Single Pearl KM. Tangiers Noir Watermelon. With a nice Stout in my hand.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:19 AM
Teebaggins
Hookah Pro

I'll try on my v4 when my lotus arrives, but i have heard it works best with other bowls over crown bowls. You would be better off using it with a vortex or tangiers small then v4 (unless it works wonders for me this weekend, which i will report back here after i try it)
Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:45 AM
CoryJRoth
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebaggins View Post
I'll try on my v4 when my lotus arrives, but i have heard it works best with other bowls over crown bowls. You would be better off using it with a vortex or tangiers small then v4 (unless it works wonders for me this weekend, which i will report back here after i try it)
Yea.. If you remember that would be great. I don't yet own a Tangiers bowl. My everydayer is my V4. Love it. Thanks bro
Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:42 AM
Kristian
Hookah Nut

I just got mine yesterday and it fits (it's a bit bigger, but works perfectly) on the Micro (which I assume is about the same size or smaller than the CC4).
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:51 AM
Teebaggins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryJRoth View Post
Yea.. If you remember that would be great. I don't yet own a Tangiers bowl. My everydayer is my V4. Love it. Thanks bro
Yeah no problem, im hoping to be able to test it out the day it comes in, which should be 4/5 or 4/6. But i'll get back on this post when i do.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Slizzard Lizard
Hookah Nut

I also was wondering where everyone was purchasing there lotus? I see them for like 50 bucks and figure people aren't spending that much for something you really dont need.....but then again maybey they are.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
Ahmaag01
Hookah Nut

I think the differance between the V4 and the micro is the hole placement. I don't think the lotus will work with the V4 because the heat will sucked directly from the lotus to the holes around the rim. Where the micro is your tradition phunnel style so the heat will be distributed a little better (from the rim to the center)

But Idk, lets us know how it works...
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:18 AM
Teebaggins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slizzard Lizard View Post
I also was wondering where everyone was purchasing there lotus? I see them for like 50 bucks and figure people aren't spending that much for something you really dont need.....but then again maybey they are.
every site has them for $45-50. Obviously it's not something you need, but definitely something which upgrades smoke quality, and increases our laziness so we don't have to move the coals or anything. So like me, i had some money sitting around and since i also was ordering a boatload of shisha and coals, i figured why not purchase it. Heard great things from it. But it's certainly not worth buying if you have other things you want first.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:54 PM
makloto
Hookah Nut

Nope doesnt work with a ccv4 sits all wobbly and has a nice gap btw the bowl and the ltus due to the ccv4 hoke placement. Crown micro funnel works though
Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
Kristian
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by makloto View Post
Nope doesnt work with a ccv4 sits all wobbly and has a nice gap btw the bowl and the ltus due to the ccv4 hoke placement. Crown micro funnel works though
Good to know. Won't be ordering a CCv4 then. Another Micro it is.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
joesmiley
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmaag01 View Post
I think the differance between the V4 and the micro is the hole placement. I don't think the lotus will work with the V4 because the heat will sucked directly from the lotus to the holes around the rim. Where the micro is your tradition phunnel style so the heat will be distributed a little better (from the rim to the center)

But Idk, lets us know how it works...
This. My ccv4 is JUST wide enough to have the lotus vents mostly inside the bowl, but the air hole rims stop the lotus from sitting flush with the rim, and the hot air isnt sucked across the shisha like in a funnel, but rather straight down the intake holes.

From what I can tell, prime bowl size for use with the lotus is a MINIMUM inside diameter of about 2.25". The vents are just slightly less far apart than that, so bigger works fine but I wouldnt go smaller.

Once I figured this out I got in touch with Santino at crown hookahs and changed my order from a crown jewel to a micro funnel with the right diameter. He said he's thinking about designing a new bowl specifically for use with the lotus. I imagine it'll probably be a wide, shallow version of the micro.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 06:03 PM
Aesir Elite
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
Good to know. Won't be ordering a CCv4 then. Another Micro it is.
Just make sure it is wide enough. Mine holds about 15g and works pretty well with my Lotus. Just as well as the foil, anyway. I just got a 2013 Tangiers Small in the mail yesterday, but I have had a chance to try it out yet because I came down with a cold and a severe cough. I figured trying it out would just make me cough all over the place. Most everyone is saying the 2013 Tang Small is the ideal bowl for the Lotus and just eyeballing it, I can understand why it works so well for people. The vents fit just inside of the rim of the bowl and sits a little more stable on it than my Crown Micro. Just something to consider.

To the OP: Like it has been stated previously, the Lotus does not work well with the CCV4 bowl. I don't own one and haven't tried it, but I have seen several pictures on here (in the 20 page Kaloud Lotus thread) showing it to be too large for the CCV4 and also the airholes on the rim of the bowl, would just suck hot air in and not let as much air go over the tobacco, thus less even heating of the tobacco.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:44 PM
Teebaggins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmiley View Post
This. My ccv4 is JUST wide enough to have the lotus vents mostly inside the bowl, but the air hole rims stop the lotus from sitting flush with the rim, and the hot air isnt sucked across the shisha like in a funnel, but rather straight down the intake holes.

From what I can tell, prime bowl size for use with the lotus is a MINIMUM inside diameter of about 2.25". The vents are just slightly less far apart than that, so bigger works fine but I wouldnt go smaller.

Once I figured this out I got in touch with Santino at crown hookahs and changed my order from a crown jewel to a micro funnel with the right diameter. He said he's thinking about designing a new bowl specifically for use with the lotus. I imagine it'll probably be a wide, shallow version of the micro.

That would be awesome if Santino made a bowl designed for the Lotus. I guarantee it would do well on the market, 'cuz i would certainly buy one
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:01 AM
joesmiley
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebaggins View Post
That would be awesome if Santino made a bowl designed for the Lotus. I guarantee it would do well on the market, 'cuz i would certainly buy one
The one he's sending me is a crown jewel with the right diameter for the lotus, and customized so that the holes around the outside edge wont lift the lotus up from the rim and it can sit flush with the top. Will post pics and review once it arrives.

I hope it shows up soon, because yesterday I fumbled my ccv4, slippery with shisha juice, and it shattered epic on my kitchen floor. I was just getting good with it, too. Even with the lotus, my Egy bowl just doesn't cut it...
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:35 AM
ryuuhouse
Hookah Pro

The general CCV4 most likely is not going to fit, but Santino is working on Lotus compatible bowls. He has sent out for review some examples, and is working on a classic and a Jewel (I believe). You might try contacting him and see if any of those are available.

Sorry to hear about your CCV4. I love mine. I will also be quite happy to add a lotus compatible one to my collection.
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:11 PM
joesmiley
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuuhouse View Post
The general CCV4 most likely is not going to fit, but Santino is working on Lotus compatible bowls. He has sent out for review some examples, and is working on a classic and a Jewel (I believe). You might try contacting him and see if any of those are available.

Sorry to hear about your CCV4. I love mine. I will also be quite happy to add a lotus compatible one to my collection.
Hehe, yes I know. I'm one of the guys he's sending it to : )
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:35 PM
ryuuhouse
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmiley View Post
Hehe, yes I know. I'm one of the guys he's sending it to : )
Well damn you. Lucky you . Hehe I'll just have to be patient till they are available.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook