Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

New to smoking shisha - some nooby questions

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 4th, 2013, 10:58 PM
roytaz
Hookah Newbie

Default New to smoking shisha - some nooby questions

So I just got my mya bambino in the post, and I have some questions.

First of all what is the ball bearing for? Should I ever open that part, or should I just leave it closed?

2. With the mya hose that came with it, one side is simply wooden, and the other side is wooden but with a metal lining on the tip, which side to smoke out of and which side do i plug into the hookah?

3. When I plug in the hose, and then take it out, the plastic grommet thing literally comes out every time - staying on the top of the hose, what should I do about this?

4. Do i place the tray down on the grommet till it fits snug, or push it down further until its past the grommet?

5. I don't know if when I put the bowl on if it is stable, should it be completely secure or is it okay if it's a tiny bit loose?

6. I know that the coals you put on the stove are very popular, but for my first time smoking will quick light coals still give me a nice experience? or should I always use the slow burn coals?

Thanks.
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:03 PM
cableparrot
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: New to smoking shisha - some nooby questions

1) Leave the ball bearing closed in there, its the purge port.
2) Metal lining you smoke out of.
3) Not a bad thing.
4) Snug
5) A lil loose is ok.
6) Try to get nats, they're way better.
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:03 PM
detected error
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to detected error

ball bearing is for purging; blowing out harsh smoke, it should sit in there and once you blow lightly it will move up some.

smoke out of the metal side

thats fine, just make sure its air tight seal in the hose port

take the top grommet off, put on tray, put on grommet

you want the bowl to be completely secure so you don't have coals flying

everyone will say use coconut coals, but for your first experience you don't have anything to compare it too it will give you a slight taste usually but nothing too bad in most cases.
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:05 PM
roytaz
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by detected error View Post
ball bearing is for purging; blowing out harsh smoke, it should sit in there and once you blow lightly it will move up some.

smoke out of the metal side

thats fine, just make sure its air tight seal in the hose port

take the top grommet off, put on tray, put on grommet

you want the bowl to be completely secure so you don't have coals flying

everyone will say use coconut coals, but for your first experience you don't have anything to compare it too it will give you a slight taste usually but nothing too bad in most cases.
thanks so much.

also how many coals should I use at a time? And I see small ones in some videos on youtube, is that because they break the coals up, or they are manufactured that small?
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:05 PM
CinnamonTarantula
Hookah Pro

1 - Leave the ball bearing alone unless you are replacing it with a new one. That's a purge valve. It's for when your smoke gets too harsh and you blow into your hose, extruding the bad smoke from the vase. The BB keeps it air tight unless you are blowing INTO your hookah.

2- The shorter side that's more of a wedge-shape goes into your hookah's port, the other side that is longer is the mouthpeice.

3-This is normal. Grommets are not permenant parts of the hookah anymore than a bath tub plug is a part of your drain.

4- Not sure what you are asking here?

5- Shouldn't be very loose. Use the grommet to secure it.

6- Use QLs if you must but make sure they are COMPLETELY lit and red hot. They will not be as good as naturals, no. Get natural coals as soon as you can.
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:07 PM
detected error
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roytaz View Post
thanks so much.

also how many coals should I use at a time? And I see small ones in some videos on youtube, is that because they break the coals up, or they are manufactured that small?
if you are using the mya bowl, one will probably be plenty. another thing, DO NOT WASH YOU MYA HOSE! they are non washable, you wash it... buy a new hose.
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:22 AM
roytaz
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
if you are using the mya bowl, one will probably be plenty. another thing, DO NOT WASH YOU MYA HOSE! they are non washable, you wash it... buy a new hose.
alright thanks
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:42 AM
roytaz
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
whats a good brand of non-tobbaco shisha?
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:47 AM
detected error
Banned

Quote:
whats a good brand of non-tobbaco shisha?
the only decent non-tobacco i've heard of is Shiazo Steam Stones. but I wouldn't know from experience. However I can say i don't like anything from the brand Hydro.
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:24 AM
roytaz
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
the only decent non-tobacco i've heard of is Shiazo Steam Stones. but I wouldn't know from experience. However I can say i don't like anything from the brand Hydro.
okay thanks, what have you heard about al fakher non tobbaco?

also i hear some people put ice in the base? why is that, should I do it, and how many blocks should I put if so?
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Aesir Elite
Hookah Pro

Quote:

also i hear some people put ice in the base? why is that, should I do it, and how many blocks should I put if so?
Ice in the base will kill the flavor of the smoke. Some people do actually do it, however most of the members here will recommend not to.

I have only heard negative things about AF Herbal. I have heard some decent things about Hydro from a New Zealand member on here (i'm spacing on his username though). I have also heard OK things about Shiazo Steam Stones.

My thought process is that smoking anything is bad for you. If I am gonna smoke, I'm going to smoke a leaf of a tobacco plant and not a complex solution of various chemicals and glycerine.

But to each their own. I recommend checking out the reviews sections of HookahPro. There are many great reviews from trusted members. Also maybe check out the Member Videos section for video reviews of tobaccos, herbal, and steam stones.
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:20 AM
detected error
Banned

Quote:

people put ice in the base for a colder smoke, although it is known to take away from the flavor and warmer water increases flavor, if you think the smoke is too warm after a few bowls then just use colder water
Old April 5th, 2013, 07:18 AM
attlas
Hookah Newbie

1. the ball bearing is used for the purge valve so when your hookah get harsh you can purge the smoke.

2. for the hose you want use the end that shaped like a cone the end with the silver piece to smoke out of. the silver piece is used also as a place for mouth pieces if you don't like sharing germs with people.

3. for the grommet its good to take it off the hose and rinse it off then just pop it back on the hose or in the hose attachment.

4. the ash tray goes under your grommet and should rest on the hookah not the grommet.

5. the tighter you get the bowl the better it will pull it can be a little loose but you don't want the bowl to fall over.

6. coconara coals are the best all natural coconut coals in my opinion. they burn longer, don't give you a stomach or headache, they don't have a slight taste to them like quick lights, and they don't put off excess smoke. you can put the coconut coals on a stove gas or electric, coal burner,hot plate, and you let one side light then flip it and let the other side light. if you want to start a lot at once get one lit side of one coal facing another coals unlit side and blow a light fine on them and they will start right up.
Old April 5th, 2013, 07:20 AM
attlas
Hookah Newbie

ice drops shisha are cool because it is shisha but looks like jello and they are like hydro herbal because there's no tobacco no tar and no nicotine.
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:22 AM
attlas
Hookah Newbie

also you can unscrew the purge valve with the ball bearing gets stuck youll have to free it with a screwdriver or other small utensil
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook