Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Kaya Cascade Bowl

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 28th, 2017, 10:20 AM
fhussain
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 6
Default Kaya Cascade Bowl

Anyone used a kaya cascade phunnel bowl before?! I cant get any flavour to smoke in it for longer than 15-20 without it tasting burnt - Also seems to take long starting up! This is on a Oduman N2 (full size not travel)

I have now bought a HJ harmony bowl which smokes 10x better - however wastes a lot of flavour - so don't want to give up on the cascade just yet!

Any suggestions/tips are appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old June 28th, 2017, 10:36 AM
GrandmasterHash's Avatar
GrandmasterHash
Status: Online
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 335
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

pics of your pack please
__________________
just call me Fred
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 23rd, 2017, 10:38 AM
s3n0's Avatar
s3n0
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 23
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Servus, I've also bought this bowl. This is the old thread forum, but I still answer. Maybe it will help other people.

I do not have any smoking problems at all. On the contrary, using the old classic Bowl I did not achieve such high-quality smoke and such a great taste of tobacco as Cascade Phunnel.

It is very likely that you only used one piece of carbon. Then the heat under the carbon is unevenly distributed. For a Bowl with such a large area, you have to use 2 or 3 carbons (2.5 x 2.5 x 2.5 cm) or 4 smaller coals. It would be ideal to use a heat-management system. However, if you use aluminum foil, there should be no holes in the middle of the foil. Also, it is recommended to do the holes in the foil only after its outer circumference - a maximum of 3-4 circles. Then the air will flow into the central tunnel from the entire surface - from the outer circle to the center of the circle.

Good luck.
__________________
hookah: Kaya Q7, bowl: Cascade Phunnel, heat-managment: Oduman Ignis, charcoal: Cocobrico
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old August 23rd, 2017, 01:15 PM
stabbins's Avatar
stabbins
Status: Online
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,401
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

now that's an underpack
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 23rd, 2017, 02:55 PM
mattyuk's Avatar
mattyuk
Status: Offline
Hookah Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: london
Posts: 1,581
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabbins View Post
now that's an underpack

__________________
-------"once you smoke Nak you don't go back"-------unless they stop producing it then you will have no choice
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 24th, 2017, 12:12 AM
carnalnclynatns's Avatar
carnalnclynatns
Status: Online
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,694
Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3n0 View Post
Servus, I've also bought this bowl. This is the old thread forum, but I still answer. Maybe it will help other people.

I do not have any smoking problems at all. On the contrary, using the old classic Bowl I did not achieve such high-quality smoke and such a great taste of tobacco as Cascade Phunnel.

It is very likely that you only used one piece of carbon. Then the heat under the carbon is unevenly distributed. For a Bowl with such a large area, you have to use 2 or 3 carbons (2.5 x 2.5 x 2.5 cm) or 4 smaller coals. It would be ideal to use a heat-management system. However, if you use aluminum foil, there should be no holes in the middle of the foil. Also, it is recommended to do the holes in the foil only after its outer circumference - a maximum of 3-4 circles. Then the air will flow into the central tunnel from the entire surface - from the outer circle to the center of the circle.

Good luck.
^^^^*
Ooof, hole placement and number doesnt matter in the slightest.
__________________


Friggin Eric Hofmann
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 24th, 2017, 09:19 AM
s3n0's Avatar
s3n0
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 23
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnclynatns View Post
^^^^*
Ooof, hole placement and number doesnt matter in the slightest.
Do you want phunnel to make holes in the center of the aluminum foil? Well, then, the hot air from the carbon will flow directly into the tunnel in the middle of the bowl and not through the tobacco . Therefore, it is very important for the holes to be made circumferentially in the outer ring and not near the center. It is also good to use Scalli Mod, because of the better penetration of the hot air through the tobacco.

Also, to better distribute heat from the carbon, through the bowl, then through the tobacco to the center tunnel - it is best to use more carbon (ideally 4 smaller pieces or 3 large pieces).

As I have already mentioned, it is advisable to use a heat-management system instead of aluminum foil for large diameter bowls. Conversely, for a smaller diameter bowl, aluminum foil is more suitable.

All these are just details that make the taste of something better. It's good to keep them .

Additional note on Tobacco Filling:

In tobacco loaded into the bowl, there must be no significant air gap. These gaps are then pure glycerine vapors that the smoker sucks through the tunnel. So the smoke is then thick enough but almost without taste. It is important to fill the whole area of ​​the bowl with tobacco.
__________________
hookah: Kaya Q7, bowl: Cascade Phunnel, heat-managment: Oduman Ignis, charcoal: Cocobrico
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 24th, 2017, 03:53 PM
carnalnclynatns's Avatar
carnalnclynatns
Status: Online
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,694
Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3n0 View Post
Do you want phunnel to make holes in the center of the aluminum foil? Well, then, the hot air from the carbon will flow directly into the tunnel in the middle of the bowl and not through the tobacco . Therefore, it is very important for the holes to be made circumferentially in the outer ring and not near the center. It is also good to use Scalli Mod, because of the better penetration of the hot air through the tobacco.

Also, to better distribute heat from the carbon, through the bowl, then through the tobacco to the center tunnel - it is best to use more carbon (ideally 4 smaller pieces or 3 large pieces).

As I have already mentioned, it is advisable to use a heat-management system instead of aluminum foil for large diameter bowls. Conversely, for a smaller diameter bowl, aluminum foil is more suitable.

All these are just details that make the taste of something better. It's good to keep them .

Additional note on Tobacco Filling:

In tobacco loaded into the bowl, there must be no significant air gap. These gaps are then pure glycerine vapors that the smoker sucks through the tunnel. So the smoke is then thick enough but almost without taste. It is important to fill the whole area of ​​the bowl with tobacco.
^^^^
You are mistaken. If your assertion were correct, the one hole method wouldnt work..... and it does. Youre error is in Assuming that the goal Is to heat the tobacco from the coal. IT IS NOT. Instead we endeavor to heat the clay or stoneware of the bowl, which in turn lends the heat to the tobacco INDIRECTLY.
__________________


Friggin Eric Hofmann
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 24th, 2017, 05:21 PM
s3n0's Avatar
s3n0
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 23
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Yes, that's also true. Thanks to the carbon, the entire bowl is also heated.

However, my infra-thermometer does not disappoint me . The edge of the bow from the outside has a temperature of about 70°C. So from the inside, at the bottom of the bowl, the temperature will be around 90°C to 120°C. Although the carbons simultaneously heat up the entire bow, so not at the required 150°C - 170°C degrees. The temperature of the tobacco can be 150°C while the temperature of the bowl material is not 150°C. Tobacco is heated at the required 150°C to 170°C (max. 200°C) by the predominant flow of hot air - from the top - from the heated coal.

Evidence, for example, is this video on YouTube. If this man pulls air out of the hose at short intervals, the temperature of the tobacco rises rapidly upwards.
__________________
hookah: Kaya Q7, bowl: Cascade Phunnel, heat-managment: Oduman Ignis, charcoal: Cocobrico

Last edited by s3n0; August 24th, 2017 at 05:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old August 24th, 2017, 11:29 PM
carnalnclynatns's Avatar
carnalnclynatns
Status: Online
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,694
Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

The numbers are not at issue, my friend. We're all quite familiar with the temps. The assertion that hole placement, especially a hole over the center spire , adversely affects the session is, however, ridiculous. It just isnt so.

That youtube video was amusing though. That fellas accent could not have been more pronounced. It almost needed subtitles.
__________________


Friggin Eric Hofmann
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old August 25th, 2017, 07:40 AM
s3n0's Avatar
s3n0
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 23
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Suction of the clean air is ridiculously
Attached Thumbnails
phunnel air-flow with Alu-foil.jpg  
__________________
hookah: Kaya Q7, bowl: Cascade Phunnel, heat-managment: Oduman Ignis, charcoal: Cocobrico

Last edited by s3n0; August 25th, 2017 at 07:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old August 25th, 2017, 06:48 PM
carnalnclynatns's Avatar
carnalnclynatns
Status: Online
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,694
Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Yes. Air will be forced down the central spire either way. If it were not, youd not be able to pull smoke .

The reason that many folks sibscribe to the whole " no hole over the center" has more to do with foil drag than anything else.
__________________


Friggin Eric Hofmann
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old August 26th, 2017, 05:24 PM
s3n0's Avatar
s3n0
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 23
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnclynatns View Post
The assertion that hole placement, especially a hole over the center spire , adversely affects the session is, however, ridiculous. It just isnt so.
So... that is really ridiculous ? Or do you mean it as very important ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnclynatns View Post
That youtube video was amusing though. That fellas accent could not have been more pronounced. It almost needed subtitles.
This video is for example only - you need WATCHING the video, not hearing the outlander. OMG!!! Or should I understand that as racism? Watch this video again and see how the temperature of the tobacco rises, with regular hose sucking.

Of course, the problem mentioned by you can be solved, for example, using the Scalli Mod add-on. Or by using a vortex, instead of a phunnel. But I did not say anything about this problem... just you.
Attached Thumbnails
correct.jpg   incorrect.jpg  
__________________
hookah: Kaya Q7, bowl: Cascade Phunnel, heat-managment: Oduman Ignis, charcoal: Cocobrico
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old August 26th, 2017, 05:51 PM
carnalnclynatns's Avatar
carnalnclynatns
Status: Online
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,694
Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3n0 View Post
So... that is really ridiculous ? Or do you mean it as very important ?


This video is for example only - you need WATCHING the video, not hearing the outlander. OMG!!! Or should I understand that as racism? Watch this video again and see how the temperature of the tobacco rises, with regular hose sucking.

Of course, the problem mentioned by you can be solved, for example, using the Scalli Mod add-on. Or by using a vortex, instead of a phunnel. But I did not say anything about this problem... just you.
^^^^
Easy, brother. This is a friendly difference of opinion here. No need to throw the racism crap around. I just made an obsevation that the dudes accent was pronounced.

And For the record, foil drag hasnt been a problem for most folks for some time. I only mentioned it because of your insistance that hole placement matters..... it still doesnt.

Dont get distracted by the science. Many of here are enamored with science and numbers, but when "facts" arent supported by observation theyre just flawed hypotheses.

The one hole method is the observation that demonstrates that your hypothesis regarding hole placement is flawed....erroneous.....wrong as it were.

And dont get me started on your disparaging comments about the overpack. Thats just a bad oscar.
__________________


Friggin Eric Hofmann
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old August 27th, 2017, 06:35 AM
s3n0's Avatar
s3n0
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 23
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnclynatns View Post
That youtube video was amusing though. That fellas accent could not have been more pronounced. It almost needed subtitles.
My English is very poor. Still, I understood everything the man was talking about in the video! You are supposedly a resident of America and you want to say that you did not understand the man in the video ?! Seriously ? Later in another thread of the discussion forum, you wrote that you are a supplier and simply a trader of tobacco products. That's why English should really control you perfectly. The accent of the male in the video is natural because of his native and very different/difficult language - in his native language he uses a completely different pronunciation and language alphabet, so it is very difficult for him to learn the correct pronunciation for the English language. Your substitute for his accent is definitely racist. I wrote about the gradual rise in temperature, so I wanted to watch the temperature in the video rather than the pronunciation of English or Russian subtitles.

In my opinion - you never lived beyond America's continent. That's why you wrote this stupid comment on the accent on the man in the video. If a businessman as you type, a slightly different accent should be considered as a matter of course.
__________________
hookah: Kaya Q7, bowl: Cascade Phunnel, heat-managment: Oduman Ignis, charcoal: Cocobrico

Last edited by s3n0; August 27th, 2017 at 06:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old August 27th, 2017, 08:12 AM
carnalnclynatns's Avatar
carnalnclynatns
Status: Online
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,694
Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

I said good day.
__________________


Friggin Eric Hofmann
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old August 27th, 2017, 08:38 AM
carnalnclynatns's Avatar
carnalnclynatns
Status: Online
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,694
Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Your english is fine. Its your attitude, that of a petulant child, thats poor. At the risk of reprating myself....i said Good Day.
__________________


Friggin Eric Hofmann
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old August 27th, 2017, 09:15 AM
carnalnclynatns's Avatar
carnalnclynatns
Status: Online
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,694
Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

l:shisha smiley:

Last edited by carnalnclynatns; August 27th, 2017 at 09:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old August 27th, 2017, 09:27 AM
stabbins's Avatar
stabbins
Status: Online
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,401
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

i made a smiley face pattern in my bowl last night. I made a big nose over the spire and I didn't notice any difference in taste over any other bowl ive smoked. one ring around outside, 2 eyes, a nose, and a smile
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old August 27th, 2017, 09:30 AM
carnalnclynatns's Avatar
carnalnclynatns
Status: Online
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,694
Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabbins View Post
i made a smiley face pattern in my bowl last night. I made a big nose over the spire and I didn't notice any difference in taste over any other bowl ive smoked. one ring around outside, 2 eyes, a nose, and a smile
^^^^^
Ah, i see your mistake stabby.... you neglected to use thermal imaging and Venn diagrams.
__________________


Friggin Eric Hofmann
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old August 27th, 2017, 10:25 AM
stabbins's Avatar
stabbins
Status: Online
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,401
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnclynatns View Post
^^^^^
Ah, i see your mistake stabby.... you neglected to use thermal imaging and Venn diagrams.
Doh!....
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old August 29th, 2017, 08:23 AM
GidroDox
Status: Online
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 228
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Any ideas why a single hole over the spire works? It didn't for me a few years back, but I believe it worked for you if you say so. But I wonder how?

The air doesn't interact with the tobacco, so I don't get it.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old August 29th, 2017, 08:57 AM
carnalnclynatns's Avatar
carnalnclynatns
Status: Online
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,694
Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GidroDox View Post
Any ideas why a single hole over the spire works? It didn't for me a few years back, but I believe it worked for you if you say so. But I wonder how?

The air doesn't interact with the tobacco, so I don't get it.
^^^^
It does if you leave an air gap. It works with foil . I also have a glass screen with a single hole in the center that works well
__________________


Friggin Eric Hofmann
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old August 29th, 2017, 09:06 AM
GidroDox
Status: Online
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 228
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnclynatns View Post
^^^^
It does if you leave an air gap. It works with foil . I also have a glass screen with a single hole in the center that works well
I get that it works. I just want to understand how, clean air passer directly into the stem, not interacting with the tobacco. Yet it works, why?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old August 29th, 2017, 09:08 AM
GrandmasterHash's Avatar
GrandmasterHash
Status: Online
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 335
Default Re: Kaya Cascade Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GidroDox View Post
I get that it works. I just want to understand how, clean air passer directly into the stem, not interacting with the tobacco. Yet it works, why?
That's not how air circulation works, air from the whole bowl is drawn in regardless of where the holes are placed.
__________________
just call me Fred
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Now Kaya Shisha in USA!!! Kaya Shisha Vendor Introductions 15 December 5th, 2016 02:29 PM
Kaya Inox GidroDox Hookah Discussion 2 October 26th, 2015 05:33 PM
Best Kaya Phunnel Bowl? Calcifer Hookah Discussion 0 December 15th, 2014 12:38 PM
Packing Kaya Phunnel Bowl dinosaurzlatan Hookah Discussion 10 September 23rd, 2011 08:55 AM
Kaya Tobacco abu ronin Shisha / Tobacco 1 September 2nd, 2010 12:03 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.