Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Birquq vs Noir

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 14th, 2012, 09:15 AM
momentum
Hookah Nut

Default Birquq vs Noir

So I'm not necessarily looking for just the differences between the two, but which you prefer and why.

I love tang noir, its my favorite brand/line. Lucid is amazing as well, but nothing compared to noir. I completely skipped even trying birquq, because I can't see how it would be better than noir. I'm sure it's worth trying, but do any of you prefer birquq to the point where if every tang flavor was in birquq you would only go with that?
Old June 14th, 2012, 09:25 AM
ashish642
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Birquq vs Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentum View Post
So I'm not necessarily looking for just the differences between the two, but which you prefer and why.

I love tang noir, its my favorite brand/line. Lucid is amazing as well, but nothing compared to noir. I completely skipped even trying birquq, because I can't see how it would be better than noir. I'm sure it's worth trying, but do any of you prefer birquq to the point where if every tang flavor was in birquq you would only go with that?
I love both noir and birquq, but they have different flavor profiles. Noir has more tobacco undertones and a more complex and rich flavor imo. Birquq has less of that and more of the flavor it is supposed to be. The biggest difference between them is that Birquq is a lot easier to manage. It doesn't require any acclimation and is much less finicky when it comes to packing. It also requires 2/3 of the heat you would use for noir. So when you don't feel like doing all of the crap that is required of noir, birquq is the perfect alternative. I highly recommend you try birquq as some of the flavors are just amazing. Especially ololiuqui and white summer mixed fruit imo.
Old June 14th, 2012, 09:29 AM
AcTiOnJaCkSoN
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to AcTiOnJaCkSoN

I love birquq cause tangiers has a tobacco undertone I don't find very pleasant. Birquq to me, is the great flavor of tangiers without the tobacco side.
Old June 14th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Zanaspus
Hookah Aficionado

I vote Birquq. Don't get me wrong, I love Noir, but Birquq has a longer lasting and more intense flavor.
Old June 14th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Alby
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanaspus View Post
I vote Birquq. Don't get me wrong, I love Noir, but Birquq has a longer lasting and more intense flavor.
Depends on the flavor, too. I find Rangoon Sunrise, as delicious as it is, is nowhere near as strong as Noir Passionfruit.
I vote both equally, it depends on my mood because they're really different tobaccos. When I'm smoking with friends I prefer Birquq, when I'm smoking alone and away from my unrefined friends who know nothing of a good tobacco, I enjoy the Noir tobacco notes.
Old June 14th, 2012, 11:09 AM
chrisbru
Hookah Guru

They both have their place, IMO. If every flavor was available in both, I'd probably go noir for all, but give some of my favorites a try in birquq. I personally like the undertones from noir a lot.

Birquq is good to take when traveling though, since it's less finicky when changing climates.
Old June 14th, 2012, 12:39 PM
RaceMyGhost
Hookah Pro

Read my signature.

Go Noir or Go Home.
Old June 14th, 2012, 12:42 PM
pluckytom
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbru View Post
They both have their place, IMO. If every flavor was available in both, I'd probably go noir for all, but give some of my favorites a try in birquq. I personally like the undertones from noir a lot.

Birquq is good to take when traveling though, since it's less finicky when changing climates.
+1. I love the undertones in Noir so i usually just smoke that by myself because my friends don't like it. But birquq is awesome as well worth trying.
Old June 15th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Newdemothes
Hookah Nut

I likes me both...
Old June 15th, 2012, 12:58 AM
maikeru671
Hookah Nut

hows the heat management and packing versus lucid while using birquq?
Old June 15th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Newdemothes
Hookah Nut

Birquq is supposedly better with heat management... Ive personally not had any problems but Tangiers is still Tangiers...
Old June 15th, 2012, 01:04 AM
maikeru671
Hookah Nut

whats your setup for noir?
Old June 15th, 2012, 01:13 AM
littlec
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdemothes View Post
Birquq is supposedly better with heat management... Ive personally not had any problems but Tangiers is still Tangiers...
Actually Birquq takes 1/3 the heat of noir so myth busted on that.

I love both, some flavors work better in different lines but most flavors work the best in Noir, hands down and that's from the Tangiers brass not just my opinion.

Now with melon, ololuiqui and that other breakfast cereal are my top choices so far in birquq. Ololiuqui alone is worth trying birquq for, so complex yet tasty. Little purple candy takes a runners up headnod from me as well.
Old June 15th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Newdemothes
Hookah Nut

What I mean is Tangiers isnt very forgiving in my experience. No matter what the line. Sure one line might be a little more forgiving than another overall. I find that some flavors are even more forgiving than others. But at the end of the day Tangiers is still Tangiers and if youre not paying attention or you have to step away for a minute and it burns well... It wont bounce back like Nak.
Old June 15th, 2012, 02:31 AM
momentum
Hookah Nut

Hmm interesting. I thought that birquq actually required 2/3 the heat of noir instead of 1/3?

Either way tang noir is already so heat sensitive so I'd figure youd really want silver tabs for birquq. I just cant imagine a shisha line, even if tangiers, that is better than noir. Thats why I skipped it completely on my last order. Well next time I'll pick up one pack of birquq i guess. Thanks for all the input guys.
Old June 15th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Zanaspus
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentum View Post
Hmm interesting. I thought that birquq actually required 2/3 the heat of noir instead of 1/3?

Either way tang noir is already so heat sensitive so I'd figure youd really want silver tabs for birquq. I just cant imagine a shisha line, even if tangiers, that is better than noir. Thats why I skipped it completely on my last order. Well next time I'll pick up one pack of birquq i guess. Thanks for all the input guys.
If you smoke Noir without burning, you can smoke Birquq without burning. No way is it 1/3 heat tolerance.

Last edited by Zanaspus; June 15th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old June 15th, 2012, 01:09 PM
KidRozno
Hookah Nut

I prefer Noir since I am really not a fan of Soursop or Little Purple Candy.
Old March 12th, 2015, 03:51 AM
Dicephal0us
Hookah Newbie

I personally like both equally. Birquq takes much less heat to be able to smoke well, but once you let it overheat a bit, the tobacco tastes like garbage. Noir is more forgiving in that regard. As far as flavor, it is a matter of preference. Sometimes I'm in the mood for the stronger tobacco flavors that Noir delivers, but other times I just want the flavor. If you want to try a birquq flavor, I would recommend Picnic Punch. It is basically like smoking Sprite with some candy watermelon flavor. It is absolutely delicious.
Old March 12th, 2015, 06:29 AM
Mr_Stubbes
Hookah Master

Old March 14th, 2015, 10:37 AM
jaredt90
Hookah Nut

I prefer noir but I won't turn away birquq. Noir has been my favorite for several years now, though biquq is 100x better than lucid was. I could never get lucid to acclimate right.
Old March 17th, 2015, 02:12 AM
jbake
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to jbake

I like them both. It depends honestly if I can find the flavor in stock for Noir. If I can't then birquq is a good line to have. I personally like the undertones of tobacco in Noir. Matter of fact just tried some Noir Kashmir at a friends place tonight and it was a good smoke. Locked me back a bit since Ive been smoking more af se as of late and or haven't smoked much at all lately.
Share with your friends on facebook