Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Banned Vendors and Products

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old December 28th, 2011, 03:32 PM
IMCarnochan
Romeo

Default Re: Banned Vendors and Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everythingevil View Post
I agree with photolinger 100%. I've been a regular user of the chat box and this trolling bullshit has to stop! I can't stand to see trolls from wherever they come from cause hell in a great community .
We can soften them up and then let the mods send them home. Seriously, how bored do you have to be to run to another forum and just start being a prick. I know when I am here I am too entertained and informed to bother anyone else.
Old December 28th, 2011, 04:33 PM
StStephen
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMCarnochan View Post
We can soften them up and then let the mods send them home. Seriously, how bored do you have to be to run to another forum and just start being a prick. I know when I am here I am too entertained and informed to bother anyone else.
Lol you hit the nail on the head carno, they come into our TC because theirs is ALWAYS empty...but seriously he's banned because he broke the rules after many warnings. Any mention of him, his forum, or his products is advertising for someone that has disrespected our community. If you can't live without talking about them maybe you are better suited on a different forum? Just my .02
Old December 28th, 2011, 09:01 PM
rrandomhero
Hookah Enthusiast

i kinda disagree with discussing the products a vendor sells. I understand not mentioning a banned vendor, that makes perfect sense to me, ive never done it. however, if you genuinely like a product, and arent spamming, and other websites sell the same thing, why shouldnt we be able to discuss products? just because a certain vendor makes it doesnt mean its automatically bad. as long as you arent using it under the pretense of getting people to solely buy a vendors product then whats the big deal? we arent starting a fight, we arent taking business away from supported vendors, were simply discussing hookah product on a hookah forum. that doesnt seem too crazy to me. thats just my opinion though.
Old December 28th, 2011, 09:13 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrandomhero
i kinda disagree with discussing the products a vendor sells. I understand not mentioning a banned vendor, that makes perfect sense to me, ive never done it. however, if you genuinely like a product, and arent spamming, and other websites sell the same thing, why shouldnt we be able to discuss products? just because a certain vendor makes it doesnt mean its automatically bad. as long as you arent using it under the pretense of getting people to solely buy a vendors product then whats the big deal? we arent starting a fight, we arent taking business away from supported vendors, were simply discussing hookah product on a hookah forum. that doesnt seem too crazy to me. thats just my opinion though.
What it is doing is supporting the banned vendor though

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old December 28th, 2011, 09:42 PM
carto0n
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrandomhero View Post
Troof. I will recommend any products based on my honest opinion and based solely on the product alone to any of my friends or people who ask my opinion in person or who contact me directly. Answering a question honestly and to be penalized for it seems ridiculous but this isn't my forum and I'll honor the rules out of respect whether or not they are out of line. It just seems equally as ridiculous that we can't mention a banned vendors products that are even sold on other legit sites solely because of the manufacturer but this forum will support shoddy vendors.
Old December 28th, 2011, 10:09 PM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

i understand the fact that u dont want to support the vendor, But at the end of the day this is a hookah forum for people who enjoy smoking hookah, if i try a product and i like i would like to recommend it. Just because a banned vendor created it does not mean it should be hidden away from the rest of the forum. the same products are sold through alot of the supporting vendors.
again just my opinion and i will follow the rules but good products should be talked and praised about.

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Old December 29th, 2011, 03:15 AM
rrandomhero
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by abzy786
i understand the fact that u dont want to support the vendor, But at the end of the day this is a hookah forum for people who enjoy smoking hookah, if i try a product and i like i would like to recommend it. Just because a banned vendor created it does not mean it should be hidden away from the rest of the forum. the same products are sold through alot of the supporting vendors.
again just my opinion and i will follow the rules but good products should be talked and praised about.
My point exactly, I use those products, and I recommend them to everyone, but I agree they should buy them from a supported vendor. They're still making money off of it. I advise everyone using this site to buy from supporting vendors, but just because a banned vendor makes the product we should take away business from anywhere that sells them, supported or not?
Old December 29th, 2011, 03:20 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

So what I'm getting from some is after someone spits in our face we bend over and take it? Lol please read the reasoning behind the ban and see what those minions are doing on this site and on our tc room.
Those brats will insult our members and even show their bare asses on camera while shouting out their love for the banned vendor's site....so seriously I'm confused as to what the confusion is.

As for other vendors, we are handling that situation, it's not like the previous banned member was handled overnight. Having people sign up just to bash other vendors does not make our job easier as it just seems to be spam attack methods we've seen time and time again. that being said,mother situation is being handled and I'm asking you to leave other vendors out of this discussion. Make another post if you want to discuss that.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old December 29th, 2011, 03:19 PM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE

This afternoon, looking at profiles, a banned vendor is still there. If a vendor was banned, shouldn't his profile be removed along with the videos that promote his product. Just sayin, if any other member see's his vid's, I would automatically assume it's okay to mention the product.
Old December 29th, 2011, 08:31 PM
carto0n
Hookah Enthusiast

Along with everyone who mentions his products in their signature as part of their "rigs"
Old December 30th, 2011, 03:21 AM
ayeyojay
Hookah Pro

everything is a business. Including HP. I personally just follow the rules, it makes my life Ez-er lol
Old December 30th, 2011, 03:42 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyojay View Post
everything is a business. Including HP. I personally just follow the rules, it makes my life Ez-er lol
I wish it was a business. We don't make money off this site. We've refused many offers to be bought out by vendors to make sure that our decisions aren't influenced by money.
Old December 30th, 2011, 10:05 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

We tend to edit out sigs if we catch them. Let us know and well remove the item.

Old December 31st, 2011, 08:55 PM
kevin2323
Hookah Nut

I frequent multiple forums and abide by their rules, that is the beauty of the Internet. If you don't like how one place is, you have the freedom to go somewhere else. Other forums have rules people don't like as well but you have to abide by those rules, if not, there are consequences.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 08:20 PM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

Dear Mods, Photo and Kal it seems like especially most recently.

You guys are the most patient and peaceful mods/people I know. It seems like every six months you guys have to type up an explanation of why certain rules were thought of, created, and why they work and make sense. However it seems like all of this could be avoided if people did some very basic forum things.

1) use the search bar.... type in banned vendor and i wonder what comes up. No i didnt test it, but i have a pretty good feeling what comes up. This explanation in many different forms, and justifiable proof of the reasons etc.

2) use your brain. this is a true non-profit, unbiased forum. Any donations that are made go to the upkeep and maintenance costs of the forums, and Sambucca covers the rest, rather than eating the entire costs 100% of the time. And I bet donations are few and far between.

its been proven that with the presence of the extremists of biasedness, it only takes one person to destroy the unbiasedness. hopefully that make sense. And whoever says thats wrong is niave. Mention how bad starbuzz is in a thread and see people jump on the bandwagon. This isnt to say we shoud just ban everyone whos biased. Thats crazy. Its an opinion. However peope need to know how to exert their opinion respectfully and in a way that isnt detrimental to other quality of life.

Maybe its because Ive been here a while now and see how things kinda recirculate.

I urge everyone to take some time and do some HP history research. search old threads that may have started a fuss and itll be clear why these seemingly inane rules exist and are respected because they WORK.

My hats off to you mods... I wouldve gone ape shit a long time ago
Old January 3rd, 2012, 08:54 PM
againuntodust
Hookah Pro

I agree the mods here are very tolerant. What I don't agree with is banning the mention of banned members/vendors. Don't ban ME from talking about something. Ban the account of the person, fine, but to ban me from speaking about them? Seems a little over-reaching, trying to control something that is out of their hands.

Obviously if someone is a shill or something, constantly promoting banned vendor products, that should be dealt with. Anyone constantly promoting some crap is annoying, and should be investigated and dealt with on an individual basis... but come on guys... the freedom of speech, we should have the right to say what we truly feel. Whether or not the creator of the product broke the rules here, we should still as users of quality products be able to recommend certain things. Corporatism is destroying the freedom of speech. Soon when everything is corporate owned, there will be no freedom of anything. And I'm not saying corporatism is what is going on here, but with membership you agree to abide by the rules, even if they overrule your rights to free speech... and so I would just like to see an environment where we are protected from SCAM ARTISTS yet still able to talk about products AND vendors that may have been banned from the site for infractions against the TOS *OUTSIDE* of scamming. It seems very reasonable in my mind.

Last edited by photolinger; January 3rd, 2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:31 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Actually read the post regarding the ban. It wasn't just one random issue, its a list of them, they may have started as slight offenses, but they didnt end that way. There is a reason the vendor is banned, they could not play by the rules.

So let me just go ahead and simplify this even further.

HP is one of the top hookah sites. That means lots of traffic which means tons of free advertising for vendors on here, and even more to supporting vendors. When you discuss a vendor or a product, you are providing advertising for them or the product.

You can't follow the rules, you trash another vendor, you send waves of spammers to the site you were banned from, you trash the name of the site you were banned from, you don't get to reap the benefits as a non-member vendor.

If you need an even simplified version: "Don't shit where you eat" should suffice.

Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:40 PM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by againuntodust
I agree the mods here are very tolerant. What I don't agree with is banning the mention of banned members/vendors. Don't ban ME from talking about something. Ban the account of the person, fine, but to ban me from speaking about them? Seems a little over-reaching, trying to control something that is out of their hands.

Obviously if someone is a shill or something, constantly promoting banned vendor products, that should be dealt with. Anyone constantly promoting some crap is annoying, and should be investigated and dealt with on an individual basis... but come on guys... the freedom of speech, we should have the right to say what we truly feel. Whether or not the creator of the product broke the rules here, we should still as users of quality products be able to recommend certain things. Corporatism is destroying the freedom of speech. Soon when everything is corporate owned, there will be no freedom of anything. And I'm not saying corporatism is what is going on here, but with membership you agree to abide by the rules, even if they overrule your rights to free speech... and so I would just like to see an environment where we are protected from SCAM ARTISTS yet still able to talk about products AND vendors that may have been banned from the site for infractions against the TOS *OUTSIDE* of scamming. It seems very reasonable in my mind.
People need to fully understand the situation of this paticular incident. This isn't some overnight x person is banned now. And anyone that's ever broken a rule on HP knows you get 1 warning, then 1 "curtisy" warning. Then 1 curtosy warning that a temp ban is coming. And so on and do forth. And if your a morally good and helpful contributing member, mods are very understanding of your freedoms and ideaologies. I've never seen a mod simply ban someone. Period.

I feel like people who have been here more than a month should know the few rules of HP were put into place after a longgggg, multi day/month internal discussion and debate
Old January 14th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Zukky
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
Actually read the post regarding the ban. It wasn't just one random issue, its a list of them, they may have started as slight offenses, but they didnt end that way. There is a reason the vendor is banned, they could not play by the rules.

So let me just go ahead and simplify this even further.

HP is one of the top hookah sites. That means lots of traffic which means tons of free advertising for vendors on here, and even more to supporting vendors. When you discuss a vendor or a product, you are providing advertising for them or the product.

You can't follow the rules, you trash another vendor, you send waves of spammers to the site you were banned from, you trash the name of the site you were banned from, you don't get to reap the benefits as a non-member vendor.

If you need an even simplified version: "Don't shit where you eat" should suffice.
Now this makes a ton of sense. I think you should have "Don't shit where you eat" as your signature. Well, it makes sense to why you banned them. Goo onnn PhotoLingererrrr btw (random off topic question that I've wanted to ask..) where'd you get the name? Where you like stalking facebook pictures and was like "I am the lingerer of the photos!" lool. Just an off-topic guess .
Old January 15th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Colbz13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukky View Post
Now this makes a ton of sense. I think you should have "Don't shit where you eat" as your signature. Well, it makes sense to why you banned them. Goo onnn PhotoLingererrrr btw (random off topic question that I've wanted to ask..) where'd you get the name? Where you like stalking facebook pictures and was like "I am the lingerer of the photos!" lool. Just an off-topic guess .
ive been wondering the same thing. although i know hes a photographer, where did the other half of the name come from?
Old January 16th, 2012, 01:52 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

There's actually a thread floating around about the origin of usernames, you can find the answer there

Old January 16th, 2012, 11:03 AM
littlec
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovation4what View Post
amen. i get annoyed eveytime i see people trying to get around the rules here. we try to keep it classy, they dont...why we are the better forum and why i only have my allegiance here. do i 100% agree with every little thing this forum does, no. but nothing is perfect. before i had this forum i would search on other forum and they were very childish. were here we give and get great info, friends, and a place were real hookah pros come socialize
Ironically you have one of those products in your signature lol...
Old January 16th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Scootertaj
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlec View Post
Ironically you have one of those products in your signature lol...
Lol. Hypocrisy at its finest?
Old January 16th, 2012, 12:33 PM
littlec
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootertaj View Post
Lol. Hypocrisy at its finest?

Yes, Quite possibly..
Old January 16th, 2012, 02:49 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Fixed his sig, I haven't updated my sig in god knows how long

Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook