Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Reviews > Shisha / Tobacco

Shisha / Tobacco Reviews of all the different brands of shisha available for smoking in your hookah ...

Zona / Epic Shisha

Shisha / Tobacco

Reply Share

Old April 18th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Default Zona / Epic Shisha

Reviews for Zona / Epic Shisha

This section is for reviews only. Any questions and/or comments should be posted in separate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods.

The following can be used as a guideline for your review....

Brand and Flavor:

Shisha Cut:

Hookah Type:

Duration:

Bowl:

Foil / Screen:

Coal / Amount:

Smoke:

Buzz:

Smell / Flavor:

Rating (1 to 10):

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!

Last edited by KoRnKitten; November 22nd, 2008 at 12:36 AM.
Old April 18th, 2008, 04:51 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Re: Zona

Brand and Flavor: Zona Blueberry

Shisha Cut: Kind of long, larger cut. Thin watery juice, not even close to as viscous as normal brands; but TONS of it. At the end of the 50 gram after loading my bowl, i poured the rest of the liquid over the tobacco. About a 1/2" of liquid was there.

Hookah Type: KM Mash'al

Duration: 2 hours (give or take)

Bowl: Small Phunnel + Mod

Foil / Screen: Reynold's HD

Coal / Amount: 2 CocoNara (3 to start) + Windcover

Smoke: Denser then any other tobacco i have smoked, it lingers for a while, full heavy amazing clouds. And just IMAGINE the O's....

Buzz: Nada

Smell / Flavor: Smelled like blueberries! Not raw ones, blueberry muffin bakes blueberries. The flavor was VERY sweet, extremely realistic. I have to say it's the best blueberry i have smoked to date. (Comparable to Tangiers, but not quite there).

Rating (1 to 10): 9/10, now i have 300 grams of it and I'm about to indulge.

Last edited by ZenSilk; April 7th, 2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:01 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Brand and Flavor: Zona Sour Green Apple

Shisha Cut:
Kind of long, larger cut. Thin juice.

Hookah Type: KM Mash'al

Duration: 1.5 hours

Smoke: Dense Dense DENSE! Zona Smoke.

Buzz:
Nada

Smell / Flavor: Like Sour Apple, of course! Very tantalizing, sweet and slightly sour. The apple flavor was more of a candy-ish one. Tasted like a mellow Green Apple Jolly Rancher.

Rating (1 to 10):
8/10, needs a tad more flavor. But very enjoyable and fun to play with.
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:03 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Brand and Flavor: Zona Mint Chocolate Chip

Shisha Cut: Kind of long, larger cut. Thin watery juice, not even close to as viscous as normal brands; but TONS of it.

Hookah Type:
KM Mash'al

Duration: 2 hours (give or take)

Smoke: Very dense and white, very fun to play with.

Buzz:
Nada

Smell / Flavor: Mellow flavors, not a strong mint, not a strong chocolate. It tasted like Chocolate Mint though, I have to admit. Very realistic, and not over-powering in any way. I really liked this one.

Rating (1 to 10): 7/10. Not perfect, needs more flavor all around. But on the other hand, very realistic and tasty.
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Zona Blueberry

Shisha Cut: Fairly long big tobacco pieces, not many stems and wet with atery juice.

Hookah Type: 22" Egyptian

Duration: 50 minutes

Bowl: Egyptian clay

Foil / Screen: 1 layer of Reynolds HD foil

Coal / Amount: 1/4 stick of Exotica and a windcover

Smoke: Very thick smoke. Made big clouds and dense rings.

Buzz: Not a bit.

Smell / Flavor: Smelled pretty good. It was somewhere between natural blueberry and candy like smell. Tasted somewhat like blueberry but not strong enough.

Rating (1 to 10): 4 Made huge clouds and smelled great, but it wasn't very flavorful. I'm beginging to think that berry flavored shisha is an epic fail. I can't seem to find a great blueberry or strawberry. I'd smoke it again but it wasn't great.

Last edited by Dunkel; April 7th, 2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:27 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Brand and Flavor:zona pink lemonade

Shisha Cut:med cut, kinda stemmy ans one of the wettest products I've ever seen. A total mess!

Hookah Type:31" syrian

Duration:10 mins.

Bowl:sm funnel w/mnh mod

Foil / Screen:rhd

Coal / Amount:3 pcs. exotica 1/4

Smoke:unimpressive

Buzz:n/a

Smell / Flavor:had an almost unnoticable lemonade smell.This stuff has no taste whatsoever.seriously. None!

Rating (1 to 10):0/10 absolute crap,imo.It took five minutes just to get it (barely) smoking, and when it did it was completely flavorless.I dumped the bowl after 10 short minutes.NO THANKS!
Old June 9th, 2008, 04:41 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Brand and Flavor: Zona Peppermint

Shisha Cut: Stringy, no artificial color

Hookah Type: Mya Acrylic

Duration: 2.5 hours

Foil / Screen: Reynolds HD

Coal / Amount: 3 Easy-Lite

Smoke: Thick

Buzz: 0

Smell / Flavor: Like a Candy Cane. Not as sugary, but very pepperminty.

Rating (1 to 10): 9 - It could have had a sweeter taste along with the strong mint, but there was a sweet flavor in there.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:45 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Before I begin the review, I just want to point out that this is the second time I am reviewing this product.After reading my less than stellar review, Arnold from Zona was kind enough to send me out afew more samples for a second try.

Brand and Flavor:zona pink lemonade

Shisha Cut:med cut, wetter than anything a have ever seen.

Hookah Type:31" syrian

Duration:1hr

Bowl:sm. funnel w/mnh mod

Foil / Screen:rhd

Coal / Amount:3 pcs 1/4 exotica

Smoke:I cannot emphasize enough how thick and huge these clouds were.I've never seen a product produce such obscenely monsterous clouds!

Buzz:n/a

Smell / Flavor:nice realistic pink lemonade smell.The flavor was the same as the smell but not nearly as pronounced.The tobacco in this product appears to be thoroughly washed, which leaves the smoker with no flavor other than that which was added,which could've been a bit stronger.
Rating (1 to 10):I want to point out that this is an entirely different product than the sample I originally reviewed.Whether flavor was added to this due to the thrashing it recieved in my earlier review or zona is truely improving ,I don't know( but will assume the latter).Regardless, this is a clear improvement.As someone who preffers more tradttional moassel, this is not something I would smoke regularly, but fans of contemporary brands should dig tis flavor. 6/10
Old July 18th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Brand and Flavor: Zona Watermelon

Shisha Cut: Medium, swimming in glycerin, no dye.

Hookah Type: 32" KM

Duration: 1 hour

Bowl: Med funnel no mod.

Foil / Screen: Foil, single sheet

Coal / Amount: 2 Belgian QLs 33m.

Smoke: Amazingly thick clouds.

Buzz: none

Smell / Flavor: There was a faint aroma of fresh cut watermelon. The flavor was the same for the first 15-20 minutes and then disappeared completely.

Rating (1 to 10): 4/10 Very disappointing flavor. This was the first watermelon that actually had the true smell of the fruit but then had nothing in the smoke. I would have dinged it much lower if it weren't for the monster clouds it produced. I ended up smoking just to mess around with smoke rings and other tricks.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:48 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Re: Zona / Epic Shisha

Brand and Flavor: "Epic Smoke Candy Cane

Shisha Cut: small / tiny , semi wet.

Hookah Type: Stargate

Duration: 30 minutes

Bowl: regular clay bowl

Coal / Amount: 2 pieces of exotica naturals

Smoke: thin, tasteless clouds

Smell / Flavor: There was a faint smell of peppermint. The flavor was semi there for the first 15-20 minutes and then disappeared completely, and sucked the rest of the bowl until I killed the bowl.

Rating (1 to 10): 2/10 Very disappointing flavor. Horrible smoke, virtually no taste. Very sad. I can't even use this to boost up the smoke in my other shisha like I did w/ the original smileys. That's just sad 2.75 down the tube. DO NOT BUY...

Brand and Flavor: "Epic Smoke Cotton Candy"

Shisha Cut: small / tiny , semi wet.

Hookah Type: Stargate

Duration: 45 minutes

Bowl: regular clay bowl

Coal / Amount: 2 pieces of exotica naturals

Smoke: thin, tasteless clouds

Smell / Flavor: There was a faint smell of something artifical. Kind of sweet but NOT cotton candy by any means. The flavor was there for the first 10 minutes or so, while I was trying to pin point the "exact" flavor I was smoking but then the flavor died out after about 20 -25 minutes and then disappeared completely.

Rating (1 to 10): 2/10 Very disappointing flavor. Horrible smoke, virtually no taste. Very sad. I can't even use this to boost up the smoke in my other shisha like I did w/ the original smileys. Another 2.75 down the tube. DO NOT BUY...

No more for me, epic smoke is the "epic fail" of shisha..........

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old November 23rd, 2008, 03:59 PM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

Brand and Flavor: Epic Smoke "Key Lime Pie"

Shisha Cut: Med, soaked in glycerin. Glycerin is much thinner and "water-y" than the glycerin in, say, AF or SB.

Hookah Type: 32" KM Pear

Duration: 1 1/2 hour

Bowl: First try - Egyptian clay bowl. Second try - Vortex bowl ((i don't know the size, but it holds a few grams less than a standard egyptian bowl))

Foil / Screen: rhd

Coal / Amount: Japanese square bricks: 1st round - 2x1 rectangle on the left. 2nd round - 2x1 on the right. 3rd round - 2 single squares, on opposing sides in the middle.

Smoke: Vortex Bowl - TONS of smoke. due to the mass amounts of thin glycerin, IMO. Egyptian Bowl - eh... not so much smoke. less than i'd get with AF or SB because the glycerin QUICKLY seeped through the holes in the bottom.

Smell / Flavor: Smell - from the container it smelled very good; very strong lime scent.
When i tried it with the Egyptian bowl, the flavor was less than satisfactory. It was pretty bland ((as said before, the glycerin seeped through the holes in the bowl)).
With the Vortex, though, the flavor was VERY strong and flavorful with a heavy lime flavor that made my mouth water as if i was ACTUALLY eating a lime... though still a tad sweet, reminiscent of the pie idea.

Rating (1 to 10):
Egyptian Bowl - 2.0 because the flavor and smoke were wicked weak due to the disappearing glycerin.

Vortex bowl - 9.0. The VERY THICK and VERY FLAVORFUL smoke was exactly what i wanted and enjoyed it thoroughly... i took a point of because i had tipped the bowl over to one side for a moment and some glycerin immediately came pouring out of the holes in the foil :/ due to the fact that the shisha is sooooo saturated in glycerin.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 04:51 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Brand and Flavor: Epic Cotton Candy

Shisha Cut: Stems, square chunks, soaked in liquid, half the containter

Hookah Type: 13" Astro

Duration: I stopped after filming

Bowl: regular

Foil / Screen: foil, shiny DOWN!!

Coal / Amount: 3 CH natties

Smoke: ...epic

Buzz: ...far from epic

Smell / Flavor: smells like cheap thai hooker, very cheap artificial smell. Tastes even worse, like crappy old gum, the taste doesn't leave your tongue.

Rating (1 to 10): 2, cause smoke was big.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:24 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Brand and Flavor: Epic smoke Graham Cracker

Shisha Cut: medium cut. VERY juicy

Hookah Type: KM fifa

Bowl: small phunnel

Foil / Screen: 2 layers of Reynolds foil

Coal / Amount: 1/3 of an exotica stick

Smoke: THICK from all of the glycerin and molasses

Smell / Flavor: the smell is very light. I could hardly smell it in the bag. When I packed the bowl, I picked up a very subtle sweet graham cracker/cinnamon smell.

Flavor is very very subtle and weak. it tastes kinda weird, to a point it is too sweet. It honestly just tastes like sweet smoke. No Joke.

Rating (1 to 10): 3.5/10 Clouds were very fun. but, the flavor needs to be much more stronger.

Last edited by JillyIsJustKidding; January 4th, 2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:27 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Brand and Flavor: Epic Smoke Caramel

Shisha Cut: medium cut. VERY juicy. Dye free.

Duration: 20 mins

Smell / Flavor: the smell is very light. I could hardly smell it in the bag. When I packed the bowl, I picked up a very subtle caramel smell.

I couldn't taste anything! It tasted funky or sweet....Hell idk. Just weird and light. I honestly can't explain the taste. To be honest, it didn't taste like anything

Rating (1 to 10): 3/10 Clouds were very fun. but, the flavor needs to be much more stronger...

Last edited by JillyIsJustKidding; January 4th, 2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:30 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Brand and Flavor: Epic smoke Key Lime Pie

Shisha Cut: medium cut. VERY juicy

Smell / Flavor: the smell is very light. I could hardly smell it in the bag. When I packed the bowl, I picked up a very candy lime-ish taste. It smelled like a bit of vanilla in it as well.

OMG! The first few pulls were delish and full of flavor! After those few pulls, the flaovr started to subside and taste sweet.

Rating (1 to 10): 4/10 Clouds were very fun and the flavor tastes great for the first few pulls. Went down hell after that....
Old April 7th, 2009, 10:02 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Brand and Flavor: Epic Smoke Red Hots

Shisha Cut: Medium to almost large leaf pieces, swimming in watery glycerine/honey mix. Light golden colored leaves, no dye.

Hookah Type: Miny Mya

Duration: 1 Hour

Foil / Screen: HD

Coal / Amount: 3 CH

Smoke: Very thick, dissipated quickly, too quickly to make showy "O's" (probably because of the ingredients)

Buzz: Negative

Smell / Flavor: The smell is great, exactly like Red Hots candy, or Atomic Fireball candy. I love cinnamon candy - discs, red hots, ribbon candy, toothpicks, atomic fireballs, gum - and the taste of this smoke was not disappointing. The flavor was much lighter than the smell, but at the bowl's peak you could taste it perfectly. The exact description of the flavor I got from the bowl was Cinnamon Trident Gum. I did not have 3 coals on the whole time, but the tobacco seems to be able to take heat well - I didn't want to push that aspect too far without actually knowing; the smoke was just too enjoyable to ruin. I did add a 3rd coal on periodically, and each time the flavor and smoke exploded, and never got harsh, but felt warm. This is much better than HF Atomic Fireball, and takes heat much better.

Rating (1 to 10): 9/10 - If you like the various cinnamon candies available, you will really enjoy this smoke. It will give you a lot of leniency with heat management, and if you get a lot of heat onto it, there's not a better trick-smoke available. Highly recommended.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:38 PM
tdbmax
Hookah Newbie

Brand and Flavor: Epic Smoke The hurricane

Shisha Cut: long, not dyed, very juicy

Hookah Type: 26" Temsah Wheat

Bowl: Vortex

Foil / Screen: Thin foil doubled

Coal / Amount: 2 CH naturals 1 Japanese

Smoke: Thick

Buzz: None

Smell / Flavor: Smelled like a nice tropical fruit salad. Tasted like burnt pineapple and buttered popcorn. Left a refreshing cool sensation in my mouth. Tasted better just on the verge of scorching. One weird session.
Rating (1 to 10): I would give it a 6 for weirdness. It was like a hurricane in that my taste buds told me to get away fast, but I wanted to wait and see what happened. Would be a conversation starter at a party while serving real tropical drinks with lots of rum.

Last edited by tdbmax; June 23rd, 2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Brand and Flavor:Epic pink lemonade

Shisha Cut: med cut, wetter than anything a have ever seen. Seriously, this stuff is like soup. I dont think they could have put more juice in if they tried.

Hookah Type:30" syrian

Duration: 15min
Bowl:sm. funnel w/o mod

Foil / Screen: Double layer foil

Coal / Amount: 3 CH nats.

Smoke: Pretty thick clouds. Not bad.

Buzz: None. Zero, zip, nada.

Smell / Flavor:nice realistic pink lemonade smell.The flavor is where it goes wrong. Maybe it was the sample i had. But, the flavor was a very faint lemonade taste. Then after it was going for a little bt. The flavro turned into this nasty peanut butter type taste. It was horrible. After about 15min i dumped the bowl. I will never buy Epic because of the soup stuff they offer, but with the way this tasted. NEVER NEVER again. Thank god it was free cause if i had bought it i would have kicked myself hard.

Rating (1 to 10): The smell gets a 10/10. It really smells like pink leamonade. My wife and i were excited to try it. Then the flavor. There really was nothing to it. Barely anything at all. Then it turned into this like peanut butter taste. It was horrible. 2/10 I gave it a 2 cause at the beggining it faintly tasted like lemonade. Then it just goes horribly wrong on you.

Last edited by Hayter; February 24th, 2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old July 24th, 2010, 02:44 AM
bwall64
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to bwall64

Brand and Flavor: Epic Smoke Black Cow

Shisha Cut: Extremely Wet Medium Cut

Hookah Type: Nammor 22" Azizi with 62" Nammor Hose

Duration: 1 Hour and a Half with 2 People

Bowl: Vortex Bowl

Foil / Screen: 2 Layers of Regular Foil

Coal / Amount: 2 QLs

Smoke: Thick Smoke, but not entire lungfuls

Buzz: No Buzz

Smell / Flavor: This was really hard to pin down. I was getting a scent of cinnamon but also similar to a light cigar scent. The person smoking with me thought gingerbread. The taste was nearly nonexistent. If anything, a bit like the smell.

Rating (1 to 10): 3. With more flavor this could've been a good smoke.
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:52 PM
VICTORIAESTMEUM
Hookah Nut

Brand and Flavor: Epic Smoke Red Hots

Shisha Cut: medium size cut swimming in glycerine

Hookah Type: KM 32 tri metal

Duration: 45 minutes so far

Bowl: vortex

Foil / Screen: Reynolds HD

Coal / Amount: 2 kanaras and a windcover the whole time

Smoke: Huge clouds

Buzz:non-existent

Smell / Flavor: this stuff requires more heat to get a decent flavor. Faint red hots taste was there but still very faint. Clouds were very big but that doesnt make up for a tasteless smoke imo.

Rating (1 to 10): 5/10 good taste but needs to be much much stronger.

32" KM Tri-Metal : KM Rainbow Hose : Phunnel
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:53 PM
birdmankustomz
Hookah Pro

Brand and Flavor: Epic Smoke candy cane

Shisha Cut: medium cut, massive amounts of glycerine

Hookah Type: Home-made mason jar rig with a Nammor

Duration: about an hour and 15 min

Bowl: Small Mya

Foil / Screen: Metal Screen

Coal / Amount: coconara cubes, 2

Smoke: MASSIVE clouds

Buzz: almost none

Smell / Flavor: Smells like peppermint, tastes like a very mild absolute zero (smells pretty much the same too)

Rating (1 to 10): 7, light flavor, but not bad at all. It was a bit expensive (bought on a whim locally) but I'd buy it again. As said above, the clouds were just enormous with this stuff (probably the huge amounts of glycerine)
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:03 PM
birdmankustomz
Hookah Pro

Brand and Flavor: Epic Smoke Forever Lasting Gobstopper

Shisha Cut: medium cut, massive amounts of glycerine

Hookah Type: Mya QT

Duration: about an hour and a half

Bowl: vortex

Foil / Screen: hookah foil I had laying around

Coal / Amount: coconara cubes, 3

Smoke: MASSIVE clouds

Buzz: almost none

Smell / Flavor: Smells awesome (hence why I bought it), but the taste is very light (almost nonexistant)

Rating (1 to 10): 4 - Not a very much flavour, but the clouds were enormous, as with all the epic smoke I've tried. Fun to smoke with friends just because of the smoke, but thats about it.
Old November 9th, 2011, 05:48 AM
JStrawbs
Hookah Newbie

Recently, the smoke shops around town stopped carrying Epic Smoke. I asked why and was told that it was because the guy who made it decided to open up his own shop to sell his products. Living in Tucson, I thought I'd google him up, to find out that he's just 7 miles away. I drove over one night after work, and bullshat with the guy for 10 minutes or so. Great dude, not so great product. I did leave with Everlasting Gobstopper and Candy Cane. I'll probably buy a few more of his shishas to see if there is something out there worth getting.

Brand and Flavor: Epic Smoke Everlasting Gobstobber

Shisha Cut: Medium cut, less glycerine than usual for Epic Smoke

Hookah Type: 29" Jordanian

Foil / Screen: Generic heavy duty

Coal / Amount: 2 coconaras

Smoke: Thick and cloudy, as expected of Epic Smoke

Buzz: None whatsoever

Smell / Flavor: The smell was an interesting smell. Started off with jasmine and changed throughout the session to a light berry smell, reminiscent of a certain jawbreaker. The flavor however, was non-existent.

Rating (1 to 10): 4, I won't buy this one again.
Old November 9th, 2011, 05:55 AM
JStrawbs
Hookah Newbie

As for the Candy Cane, I was asking him if he had a straight mint, and this is what he told me was his mint.

Brand and Flavor: Epic Smoke Candy Cane

Shisha Cut: Standard Epic Smoke, medium cut with lots of glycerine.

Hookah Type: 29" Jordanian

Foil / Screen: Generic foil

Coal / Amount: 1.5 coconaras (I smoked this right after the Gobstopper and had a leftover coal)

Smoke: Nice and heavy, thick clouds!

Buzz: None.

Smell / Flavor: Tastes and smells just like mint! Candy cane, not so much, but it's definitely minty! I honestly like this! The other shops in town only carry Starbuzz when it comes to mint, and I'm not paying $10 a can for 100g of mint, so $3 at the shop for 50g of his mint is MUCH better, and I'm fairly certain that this probably carries more flavor than Starbuzz.

Rating (1 to 10): 8, I'll leave room for improvement, but it's pretty solid.

I think Epic Smoke really does have a future, all this guy needs to do is figure out how to get the flavor into that smoke, and not just the smell. He's pretty much nailed the mint, though.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook