Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Reviews > Shisha / Tobacco

Shisha / Tobacco Reviews of all the different brands of shisha available for smoking in your hookah ...

Pride of Al-Qamishli

Shisha / Tobacco

Reply Share

Old April 12th, 2010, 11:01 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Default Pride of Al-Qamishli

Reviews for Pride of Al-Qamishli

This section is for reviews only. Any questions and/or comments should be posted in separate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods.

The following can be used as a guideline for your review....

Brand and Flavor:

Shisha Cut:

Hookah Type:

Duration:

Bowl:

Foil / Screen:

Coal / Amount:

Smoke:

Buzz:

Smell / Flavor:

Rating (1 to 10):
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:36 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: Pride of Al-Qamishli

Brand and Flavor: Pride of Al-Qamishli The Harmony of the Soil

Shisha Cut: Fine cut, no dyes, just enough moistness to it

Hookah Type: Syrian Glyph

Duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes and I think it is almost done

Bowl: Vortex

Foil / Screen: Double layer cheap foil

Coal / Amount: 3 Starlight nats and a wind cover to start and then dropped to 2 and a wind cover. Had to go through 2 rounds of coals

Smoke: Excellent smoke from a traditional. Medium white clouds

Buzz: Don't have one, but trying not to chain

Smell / Flavor: You get a nice coffee, spice, creamy, tobacco smell and flavor. Words can't describe this tobacco. As I stated in my video, this is what hookah is about. This is what we need to be smoking on a daily basis. We need to some how get this in the States!

Rating (1 to 10): A perfect 10 and beyond!
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir

Last edited by CaptHowdy; April 12th, 2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old April 13th, 2010, 09:56 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Manufacturer, flavour, size:
Pride of Al-Qamishli, The Harmony of the Soil, 100 grams

Setup:
Temsah Dahad, Mini Alien Phunnel, Leather wide hose, 2 CH coals, Windcover

Packing (10 pt.):
Unavailable - came to me in a sample.

Appearance & Stems (10 pt.):
A very fine cut, very dark tobacco with a thin wetness. No stems visible, some larger leaf pieces. 10 points

Smell & Taste (40 pt.):
It smells like strong dark roasted coffee with the coupled aroma of fresh Cinnamon Bark. There is a perfume-like tobacco scent, something not found in Western Tobacco. It's heavy and dark, like a perfumed dark molasses.
There is a mild oak flavor. The flavor tends to fluctuate, but picking up the cinnamon bark is easy through the nose with occasional tastes on the palate with the tongue. The dark coffee is a natural flavor, and is very easily recognizable on the palate. The middle eastern tobacco flavor is as up front as the coffee, it's a heavy slightly dark floral flavor that is also present in Al Barudi from Shooting Star. All in all, the main difference between this and Al Barudi blend is the coffee and less spice flavors. 37 points

Smoke & Mouth Feel (15 pt.):
The smoke is a medium thickness. The mouth feel is medium, and stays on the palate in a slightly oily presence. 13 points

Value (25 pt.):
I got this as a sample, and payed $12 for 100 grams - this was with shipping and handling and customs. So I am not sure how much this tobacco cost. 25 points

Total Score: 95 points
Old April 14th, 2010, 07:32 PM
davidbondok
Hookah Nut

Shisha Cut: Super fine cut, and wet
Hookah Type: KM Americana Trimetal, KM Leather Hose
Duration: 2 hours
Bowl: Small Tangiers Phunnel
Foil / Screen: HD Foil 1 layer
Coal / Amount: 3 Coco Naras and a Windcover on and off
Smoke: Medium to Small Clouds
Buzz: At First no buzz after about 30 min great relaxing buzz
Smell / Flavor: I taste a Creamy sweet coffee with heavy notes to it, I also get some nice spice on the inhale. After the exhale I get a multi spiced taste that coats the mouth. I love the creamy part of this tobacco!
Rating (1 to 10): 10/10 its great, I love it, I need 10 kilos!
Old April 19th, 2010, 05:35 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Brand and Flavor: Pride of Al-Qamishli: The Harmony of the Soil

Shisha Cut: Unique! It is very wet and fairly finely cut. Not as fine as Desi Murli though.

Hookah Type: Khalil Mamoonn Pharonie Trimetal which I cleaned so very thoroughly, and an Al Fakher Healthy Hose. When I sucked air through my hookah it tasted like nothing but air.

Duration: To be determined! It feels like it will last for as long as I wish as long as I maintain the coal rotation. I used a very small amount of the tobacco so my sample will be enjoyed thoroughly many times!

Bowl: My smallest Egyptian bowl. Very very small, meant for just my solo smoking.

Foil / Screen: Two layers of foil with a mostly rectangular hole pattern.

Coal / Amount: Three ******* Hookah natural coals teetering on the edge now but in the center for the first few minutes to heat up the bowl. I am rotating them constantly and precisely.

Smoke: It is very smooth and fairly thick. The smoothest I'll ever try perhaps! It is like inhaling the sensation you get when you drink cream.

Buzz: It is definitely a whopper of a buzz, more so than Nakhla. You MUST be wary with this or you will get sick. It isn't an invigorating buzz like Tangiers, or a relaxing one like Desi Murli. It's in a league of its own for how it affects you I must say. It's hard to describe a buzz that doesn't change your body but just gives you a slight light headed feeling so I'll just leave it at that. It relaxes my body well but not like any tobacco I've ever tried.

Smell / Flavor: It is a mild spice flavor that I can't put my finger on. It reminds me of a dark malt more than anything, mixed with a subtle spice; imagine if you would the taste of putting a tiny amount of allspice on your tongue. It's there and certainly not bland, but very mellow. It is also a sweet taste and again a very very very smooth smoke.

The smell of the tobacco itself reminds me of a dark and spicy winter ale. If you've ever had the Sam Adams Fezziwig ale, that is the best I can compare it to, except it is not as powerful.

Rating (1 to 10): I've given tobaccos a 10 before but they don't hold a candle to this one. Talk about a relaxing smoke. Desi Murli will relax you with the buzz, this relaxes you with the taste. I've never EVER smoked anything that is so tasty and yet subtle... A bit of a contradiction but I hope you get the gist.

Next time I smoke this I will make a cup of water with an ever so small amount of cane sugar in it, I think that will compliment it well.

I hope we are offered something like this in the USA some day. I love everything about it. Thanks a million to Hajo and Adam for providing this!
Old July 31st, 2010, 11:40 AM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

Shisha Cut: Dark tobacco, cut medium fine. The best way I can describe it is somewhere between Desi Murli and Nakhla. The tobacco isn't dripping wet or "slimey"(for lack of a better term) like Nakhla, but instead is more damp.

Hookah Type: AF Large Solid

Duration: 2 hours

Bowl: Crown Classic

Foil / Screen: 2 Layers of HD Foil

Coal / Amount: 1/3 Exotica X2(+1 for last 30 minutes) or 2 Shishaco Coconut Coals(+1 for the last 30 minutes as well).

Smoke: Small to start but as the tobacco gets more acclimated to the heat I am getting medium sized smoke.

Buzz: Seasoned Smoker so I haven't picked up much of a buzz from this tobacco.

Smell/Flavor:
The most prominent flavor that I notice is a dark coffee flavor. This is different than other coffee tobaccos I've tried because the coffee isn't a musky and overpowering but it instead blends well and has a very creamy note to it that allows the other flavors in the background to come through. There are undertones of different spices that add more dimension to this but pinpointing the exact spices and flavors is difficult given that the flavor profile of the tobacco changes very slowly over the session. It has an incredible mouth feel and texture that simply isn't existent in Western or even Gulf Style moassels. The flavors linger and coat your mouth almost in the way that a robust cigar can.

This tobacco conjures a comfortable familiarity for me because of the coffee and tobacco notes that I first pick up when I start smoking. As I continue to smoke the coffee flavors blend into the backdrop as other spices come and go and the presence of these notes makes it near impossible for the flavor to become stagnant on the palate.
Score: 10 but its hard to rate this tobacco simply because there is nowhere near a comparable commercial tobacco available.

Special thanks to Hajo and his US contact for making this product available to try, I simply cannot overstate how much I have enjoyed this tobacco over the past few months.

Additional Resources: Backstory(http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21010)
How To Smoke(http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21415)

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook