Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Vendors > Vendor Sales / Specials / Deals

Vendor Sales / Specials / Deals Find the best in sales, specials, deals ... from Sponsoring Vendors ...

What drives you...

Vendor Sales / Specials / Deals

Reply Share

Old December 7th, 2008, 08:45 PM
hookahlife
Vendor

Send a message via ICQ to hookahlife Send a message via AIM to hookahlife
Default Re: What drives you...

Thanks so much for all the responses. We really appreciate it and will take all of it into consideration.

Thanks again, you guys have been a great help.

Regards,
Hookah Life
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:21 PM
hookahlife
Vendor

Send a message via ICQ to hookahlife Send a message via AIM to hookahlife

[FONT=Verdana]Hey Divine,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion you had experienced with us. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]The email that was sent out about 15% off your first order was accidentally sent out. We were updating our contact list, and the email was previously setup as an auto responder for new members. We were unaware that that particular email was sent out and found out only when we were approached by our members. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]We had discontinued that responder as well as our forum discounts upon lowering our prices to offset those discounts, and had made a post explaining the change. We also messaged the forum admins to change our discounts on the vendor discount threads. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]We had intended for the changes to be a smooth transition, however certain elements of the change were delayed and so a lot of confusion ensued. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]What we currently offer is free shipping on orders over $100, and flat-rate shipping on order under $100, and have our prices lowered to accommodate the lost discounts. Additionally our gift certificates act as discounts as the purchase price is less than the face value of the certificate.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I hope this clarifies some of the confusion, and once again I apologize for all the miscommunication on our part.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Eugene[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Hookah Life[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
Old December 7th, 2008, 10:17 PM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic

Shipping is a big deal for me, as well as selection. I tend to talk myself out of orders because there isn't enough of an appealing selection for me to justify spending more and make the purchase worth a high flat-rate shipping. Tailoring the shipping rate to fit the order and improving the selection is in my opinion what more vendors need.
Old December 8th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

Here is my process. I figure out what I want or basically what I want. I go to the vendor discount codes section and create an order in all of the vendors that offer discount codes. I look at different products and prices and the one that has everything I need for that purchase a good selection and best ending price (price+shipping-discounts) That is my huckleberry. Fixed rate shipping does usually work for me especially if it is low enough. Generally speaking no matter what you get shipping is the big white bear that can screw the whole thing up. So buying online usually gets relegated to stuff I can't find around here. Oddly I can find Nakhla and a few Al Fakher things around here cheap All the hookahs are cheap but there don't seem to be any name brands. Accessories like quality hoses (washable hoses are apparently almost non-existent here). Customer service for me is a plus but I prefer to not need them. If everything goes smoothly with no insidents and I never have to speak to a CS person I am happy. If I do have to I want someone who is patient helpful and courteous. If I need to speak with someone then I want to be able to get a hold of someone by phone as soon as I find out there is an issue to address. That seems to work better than electronic communications unless there is a way to contact CS through a chat feature. I want to be able to see the website, the order, and the options while I discuss the solution.
Old December 8th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
However, I really don't understand what is wrong with expressing preference for one vendor against another in this thread. If alot of people order from one vendor, then that becomes the standard and I think its good to specifically name a vendor.
Because Eugene didn't ask for your favorite vendor, he asked what you look for in a vendor. This post wasn't intended to be a flash advertiser for anyone but just to list peoples shopping habbits and preferences.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook