Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Reviews > Hookah Pipes

Hookah Pipes Reviews of hookah pipes used for smoking hookah ...

Custom 26" Sahara Hookah

Hookah Pipes

Reply Share
Old May 28th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Hookah Newbie
Location: Originally California (San Jose) but for the last 2 years Portland oregon with g/f
Thumbs up Custom 26" Sahara Hookah

First off this is my first hookah and hookah experience so with experience my views on this review may change. With that said I want to give HUGE thanks to Jon at Sahara for helping me with my order. My orginal order was good but I found out I could get a better hookah for the same price through a different site. I posted a thread about it and Jon saw it and helped me get the hookah I wanted at a price that didn't break me. Big thumbs up to him for that.
So the shipping was ok, not great but ok. 5 day ground from Georgia to Oregon through UPS. It kind of sucked because it didn't arrive before the holiday weekend so it didn't arrive until Tuesday. But it wasn't a huge deal. So the package arrived and it was typical Sahara packing. Completely lined with bubble wrap with no visable damage to the package. Everything was included in the bag so it looked nice and clean. Opening it up there were tons of little goodies in the bag. It had the typical extra tips, 3 rolls of akhla coals, cleaning brush, extra grommets, poster and decals, along with a coal screen. At first I had placed an order through hookah-hookah and it came with a free double blown pyrex bowl as a promotion. When I saw that I could get free shipping if I ordered through Sahara co web site I put up the thread that Jon contacted me about. So Jon threw in the bowl PLUS the free shipping, HUGE thanks for that. Not sure exactly why I got so many but I also received 2 different colored normal bowls in addition to the pyrex bowl AND a nice genie bowl. So different bowls = SWEET! We had upgraded the hose to the large silver one however I was slightly disappointed at it. On the web site it looks very nice however in person it is slightly cheap looking. The paint job looks like craft paint that you can buy at a local store. There was visable glue near the ends where the cord is held and the meterial for the hose feels like a small version of a dryer hose; BUT you get what you pay for and it works better than the 2nd hose it came with because it is wider. Besides I am going to be upgrading the hose to a Nammor soon. It did come with the 2nd normal hose as well so that was kind of nice.
So the vase is absolutly beautiful. Very thick glass and wonderful color. The flame etching is a little child like and doesn't look much like flames but it is very nice all in all. There was a made in china sticker on the bottom but again the vase feels very good quality. The stem as a 22" persian style. It comes apart into about 4 pieces for easy cleaning and the stem unscrews. It is very heavy and feels solid. The etching on the stem is nice and it looks great. It has the release valve and the covering for the valve is a screw off metal cap that is quite heavy for it's size, I was impressed by this so I thought I would mention it. All the grommets fit wonderfully for a nice air tight seal. I did not notice any leaning of the stem when using it so no problem there. Now keep in mind I have never smoked from a hookah before but it was AWESOME! I think I had some problems with the shisha and heat management but the hookah is awesome and hits like a champ. Over all it was a wonderful experience. The customer service was great, the hookah is great, the packaging was top notch for a first time purchase. I would most certainly use this vendor again as it was a wonderful welcome to the hookah community.

Last edited by crimsonkingjv; May 28th, 2008 at 02:57 PM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

hookah, sahara, vendor