Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Small Hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 22nd, 2007, 01:30 PM
TheAlmightyClaw
Hookah Newbie

Default Small Hookah

I want a small hookah because it is really hard to manage coals on my KM Hafa (My futon is under a loft, so I have to get out and stand to move around the coals). I want a hookah tha tis 18" or smaller. I have heard about people complaining/loving about the mya qt, but I have not heard to much about the Bambino or the Diva. If anyone has anything they like to say about any of these hookahs, or if they have a suggestion I would appreciate it.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 01:33 PM
TheAlmightyClaw
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Small Hookah

Sorry for the double post, I never said it loaded....
Old November 22nd, 2007, 02:31 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

It is true that you will get a harsher, hotter smoke with more CO if you go with a short rig but I understand that sometimes that is what people need. Mya QTs are crap and i'd avoid them if possible. I would recommend the H2 model from Furat ( http://www.furathookahs.com/store.html ) as i've tried it out and it works great considering the size (16") and it looks better then anything so small. Drop Furat a line asking for some photos as he's a nice guy.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:07 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I know the sizes they carry are large, BUT try contacting PimpYourHookah.com or PirateHookahs.com they both carry Magdy Zidan's and you may be able to score one of the smaller ones? You will have to contact them directly though.

Also check out the small Egyptians that a few of the vendors here carry as well.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:11 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

The Mya Diva is in fact pretty good. It's not as good as Mya's taller offerings, but it gets the job done. I would suggest replacing the Diva's stock bowl with a Tangier's phunnel bowl. This will enhance the flavor and duration of your hookah sessions with the Diva. My friend has one (with stock bowl), and it smokes good, and taste pretty good, but to me it needs a little improvement in performance. A tangier's phunnel bowl will easily enhance the flavor of it, making it a real good smoke. I also like the fact that it's so small that you can easily take it anywhere, since it comes in it's own little hard carrying case.
Old November 24th, 2007, 01:01 PM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

dude ill stright up trade you a qt for your km... and ill throw cash in the deal if needed because yeah i dont like my qt but i want a km
Old November 24th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

My cousin gave me Diva about a year and half ago and it worked fine for a couple of months but problems developed and about 3 months later the thing was worthless so I threw it away. I don't think that KM exists the size you want but go a head and check with PYH anyway. I know that Magdy Zidan makes some small rigs but I've no first hand experience with them. The Furat rig I gave a link to earlier is very good considering how small it it.
Old November 24th, 2007, 01:32 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Hajo, do you know if any of those Furat rigs have brass parts?
Old November 24th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Yes, they all have brass parts and some are solid brass save the outer coating of stainless steel. All have a brass heart and a brass down stem although the downstems are often coated with stainless steel.
Old November 24th, 2007, 02:22 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Ohh no kidding!!!!

Wow, i think i'm gonna jump on one of those next paycheck...
Old November 25th, 2007, 10:20 PM
hobohookah
Vendor

I like my MYA diva. Haven't had any rust problems with regular use/abuse. Its also a VERY stable small hookah, which the QT and Bambino I would say are not. It is a bit more expensive though.

Old November 26th, 2007, 06:00 PM
kingofkingsxxl
Hookah Newbie

I have a 32" and an 18"
They both are great. I thought the 18" would be more harsh, but surprisingly, I've noticed the harshness tends to have to do more with the type of coals/shisha more so than the height - that is just my experience.

Old November 26th, 2007, 07:14 PM
rayver
Hookah Nut

I don't have any real suggestions for small hookahs but I would like to say not the get the Mini Mya because it's not stable...you can knock it over so easily.
Old November 26th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkingsxxl
I have a 32" and an 18"
They both are great. I thought the 18" would be more harsh, but surprisingly, I've noticed the harshness tends to have to do more with the type of coals/shisha more so than the height - that is just my experience.
Without a doubt bad coals or coals not properly lit will produce a horrid session and it is true that a badly made big rig will not be as a good as well made small one although the latter are not so common. Still, I think you'll find that if you set up things right the best small rig will not perform as well as a decent full sized set up.
Old November 27th, 2007, 12:34 AM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobohookah
I like my MYA diva. Haven't had any rust problems with regular use/abuse. Its also a VERY stable small hookah, which the QT and Bambino I would say are not. It is a bit more expensive though.

THANK YOU!!!! FINALLY SOMEONE WHO'S NOT AGAINST MYA'S!!! I agree with the fact that it's a reliable hookah. My friend also constantly smokes it outdoors (since his parents don't know either), and trust me, he's not as careful as I am with my hookahs. That little Diva he owns has got some abuse and "miles" on it. It still smokes just as good as when it was brand new.
Old November 27th, 2007, 12:48 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

What's wrong with Myas? They are made with top-rate Stainless Alloy, and the stems are extremely thick.
Also, compare your Mya Downstem to your other hookah's. Most likely it's quite a bit wider.

(Excluding Bambino and QT) I am talking from experience with a H-S Acrylic.

Old November 27th, 2007, 12:57 AM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk
What's wrong with Myas? They are made with top-rate Stainless Alloy, and the stems are extremely thick.
Also, compare your Mya Downstem to your other hookah's. Most likely it's quite a bit wider.

(Excluding Bambino and QT) I am talking from experience with a H-S Acrylic.

What's wrong with Mya's? LOL, I don't know, it seems that the majority of people around here always bash Mya's for being "garbage and not smoking well" Obviously you, hobohookah, and I, know for a FACT that this is not true... I've said this before, but I think that the reason why so many people hate on Mya's is due to either their own clumsiness (which will cause any hookah to break, no matter what) or the price difference compared to a traditonal hookah... I'm always very cautious and caring of my hookahs, and my Mya Column is still going strong even after several months of daily use outdoors.

I'm just a little surprised that two different members are on the same page as me when it comes to Mya quality and performance... I thought I was alone there for a second!
Old November 27th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Obviously a lot of people like Mya so I doubt anyone would dispute that. On the other hand a lot of people here, at the other form and people that i've known over the years hate them. My reasons for hating them are basically a lot of negative experiences and the same can be said for a lot of other people that are as experienced narghile fans as anyone you will ever meet. Some people I suppose are simply clumsy and wreck their Myas but that is not the experience of a lot of very bright people. Instead, i'd guess that like a lot of things made in the PRC by the millions defects are to blame.

A secondary issue is the moral one. Personally, I am opposed to supporting communism and slavery and when you buy products made in the PRC you do just that. If that is not an issue for you then consider Mya products. If Mya has worked out well for you then that is great and obviously you should continue to give Mya you're business until something changes for the worse.
Old October 20th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Hookahkukla
Hookah Newbie

I love the KM mini hookahs! They're super cute and hit really well. Also, they're like $60-70.
Old October 20th, 2015, 07:41 PM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookahkukla View Post
I love the KM mini hookahs! They're super cute and hit really well. Also, they're like $60-70.
First and foremost, NECRO. Woooo.

Worse than responding to an 8 year old post is doing so when the previous poster was Hajo. Thats just bad form.

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old October 20th, 2015, 07:48 PM
Fearless Smoker
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnclynatns View Post
First and foremost, NECRO. Woooo.

Worse than responding to an 8 year old post is doing so when the previous poster was Hajo. Thats just bad form.
Hush, dont scare the newbies
Old October 20th, 2015, 08:27 PM
thekinetic
Hookah Pro

The khanjar night is a good small hookah, I know most hate it but I love the little guy. It outsmokes all of my others but to each his own!
Old October 20th, 2015, 09:52 PM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Smoker View Post
Hush, dont scare the newbies
^^^
I apologize ....

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old October 21st, 2015, 11:23 AM
Zaorish
Hookah Enthusiast

why am I friggin starvin

Last edited by Zaorish; October 21st, 2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old October 21st, 2015, 03:09 PM
One Small Voice
Sambooka Jr.

Hmm. If the following Hajo thing is bad form, then those comments are completely inappropriate.
Share with your friends on facebook