xvideo24.net
Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Preventing Rusty Heart?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 4th, 2011, 11:27 PM
tankluda
Hookah Newbie

Default Preventing Rusty Heart?

Dont really post on here but this may be beneficial.

Recently I found out that the heart of my hookah rusted out as I felt that Fantasia Million Dollar tasted like crap(never possible!!!!) so i searched up other ways to clean it out, ditched that idea and decided to take apart this chinese P.O.S

Before:

What I Found:

New Stem/Heart (bought for $10 @ local smoke shop, what a steal I'd think):

Aside showing off my new item(even though I know everyone elses hookah **** is way better than mine quality wise), Is there a way to prevent the heart from rusting out? should i not wash it at all?

Sorry for being a fatty noob
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Darkly
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Preventing Rusty Heart?

No reason for apologizes... I have a 28" chinese twister hookah.. It has that common ball chamber.. I read that this was a definite area of potential corrosion so I immediately took a pipewrench and channel locks to my ball chamber and got it opened.. Sure enough, I saw the beginnings of rust spots inside it.. I took a nice long bit adapter and a small wire wheel from a dremel kit and cleaned the surface rust off..
Once clean, you will need to remember that cleaning the chamber has to be part of your cleaning routine. Once its dried out completely, simply pop it open and inspect/remove any signs of potential rust. This will prolong the life of your common chambered hookah and prevent off flavors as well. Hope this helps!

KM 1001 nights chiller, Chinese twister rig, and the mighty homemade bazooka hookah...Maker of homemade hand-sculpted hookah bowls...Blackleafs, traditionals, Nakhla, Tangiers Noir...mmm mmm good!
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:42 PM
tankluda
Hookah Newbie

sweet, thanks a bunch man
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:53 PM
ajs425
Hookah Master

You could always buy a new rig :P upsize to a KM or something like it!

I am the true hookah troll, fear me or love me, you cannot hide from the troll he will find you... and make you rage.
Setup, KM Green Pear 36", Small Tangier's Phunnel, KM Rainbow and Nammor Hoses
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Cellodude
Hookah Newbie

Even though they are still Chinese, mya's are pretty durable. I have one of the mini acrylic ones that I use when I travel, and it has yet to show any signs of rust, despite my less than stellar attitude towards cleaning it. You can get mya stems from many stores or directly from them, and I think there is a discount code for them here! Probably would cost about $40, and you need to check and make sure it will fit your vase, but there is a huge difference between those and all of the other Chinese hookahs I have owned. That said, I concur that eventually a KM or other good traditional pipe is the way to go.
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:41 AM
tankluda
Hookah Newbie

I was actually thinking about getting a KM later on if i got the cash to spare, actually im from hawaii(just moved to AZ in jan.) and at our stores back home its all cheapo stuff never name brand stuff so not knowing much about hookah products randomly bought this small hookah for about $300 when it costs about $100 online(how smart I am huh...) so Im learning slowly but surely lol thanks again for the input
Old August 5th, 2011, 02:37 AM
nightowl415
Hookah Nut

One thing that I've done with the Sahara Smoke Co. Pipe that use is that, after a thorough cleaning and drying, I take a few drops of light weight machine oil and rub it on my fingertips. I then lightly go over the inside surfaces and points of wear (threaded areas, etc.) and then wipe off any excess. The thin film of oil inhibits moisture collecting on the surface of exposed metal and also aids in threaded parts turning freely. I've never seen any signs of rust and have never had any of the parts seize up on me. One point to keep in mind ia that less oil is better than slopping on too much oil. Excess oil will collect smoke and residue and may impart an undesirable taste to the shisha, so be careful not to apply too much oil.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Has anyone else done anything similar? Are there other preventative maintenance procedures that others have used?

The idea came to me from how firearms are maintained in humid or waterborne environments. The key there is to keep the layer of oil to the lightest film possible.

I have never noticed any unusual tastes and the pipe has performed very, very well.
Old August 5th, 2011, 02:48 AM
shishologist
Hookah Pro

nightowl415: I see you in the future making a hookah out of the barrel of an M82A1 rifle or Heckler&Koch.
Old August 5th, 2011, 02:53 AM
nightowl415
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishologist View Post
nightowl415: I see you in the future making a hookah out of the barrel of an M82A1 rifle or Heckler&Koch.
You, sir, are a genius.... and I find it frightening that you can read my thoughts.
Old August 5th, 2011, 03:48 AM
shishologist
Hookah Pro

Gotta love the M82A1 though. It's sleek and fires a B.E.A.-utiful shot. Very clean. It's a little excessive in calm weather, though. It seems to be more useful in windier conditions, although you still have to compensate. Still, the caliber is heavy enough to shoot a damn beer bottle cap in windy weather from quite a distance.

I wonder if we can make a hookah out of its barrel, and call it the Sniper Hookah. You can smoke with precision and deliver high caliber smoke >.<
Old August 5th, 2011, 11:58 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18283

What I did with my Chinese hookah

What the heart looked like

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16786
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Canadianshisha
Hookah Aficionado

that doesnt even look safe to smoke out of, id buy a new. To bad you didnt make a Pimp my hookah video with this thing
Share with your friends on facebook