xvideo24.net
Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Other Stuff - Not Specifically Hookah Related > General Yada-Yada

General Yada-Yada For discussion not related to hookah specifically ...

Golf Tips

General Yada-Yada

Reply Share

Old September 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM
cmm5350
Hookah Aficionado

Default Golf Tips

So my boss found out I golf and now wants us to go out with our big clients. I have a pretty decent short game, but I cannot drive a golf ball for the life of me. I'm talking wicked slices. Anyone else have this problem on your drive/fixed it?
Old September 10th, 2013, 01:07 PM
cableparrot
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmm5350 View Post
So my boss found out I golf and now wants us to go out with our big clients. I have a pretty decent short game, but I cannot drive a golf ball for the life of me. I'm talking wicked slices. Anyone else have this problem on your drive/fixed it?
Mine are really basic tips that I have problems with. I tend to lift up halfway through the swing and hook the ball. Also if I turn my hips instead of just using my core, I will slice. If I focus for a while, I start hitting around 250 (straight) with a 3 wood. Of course that's at the range but I consider if decent.

Sent from the gates of hell using Forum Runner
Old September 10th, 2013, 01:57 PM
K baz
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Golf Tips

I am in a simular boat to you or at least I was - if your iron same is strong I would back off the power on the drive.

I use to be 250ish with a 1 wood but I tried to kill it everytime and I always sliced it. So I backed off the power and slowed it down and tried to hit 70 % as hard now I am hitting a solid 180 down the middle no slice. I focus on making sure my hands are in the right position - making sure I am not rolling them back and taking the concern off the crushing drive.

Then I make up the distance lost with a lower iron on my second shot. My irons rarely slice.

PS might not want to get to good is your Boss a guy that likes to win?
Old September 10th, 2013, 02:04 PM
IMCarnochan
Romeo

Its all a pendulum, dont try to force it, just let it happen naturally. the more control you try to exert the more you will try to power through it and the more the face will be off.

- MustangII on IMC
Old September 10th, 2013, 04:38 PM
SpiritWolf
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMCarnochan View Post
Its all a pendulum, dont try to force it, just let it happen naturally. the more control you try to exert the more you will try to power through it and the more the face will be off.
Using this method is one of many I use... When I use to travel I went to Japan. This little bitty man taught me a neat way to swing. Using the same swing IMCarnochan stated above.. the man stated wait and let the club fall with the gravity and half way through that is where you put the power. When I got back to the states it took me about 3 months to perfect it but it did add about 20 yards to my swing... now putting is what kills me... lol
Old September 11th, 2013, 07:11 AM
ajc93
Hookah Nut

One tip I've just now started to practice is when you're driving, on your backswing make sure your left (or right, depending on handedness) shoulder is below or touching your chin, and then on the follow through make sure your opposite shoulder is touching your chin. This will help you keep your head down. Also keep your eye on the ball through your swing. You don't want to look and see where your ball went before your swing is even finished. Work on loosening up your grip. This is a big problem for me still. These are just a few I've been trying to perfect, I wish you luck

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook