Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Pro > Introductions - Forum Members

Introductions - Forum Members Come on in and Introduce yourself to the community ...

Washington state smoker - looking for suggestions

Introductions - Forum Members

Reply Share

Old June 26th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Joehookah
Hookah Newbie

Cool Washington state smoker - looking for suggestions

Hey guys its joehookah,

Well im new to hookah pro and have been meaning to sign up for sometime but finally got around to it, im from the washington state area and always down for meeting new people in the area that are into hookah.

About me: Ive been doing hookah for about 2 years now and im pretty passionate about it, ive tried dozens of brands and personally find starbuzz, social smoke and fantasia the best (i know it has glycerin but its still a yummy taste). I do about 3 hookah bowls a day and love trying new flavors. Ill soon start my own reviews of the products i have tried and hope to hear what you think about them. Enjoy

Ill be editing this as time goes on but i want to start a list of shisha flavors i have tried

Peach- I have tried both fantasia's peach fuzzy navel and al-waha's peach flavor, both are very good in respects to the difference in prices. Although i usually find Al-waha a lower grade shisha i did enjoy this flavor. Fantasia 8.5/10. Al-waha 7.75/10 based on the price/taste

Spearmint- I have tried both starbuzz's spearmint as well as al-waha and both were extremely yummy, a more summer flavor and doesnt get old. As with my peach review i would say the same to spearmint, al-waha isnt bad for the price for this flavor. Starbuzz 8/10 al-waha 7.5/10

Cupids arrow - A very sweet flavor and very good for new smokers, it has a strong taste and has potential to create large clouds or lighter clouds for the newer hookah users. I only had a 50g box of this which is unfortunate because i did enjoy this flavor a lot, my only concern is that it was a bit wet and tasted like it had a chemical base to it instead of a natural. Still i would give it an 8/10

Sweet red melon - A very good flavor overall, always a safe buy and i usually get several 200g jars at a time. A flavor more for a fruity mood or women generally prefer it, you dont get as much of a buzz as you would with lets say starbuzz but none the less a great flavor. Because i have used 7+ jars and havent grown tired of it i would give this a 9.5/10

Triple apple - Personally i found this flavor a little bit overrated, i have several buddies who love the flavor of triple apple and would make it a top choice, however i have tried it a couple times and felt it was an average shisha it wasnt a bad flavor by any means just didnt make my mouth water like other fruity fantasia flavors i have tried. I would give it a 7/10

Strawberry lemonade - I heard great things about this flavor and decided to take a chance and get a 200g jar, i do regret it. It isnt a bad flavor but isnt really enjoyable either. It has a slight rubbing alcohol smell and taste to it and i didnt enjoy that. i wouldnt recommend this to any of my friends and would give it a 6/10

Apple martini - A decent flavor, ive smoked it on several occasions to change up the mood of common flavors i use, but it has never scream out to me as a flavor of the moment. It smells very good however and smells like an apple lollipop, the taste isnt nearly as good as the flavor but it wasnt horrible, I didnt get very thick clouds from this shisha either so it was a bit of a turn off, overall i would give it a 7/10

Ace of Spades - this is a very very yummy shisha, it was introduced to me by a very good friend of mine and i trusted her opinion and picked up a large jar, without a doubt i am pleased with it. Its a chocolate mint flavor and smells/tastes exactly like a girlscout mint chocolate cookie, it has more of a chocolate taste however and i have mixed it with spearmint to up the minty flavor, it mixed quite well and produces thick clouds, id recommend this to anyone wanting to steer away from fruity flavors for a while overall id give this an 8.5/10

Cotton candy - Im going to start by saying this doesnt smell like cotton candy at all to me, it smells delicious however and kinda makes my jaw tingle every time i smell it. With that being said, it tastes very good as well and i would even go as far as saying it tastes how it smells, though not as strongly obviously but a very enjoyable flavor, i am running low on this flavor and plan on placing another order of it in. 7.75/10

Khaki - this is an al-waha flavor and as mentioned before i usually avoid this brand but because of its insanely cheap prices i grabbed a couple 250g jars for about 7-8 bucks each. Khaki is from what i heard is the fruit of the gods and enjoyed by the romans quite often, as far as truth to that im not sure but it is a rather good flavor, i wouldnt say it is amazing but a nice mellow chill summer flavor, it mixes well with vanilla and produces adequate clouds i would give it a 7.5/10

Pear - this flavor doesnt really taste all that much like a pear, it wasnt bad but it wasnt the flavor i was looking forward too, it produces okay clouds but i got next to no buzz or satisfying taste from it. I would give this one a 6.5/10 until i try it again and really analyze it.

Cinamon - im aware there are normally two n's in the spelling of cinnamon but this box says otherwise so i will stick to it. This is a Romman brand and it smells absolutely amazing, but before i get you too excited it tastes nothing like it smells, there is hardly even a cinnamon taste to this shisha and the clouds were less then adequate and so because it gave me a big hopefully smile and smashed my expectations into the ground and spit on them i wouldnt recommend this flavor and would rate it about a 6/10

Mango - im not entirely sure i can even rate this flavor, its again by Romman and usually im a fan of anything mango, so needless to say i was hoping for a delicious flavor shisha. As mentioned before im not sure i can rate this flavor and this is why, im not sure i even have mango, this doesnt smell or taste like mango but it is in a mango box, possibly a mis-boxed flavor perhaps not. But im sorta convinced that this might be rose and not mango, it smells like a rose however but doesnt taste like one. Sorry guys but unable to rate this one.

Chocolate mint - this is a starbuzz flavor and while the fantasia's ace of spades had more chocolate than mint this is the opposite, it has more of a minty chocolate as well as an unusually bright green color to it. It smells great but im more of a chocolate mint guy than a mint chocolate guy. So i would have to give ace of spades the upper hand on this one, though this flavor isnt bad at all and i would suggest it to someone looking for more mint. 7.5/10

Bounty - This is an al-waha brand shisha and is a coconut/chocolate flavor, it smells very coconuty and if your into coconut i would probably recommend a small box to try, i didnt hate the flavor but i didnt love it either, something i would mix with other flavors for a hint of coconut. But by itsself i would say a 6.75/10

Pina colada - This is a very yummy drink and i very much enjoy it, however as a shisha i would suggest you avoid it, it didnt taste pleasant at all and produced poor clouds and an even poorer smell. I wouldnt recommend anyone try this flavor and i would give it a 3/10

Vanilla - This in my opinion is a must have for all shisha smokers and is a starbuzz brand, it is an amazing mixer flavor as well as a stand alone, personally i love vanilla and will do full bowls of this stuff and load a second. However i have had buddies tell me that it is a bit overpowering, so if you love vanilla as much as i do stop what your doing and get some now. As a mixer it is great to most flavors i have tried including several fruity flavors i experimented with. Very thick clouds and a nice little buzz. Simply because of its diversity and practical uses i would give this shisha a 9/10

reviews to come...

Blueberry by fantasia
Incredible hulk by fantasia
Purple Haze by fantasia

and when i place my next order...

Tigers blood by Social Smoke
Baja blue by social smoke

Just waiting on my next paycheck to try these flavors but im expecting very good reviews for them.

Until then i hope you all enjoy this thread and hope to hear what you think.

Last edited by Joehookah; June 26th, 2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old June 26th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Joehookah
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Washington state smoker - looking for suggestions

Sticky for more reviews 1/2

Okay so I just loaded up a bowl of blueberry last night and again a bowl of incredable hulk which I'm doing right now. So here are my reviews, also I did a video review for the hulk shisha and its my first video review so tell me when you think. Ill post soon.

Blueberry - This flavor I tried twice on different occasions, the first time I felt really icky and ill from the shisha and figured I got a bad batch. So I tried it one more time, this time it was much better and more enjoyable, we had nice thick clouds, great taste and burned for a long time. I would probably recommend this flavor and give blueberry an 8/10

Incredable hunk - An alcoholic beverage for a taste it seems. A very good smelling shisha and I was very excited to try it. However after setting it all up I wasn't too pleased by it, I was hoping for a delicious tasting shisha and didn't get much flavor at all. Great clouds but next to no taste. Overall I would say 6.5/10

Purple haze - Let me begin by saying smells amazing, if you like a fruity flavor shisha and enjoy grape at all get this shisha I'm currently trying it right now and I'm loving it. Amazing thick clouds and the taste is as the smel is, obviously not as strong but very very good. It leaves a grape taste in my mouth which I'm rather enjoying. Fantasia did great with this shisha flavor and I will recommend it and get a couple more jars of. Overall I give this shisha an 8.75/10

Last edited by Joehookah; June 28th, 2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old June 26th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Joehookah
Hookah Newbie

Sticky for more reviews 2/2
Old June 26th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Scootertaj
Hookah Guru

Very informative!

But, you should check out this section of the forum for more formal reviews: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20
Old June 26th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Joehookah
Hookah Newbie

Yes i was originally going to post my reviews in that section but unfortunately for some reason i do not have permission to do so yet. I will probably copy and paste it as soon as this issue is solved, however i may go about doing so lol i appreciate the suggestion though
Old June 26th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Scootertaj
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joehookah View Post
Yes i was originally going to post my reviews in that section but unfortunately for some reason i do not have permission to do so yet. I will probably copy and paste it as soon as this issue is solved, however i may go about doing so lol i appreciate the suggestion though
You don't have permission?
I wasn't aware there were any restrictions on that forum.
Old June 26th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Joehookah
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootertaj View Post
You don't have permission?
I wasn't aware there were any restrictions on that forum.

Im not entirely sure why and after writing that long of a post im too lazy to go back and try and fix the issue, i get a message saying that i cant edit other peoples sticky's or that i dont have permission to post on this forum.
Old June 26th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

Probably still awaiting full membership approval from Samb. Flying_Squirrel had that same prob till she got approved. So, anyway, welcome to the community. Hope you enjoy it here. Smoke happy.

dus'
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Joehookah
Hookah Newbie

Dusty,

Any chance you know how long it took to get full approval? Im in no hurry but i would like to start filling out a bunch of reviews
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Joehookah
Hookah Newbie

Updated 3 new shisha flavors
Old June 28th, 2010, 05:55 PM
lohrja
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to lohrja Send a message via Skype™ to lohrja

It shouldn't take too long. Same thing happened with my boyfriend.

Anyway, welcome to hookahpro!

I am pretty familiar with Starbuzz and Fantasia because of the hookah lounge I go to uses those brands. I recommend Golden Layalina since it is in the same category.

I wasn't impressed with Apple Martini at all. I thought it tasted strange and not very Apple-like and just didn't like it.

I liked Ace of Spades, Purple Haze, and the Incredible Hulk (I think). I haven't had those flavors for so long. Those were flavors I first smoked.
Old June 29th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Joehookah
Hookah Newbie

lohrja i dont think ive heard of golden layalina but i will look for it next time i put a shisha order in, i too didnt enjoy apple martini and it surprises me that you enjoyed incredible hulk as well as Ace and haze, both of those are extremely rich in flavor and i felt the hulk couldnt measure up. Purhaps a bad batch? maybe ill do another bowl another time??
Old June 29th, 2010, 09:55 PM
shishagoat
Hookah Nut

Welcome to HP
Old July 3rd, 2010, 11:32 AM
Joehookah
Hookah Newbie

Anyone know the details to the washington state ban, i heard it wasnt going to effect shisha but who knows...
Old July 5th, 2010, 05:28 PM
mcbhookahmagic
Hookah Nut

You seem to really know your stuff! Great Reviews and I look forward to seeing you around the site!

Cheers
Old July 6th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Joehookah
Hookah Newbie

Thanks mcb I appreciate that. Sorry I haven't replied to the posts as quickly as id like to. Its my 21st birthday tonight so I'm preparing or it. Also my base is very similar to yours for my hookah just red and a slightly different image, same design concept though. How do you like it?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook