Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

My take on shisha/hookah lounges in London, England + reviews of a few

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 1st, 2014, 05:29 PM
fez888
Hookah Nut

Default Re: My take on shisha/hookah lounges in London, England + reviews of a few

[QUOTE=LondonShishaPro;871972]Thanks man. I completely agree about the criticizing thing, I get the same response when I start complaining with my other half! Yes very true, I have only been a handful of times but highly doubt i'll ever go back. I will have to check Lotus out, sounds like a good set-up and that they know their stuff. It's not too far a drive so I may take a trip! Do they have Tangiers flavours too?[/QUOTE]

Let me know when your planning to head down. He does stock Tangiers, usually cane mint, orange soda and if your lucky some mimon or new lemon.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 05:20 PM
LondonShishaPro
Hookah Nut

Default Re: My take on shisha/hookah lounges in London, England + reviews of a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by fez888 View Post

Let me know when your planning to head down. He does stock Tangiers, usually cane mint, orange soda and if your lucky some mimon or new lemon.
Will do! I have heard good things of lounges in the East side of London. Shame about the NW and central London ones! I may have to open my own in the near future.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 08:37 PM
wannabeee
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonShishaPro View Post
Will do! I have heard good things of lounges in the East side of London. Shame about the NW and central London ones! I may have to open my own in the near future.
apparently theres a lounge in hackney that sells tangiers... haven't been to it yet, i'll make a trip during summer!
Old June 4th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Zaorish
Hookah Enthusiast

Not bad atall. I Do kinda want to add my two cents. When you stated the middle eastern lounges don't manage heat well. To their favor/defense hookah has been in their culture for well over 4 centuries. They have built up the ultimate tolerance for shisha, therefore heat management isn't a necessity for them. I believe the Middle Eastern lounges should remain traditional and keep functioning how they are. Now I do believe modern lounges that are for those of us in the states, or our english brethren across the pond, or anyone else who has not had centuries worth of hookah in their lives should learn proper techniques and heat management to make it an easier and more enjoyable experience so that one day we all have the same tolerance for shisha and hookahs, because the more you get used to something the better it gets......I hope that makes sense.

Last edited by Zaorish; June 4th, 2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old June 5th, 2014, 08:09 AM
LondonShishaPro
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaorish View Post
Not bad atall. I Do kinda want to add my two cents. When you stated the middle eastern lounges don't manage heat well. To their favor/defense hookah has been in their culture for well over 4 centuries. They have built up the ultimate tolerance for shisha, therefore heat management isn't a necessity for them. I believe the Middle Eastern lounges should remain traditional and keep functioning how they are. Now I do believe modern lounges that are for those of us in the states, or our english brethren across the pond, or anyone else who has not had centuries worth of hookah in their lives should learn proper techniques and heat management to make it an easier and more enjoyable experience so that one day we all have the same tolerance for shisha and hookahs, because the more you get used to something the better it gets......I hope that makes sense.
Very true but what ruins it for me is the taste that leaves so quickly, as well as the harshness and lack of service (biggest downside). Either they overpack or underpack. If i wasn't paying for it i would never complain lol.
Old June 5th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Extra Mint
Hookah Nut

Ive been to Basra in Park Royal and Tiger Bay recently. Both had great atmosphere but shisha was extremly bad, and in Basra the waiters treat you like enemies and Tiger Bay is an Indian place where no one can speak english properly.

Theres also this one called Bedouins Hideaway in purley way, Croydon, AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS, its a big space they have but shisha always tastes of crap with very little smoke, theres no service and prices at crazy high.

Other than that theres this little place in Clapham South called Sequia, which has brilliant service where your treated like family however its a small place.

I recently went up north and was amazed at the shisha lounges there, Arabesque in Birmingham, Al Qaza in Mancester and Pasha in Bradford are amazing places, its like shisha heaven, i wonder why we havnt got something like that in London.
Old June 9th, 2014, 04:07 PM
mattyuk
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Mint View Post
.Other than that theres this little place in Clapham South called Sequia, which has brilliant service where your treated like family however its a small place.
Sequia is opposite Clapham south side and is super friendly great service regular coal changes great tasting and clean and well packed hookahs only down side is small and gets very busy.

the worse lounge in London is the new one at Fulham Broadway in the pub (used to be called the slug and lettuce) over priced (£28 for AF)and they use quick light coal!
Old June 9th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Tunisiano
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to Tunisiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Mint View Post
i wonder why we havnt got something like that in London.
We lack the space! The smoking ban makes it very difficult to find the right location and the cost of rent is also very expensive in London. We also lack the product. Importing the tobacco is costly too so prices of £15 are understandable as you're not just paying for the shisha but for the service, seating, heating, etc...

Palm lounge is my local shisha cafe, live about 5mins away in chiswick (not the shit hole Acton part as someone put it lol)... it's one of the better cafes i've been to in london and that's not saying much for the standards in the city but having shisha at home isn't always possible.
Flavas in Ealing Broadway is worth a visit... again, nothing special, but prices (last time I went) are decent with £10 for a shisha but just the usual AF.

If you want to go to Edgware road check out Dar Marrakesh, probably the only place worth going to there but service is awful, esp on weekends where there is a 2hr limit, so i don't go there as I don't like to be constricted by time. Mia lounge (which is closed now i believe) had the same 2hr policy and it was a rip off and had poor service so stopped going there after the 2nd time.

Another place that's ok is Eureka in Bethnal Green.

Up until now no cafes have matched the standard of shisha I have at home, but that's just something most of you probably empathise with... If you're like me most of you probably go to these cafes because your friends or gf want to go so just enjoy your time with them and try not to moan too much about how shit the shisha n service are lol
Old June 30th, 2014, 12:46 PM
as123
Hookah Newbie

Excellent post. I'm an avid Shisha smoker - have been for years. I refuse to go out for Shisha unless it's of a certain standard. In my personal opinion the only ones I would visit are - the banc in Tottenham or lotus lounge in ilford.

The banc has a really nice vibe and atmosphere good for an evening out. Nice decor and setup. Abit busy on fri and Saturdays, I'd recommend going during the week to avoid that - I like a more relaxed smoke. Flavours are good. Abit pricey but I think if you are going to be going out paying an extra couple of pounds to get a decent smoke is worth it. Not to mention the food is pretty good too! Highly recommended.

Lotus lounge is more of a casual chill with the lads. The place itself isn't great in terms of decor. Quite standard but a really top quality smoke. Tangiers bowls and lotus heads need not say more. It's close to my setup at home so I'm happy, however it has the added bonus of having tangiers flavours. So I don't mind visiting there to try those as I can't do so at home!

I avoid places like Basra and funky browns like the plague. Awful excuses for Shisha lounges. I'm from east but I don't mind venturing out for Shisha but I've found the best to be in east!
Old July 17th, 2014, 11:02 AM
neopl
Hookah Nut

I have finally gone back to this thread as I'm going to London this weekend and was thinking of maybe stopping by one of these places.... no way, not anymore. I'm going to take my KM Beast, coals, tang tobacco, bowl etc etc. all fits nicely in one backpack and have a nice session at a friends house.

Most of what I've read in this thread just sounds like anti good experience, I guess even if you manage to find a place that isn't bad in some way or other you are still being slapped with the high cost.
Old December 23rd, 2014, 03:00 PM
LondonShishaPro
Hookah Nut

Updated Everest in Honeypot Lane - severely disappointed!
Old July 28th, 2017, 07:25 AM
LondonShishaPro
Hookah Nut

Updated
Old August 26th, 2017, 05:14 PM
hookahrestrict
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonShishaPro View Post
Updated
I agree with as123. Check out The Banc. When I visited london they had very helpful staff. The hookah they used back then were Starbuzz .. I was able to smoke for an hour + without feeling any burning.
Old August 29th, 2017, 04:31 AM
liger05
Hookah Newbie

I live in SE London and we have one here in woolwich call Roots.

I have not been in a while but it's decent. AF and starbuzz is the majority of brands they sell with the added special ones like irn bru, skittles etc. It's a nice layout owned by pakistani's and they pack the bowls really well. Never had any complaints with harshness, losing flavour early etc etc.
Old September 1st, 2017, 12:56 AM
hookahrestrict
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by liger05 View Post
I live in SE London and we have one here in woolwich call Roots.

I have not been in a while but it's decent. AF and starbuzz is the majority of brands they sell with the added special ones like irn bru, skittles etc. It's a nice layout owned by pakistani's and they pack the bowls really well. Never had any complaints with harshness, losing flavour early etc etc.
nice will be sure to check it out when I visit London again! Love irn bru
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook