xvideo24.net
Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Other Stuff - Not Specifically Hookah Related > General Yada-Yada

General Yada-Yada For discussion not related to hookah specifically ...

sleep

General Yada-Yada

Reply Share

Old October 12th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Pbpredator
Hookah Nut

Default sleep

So lately i have really been having problems sleeping anyone know any sleep remedies or anything of the sorts? i gotta start getting more sleep...
Old October 12th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Dr. Atkins
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: sleep

-Cut out computer and TV use before bed. Exposing your retina to light will suppress melatonin production, making it difficult to get to sleep. The moving images on television/computers (just the refreshing of the screen for computers) will also keep your brain on high alert.

-Your bed should be for sleeping only. Don't study there, or do anything else not associated with sleeptime (unless it's sex).

-Get some exercise during the day, and get bright sunlight in the morning.

-Do something to relax before bed. This might be reading, folding laundry, drinking a cup of tea, etc.

-Consider supplementation if the above doesn't work. In order of what to try, taurine, theanine, valerian, melatonin, tryptophan.
Old October 12th, 2007, 06:51 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

All good sugestions. I know the Valerian and Melation do work, but so will a warm cup of tea or hot coco, although stay away from solid food. Also stayin away from anything you consider "exicting" helps - that means no Law-n-Order, video games, sports, ect.... well, unless it's sex, just before your "down" time - that helps. You'd be surprised how often you'll let things run right up to the "bedtime" and give yourself no wind-down time.

Good luck Pbpredator.
Old October 12th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Valerian smells like dookie! But yes it will work, but we tend to drink some chamomile tea before bed, mixed with some roobios and lemon. Tastes a lot better!

Melatonin shouldn't be used by people under 40 and it can really mess with your natural production of Melatonin.

If it is really that bad, you could talk to your doctor and about Ambien.

The tea above works great for me!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 12th, 2007, 07:24 AM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

I do melatonin sporadicly for dream enhancement. Given the proper time it works like a charm. Also, peppermint tea will knock your arse to bed.
Old October 12th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Do not eat after 7pm drink warm decaffeinated tea 1 hour before bed. No TV, radio, PC in the room these distraction wont allow your body to rest. Theses are all good things, personally I find Nakhla shisha knocks me out! no lie, I smoke some Nakhla lemon or pistacchio and I am ready for bed 30 mins after I am done smoking.
Old October 12th, 2007, 04:22 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Warm milk knocks me out usually. Or Ny-Quil
Old October 13th, 2007, 04:24 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

sleeping pills, cough medicine, try sleeping in the nude...it does help as you are more relaxed but most people dont want to do this, soaking your feet in hot water for a while, mind over matter and tell yourself to go to bed and truly believe it and it will happen.
Old October 25th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Martello
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Martello

Get some whole cut valerian and some grain alcohol – the 198 ever clear if you can. If not then Devils Springs will be ok.

WARNING: this is going to stink like “DOOKY” to quote Sambooka, and it’s going to smell big style. Going to taste like it smells lol.

Soak the valerian in the grain alcohol until the liquid is as brown as the valerian. Drain it, ring out the valerian into the new jar and throw in some fresh valerian.

Drain it again and use. I’ve done it 3 or 4 times but I wouldn’t recommend it.

Drink a shot of that and thank me when you wake up.
Old October 25th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

That definitely sounds like it would work! Don't forget the cloths line pin ... for your nose! LOL! Cuz it definitely will smell and taste like Dookie!

I may have to make a batch of this up, for when I run outta ambien.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook