Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hmm a theory?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 18th, 2015, 10:17 PM
thekinetic
Hookah Pro

Default Hmm a theory?

The short is that I have terrible allergies with pollen and dander. Now usually this time of year they start acting up and I'm miserable, my mother and niece both have bad allergies like me and theirs are acting up. Mine are not and the only change I've made is that I started smoking hookah and vaping!

My theory is this that hookah has had some sort of therapeutic effect on my system that has caused whatever receptors that handle allergies to level out and/or not react to allergens. This would be a godsend to me because as I've stated they're usually pretty bad!

What do yall think? Anyone with previous allergies that have noticed a change?
Old April 18th, 2015, 10:23 PM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns
Default Re: Hmm a theory?

Sorry brother. Thats wishful thinking, placebo effect.... Call it what you will. What its not is valid, not scientifically, at least.
Old April 18th, 2015, 10:39 PM
One Small Voice
Sambooka Jr.

^^^^^
Old April 18th, 2015, 10:44 PM
PeteyPete
Hookah Aficionado

Contracting hookworm however has in some cases shown the ability to suppress allergic reactions. However, is only theoretical, and not accepted by the FDA. And, I'm not an M.D..
Old April 18th, 2015, 10:53 PM
thekinetic
Hookah Pro

But there is still the question as to why my allergies have not affected me in the least? Even at my uncle's house who has cats, they didn't, and I'm extremely allergic to the point I can't be in the same house as a cat. If it were something else it would be one heck of a coincidence. But no matter I hope it keeps up whatever it is.

Perhaps it is something less to do with the hookah and more with breathing through a hose and keeping my sinus passages clear. I mean I've gone over every aspect in my life that might have changed to cause this and still it is the only one. The only other possibility might be that my body has finally straightened itself out, that or I'm suffering from an illness I have yet to discover?

Well it was a theory!
Old April 18th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Mr_Stubbes
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyPete View Post
Contracting hookworm however has in some cases shown the ability to suppress allergic reactions. However, is only theoretical, and not accepted by the FDA. And, I'm not an M.D..
That sounds very unpleasant.....

As for hookah and allergies I haven't noticed any kinds of improvements personally (both actual or placebo).
Old April 19th, 2015, 05:56 AM
spedy
Hookah Nut

Theoretical, the different flavors could be like an Aroma therapy .
Old April 19th, 2015, 07:12 AM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
The short is that I have terrible allergies with pollen and dander. Now usually this time of year they start acting up and I'm miserable, my mother and niece both have bad allergies like me and theirs are acting up. Mine are not and the only change I've made is that I started smoking hookah and vaping!

My theory is this that hookah has had some sort of therapeutic effect on my system that has caused whatever receptors that handle allergies to level out and/or not react to allergens. This would be a godsend to me because as I've stated they're usually pretty bad!

same thing happened to me, see my other thread on damage prevention. My theory is the disappear of anxiety has reduced the reactivity of lungs, etc. Although my stomach line is still inflamed from bad diet, it does not react to smoking hookah at all. infact i do not cough any more unless i drank cold water.
Old April 19th, 2015, 07:53 AM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post

same thing happened to me, see my other thread on damage prevention. My theory is the disappear of anxiety has reduced the reactivity of lungs, etc. Although my stomach line is still inflamed from bad diet, it does not react to smoking hookah at all. infact i do not cough any more unless i drank cold water.
Old April 19th, 2015, 09:19 AM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns

When it comes right down to it, life is a terminal condition. Once you wrap your mind around your mortality, whats left is to make an educated choice about which things you choose to hasten your demise.

I gave up combat and jumping out of perfectly good aircraft ( as a US Marine) and police work in favor of exercising too little, eating, drinking, and smoking too much. Im pretty sure that shoefly pie and Pollock Johnnys sausage will speed me on my way more quickly than my hookah smoking, but as in all things..... Your mileage may vary.
Old April 19th, 2015, 12:14 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

If only there are research papers and historical records for lung cancer in smokers in the early of past century, I would have a lot of reservations about damage prevention.

We all have expire date and time but not necessarily depend on our mileage.

It could be just to drive in wrong road nearby a hill without good hand breaks in time.
It could be sudden natural catastrophic that will trash our car down the mountain.

Nevertheless, one must have prudent when they look at the map while they drive their car - sometimes life is just too short and one must just drive to next destination.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook