Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Not much flavor

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 21st, 2015, 01:42 AM
wthNick
Hookah Newbie

Default Not much flavor

Hello again everyone, just returning to smoking hookah after taking about a 6 month break. My new girlfriend loves to go to hookah bars, so we smoke together quite often.

My problem is, I'm not getting much flavor. I just remember there being more flavor. I've been smoking the same brands/flavors that I always have, which are: Starbuzz Safari Melon Dew/Blue Mist, Fumari Island Papaya, Al Fakher Mint, and Nakhla Double Apple. I'm only really happy with the flavor that Nakhla has been giving me (Nak has never let me down, even if I'm rusty). All the flavors I listed are brand new tins that I just bought last week.

My set up:

Hookah setup: KM single pear, KM rainbow hose/nu house (both seem to be giving very little flavor) and cold water about 1 ~ 1 1/4in above the bottom of the stem. I've also cleaned my hookah numerous times in the past 2 weeks with lemon juice and baking soda, but that hasn't helped much.

My bowl packing: I use an Egyptian bowl and a small phunnel bowl; but I mostly just use the Egyptian. It seems to be easier. I would like to get the small phunnel bowl packing down, but I guess I'll work on that later. When I pack the Egyptian, I fluff pack to just below the rim, HD foil shiny side down (extremely tight, the foil makes a nice squeak while I poke holes), about 30 thumb tack size holes (I actually use a blowgun dart, buts its just a tad bit thicker), and I usually poke all the way down, getting a few holes through the holes in the bowl.

My coals: Coconara, some sessions I use 2, some I use 3. Edged off the bowl, ash/flip/rotate every 15~20 minutes. When I use 2, it seems that I don't get much smoke and little flavor (with windcover on and off). When I use 3, I get lots of smoke, but the flavor is harsh (windcover is only really used the first 10 minutes to get the bowl started).

I can't think of anything to increase the flavor. There is very little flavor and at times it is just kind of harsh. If you have any tips, it would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by IMCarnochan; April 21st, 2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old April 21st, 2015, 02:56 AM
MasterOfShisha
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Not much flavor

Did you try turning it off and on?

Nah, reading you're thread i can only think of ur hoses being outdated. they have been sitting 6 months in the dust and they're non washable right?

If thats not it try using 2 foil layers and 3 coconaras without a windcover
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook