Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Pro > Introductions - Forum Members

Introductions - Forum Members Come on in and Introduce yourself to the community ...

hey

Introductions - Forum Members

Reply Share

Old August 27th, 2012, 02:21 PM
ajc_91
Hookah Newbie

Default hey

Hi all, just starting to get involved in hookah. Tried it in turkey while on holiday and loved it. That much so that I bought one from a market only to realise after getting it home its not air tight and is pretty much only any good for a ornament! Looking to invest in one pretty soon and looking for tips from you lot of knowledgeable people! See ya around
Old August 27th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Meatless
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: hey

What is your budget? That will give us a better idea of which way to point you. Generally, I would advise not to start off with anything too big. There are a lot of very good hookahs on the smaller side, which are easier to set up, and clean, than their larger counterparts. But everyone has their own preferences. Give us an idea of what you would like, and we will be happy to advise you. BTW, welcome to the group.
Old August 27th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Evilcon666
Hookah Master

What's up man. Welcome to the forums. If you want to save some money, check out the supported vendors page.

Sent from inside your house using Forum Runner
Old August 27th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Swells
Artisan Manufacturer

Welcome to forums! Definately read around and take advantage of all of the information on here before you make up your mind on what you want to buy.
Old August 27th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Meatless
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swells View Post
Welcome to forums! Definately read around and take advantage of all of the information on here before you make up your mind on what you want to buy.
And before you order, post what you intend to order, and let us evaluate it. We'll do what we can to make sure that you are happy with what you get, and at a fair price.
Old August 28th, 2012, 12:07 PM
ajc_91
Hookah Newbie

Cheers for the warm welcome! Budget is anything up to 80 really! I have my eye on a KM after spending the majority of last night reading through the forums, but wouldnt mind a nice mya either. As a personal preference I want a tall pipe around 30 inches even though it may be a pain to handle I figured it will be a labour of love! Oh and love the sound of a vortex bowl! Anyone spy any deals out there let me know!
Old August 28th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Meatless
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc_91 View Post
Cheers for the warm welcome! Budget is anything up to 80 really! I have my eye on a KM after spending the majority of last night reading through the forums, but wouldnt mind a nice mya either. As a personal preference I want a tall pipe around 30 inches even though it may be a pain to handle I figured it will be a labour of love! Oh and love the sound of a vortex bowl! Anyone spy any deals out there let me know!
KMs are nice. They all smoke pretty much the same, so pick the one that appeals to you, and you'll be good. You might look at the Magdy Zidans. Cheaper than KMs, but smoke just a well. Look at their professional series too. Farida make some beautiful ones too, and also smoke great. As for the Vortex bowl, just be careful. There are some good ones, and some poorly made ones (where the holes on the spire are too low down in the bowl). Personally, I think the Sahara Smoke vortex is the one to get. Someone else may chime in with another, but that's the one I'd get.
Old August 28th, 2012, 04:23 PM
ajc_91
Hookah Newbie

Cheers for the advice got a order for evaluation if you wouldn't mind casting your eyes on it and giving some feedback that would be great
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook