Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Pro > Introductions - Forum Members

Introductions - Forum Members Come on in and Introduce yourself to the community ...

Hookah help

Introductions - Forum Members

Reply Share

Old August 29th, 2012, 09:59 PM
good0nedrew
Hookah Newbie

Default Hookah help

So I've had my basic hookah that is a two hose for about a year now and I want to upgrade because it doesn't taste as great as it used to and it's just getting old. So.... SUGGESTIONS!

I was thinking that I want a one hose that will last me awhile and that will smoke fantastically. I am on a budget of 120 MAX! I was thinking about a caravan, but wasn't sure. And I was planning to buy a nammor hose, so that will be deducted from my buying range. And you can give me links or be as specific as you want. Lemme know if I should put a hookah together with all the different parts or buy one whole. I am pretty educated with most hookah stuff so you can tell me exact parts and stuff.

Thank you, and happy smoking!
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Meatless
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Hookah help

What size are you looking for?
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:04 PM
good0nedrew
Hookah Newbie

Nothing in particular, but nothing TOO small. It has to be a decent size.
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Gavin53
Hookah Pro

As for the nammor hose I will go ahead and say that their quality has gone downhill as of late. I would suggest a social smoke pro lounge hose, but I have heard that noggin hoses are excellent if you like the way the nammor looks.
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:07 PM
good0nedrew
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for the suggestions, but I was mainly looking for a hookah. And I'll keep in mind about those hoses. appreciate it!
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Meatless
Hookah Aficionado

My first was a KM, which is a bit over your budget, and recently got a Magdy Zidan, which I absolutely love, from SocialSmoke.com. The MZ is very well made, smokes every bit as good as my KM, and much cheaper. You could easily get one of their basic rigs, or one of their professional series. Also from Social Smoke, you could get their Social Smoke Pro Lounge hose, which I like a little more than the Nammor hose, and it's slightly cheaper than Nammor.
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:18 PM
good0nedrew
Hookah Newbie

Wow, I love hookahpro members! They are so educated about hookah this is my favorite forum website for hookah no doubt! I really appreciate it with all the help you gave me! I'll let you know if i buy it and how I like it! Thanks a ton!

Old August 29th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Meatless
Hookah Aficionado

Glad to help.
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:34 PM
good0nedrew
Hookah Newbie

One more thing! For the social smoke MZ does it come with cleaning supplies? Like base cleaner and stem cleaner?
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Meatless
Hookah Aficionado

No, but to be honest, you're much better off getting a gun cleaning brushes. The ones available through any one of the hookah vendors are pretty much crap.
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:53 PM
good0nedrew
Hookah Newbie

I'm kinda fixed on this hookah, what's your opinion?

http://www.socialsmoke.com/Magdy-Zid...-Hose-Hookah-i
Old August 29th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Meatless
Hookah Aficionado

Looks like a winner. One thing, I'm not wild about the bowl choices. This seems to be across the board with the MZs at Social smoke. Since you get one with the purchase, I'd go with the Hemi bowl. At least it's made of clay, ceramic basically sucks. You'll want to get a better bowl, but from a different vendor. I'd get a clay Egyptian for drier tobaccos like Nakhla, and a Vortex for the wetter stuff. You can get them both at Hookah-Shisha,
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-6311-...okah-bowl.html
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-7860-...okah-bowl.html

Eventually, you also want a nice funnel bowl, either a Tangiers, or a Crown. They are a bit more pricey, but worth it.

Lastly, don't forget to take advantage of the HookahPro discount codes when ordering.
Old August 29th, 2012, 11:31 PM
good0nedrew
Hookah Newbie

I am thinking about just buying the tangiers phunnel bowl. Just because I know it will last me a long time. I already have a vortex bowl that has done me wonders, so I am going to upgrade to a tangiers phunnel bowl. thanks!

I personally hate the crappy bowls too. Just because of the fact you can barely pack any shisha in it. And if you pack it even a little too heavy it's harsh and ruins your smoke. So I've learned to go with the bigger and more improved bowls!

What's your typical setup for an everyday smoke? Besides your KM?
Old August 29th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Meatless
Hookah Aficionado

Depends on what I'm smoking. If it's a drier mu'assel, like Nak, or some of the blackleafs that I've been getting into like Desi Murli, then I usually fluffy pack into an Egy bowl. For AF, Nak Mizo, Tangiers, I use my Crown Micro Funnel, light to medium dense. I'm usually the only one on the pipe, and I usually do only one round of coals (right now I'm using Exotica finger coals), so I try not to pack too much in the bowl so as not to waste. Typically start with two coals, and a windcover which comes on and off as needed. The Desi, I find needs more heat, so three coals with it. I have three SS Pro Lounge hoses, so I just rotate them
Old August 30th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Gebhardt92
Hookah Newbie

Hookahset has almost all of their single hose KM for under a hundred they come with pretty nice hoses and cleaning supplies here's a link

http://www.hookahset.com/1-User-Khal...okah-Dept/149/
Old August 30th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Asha
Hookah Newbie

Sorry to bump your thread but does these vendors ship to UK thanks
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook