Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

vortex bowls

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 20th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Midas97
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: vortex bowls

I personally didn't like the Vortex bowl. I picked one up from a smoke shop here for 6.99, but the vortex just didn't do it for me. I prefer the mya-saray medium sized egyptian bowls or the medium/large tangiers phunnel bowls.
Old November 20th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo0 View Post
Well I bought the vortex and after smoking from it about 15 times I just cant seem to get ANY flavour out of it. So ive reverted back to using my egyptian until my small tangiers phunnel comes in
The bowl doesn't give flavor .. the tobacco and heat management does. Sorry, but I would say this is more user error than product error.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:16 AM
mo0
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
The bowl doesn't give flavor .. the tobacco and heat management does. Sorry, but I would say this is more user error than product error.
I get really good flavour from my egyptian bowl, im probably packing the vortex wrong then. Any tips? using AF tobacco, a KM hookah and AF nat coals
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Mfoehrkolb
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via AIM to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Yahoo to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Skype™ to Mfoehrkolb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisicool View Post
pixelz and I own two vortex bowls. It's a great bowl for a medium length smoking session. Has great flavor, but I find that it tends to waste a bit of shisha tobacco. If they offered the vortex in a smaller size I'd be more inclined to use it more often; However, I do prefer to the small chinese phunnel I had.
--- Have you ever thought of modding the genie vortex? I like 30-45 min sessions and a few times a day... I just sourced a MINI funnel (Eff the PH) that holds probably like 16gmax. Genie should be something close in bowl size but needs modding to fit on the stem.

Quote:
--- For some reason... i can't get enough of your video reviews... It's either you... or your voice... Me just being honest...
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo0 View Post
I get really good flavour from my egyptian bowl, im probably packing the vortex wrong then. Any tips? using AF tobacco, a KM hookah and AF nat coals
Just lightly put some tobacco in .. so it is about as high as the rim. Then gently use your fingers to lightly pack it down till it is about 1/8" below the rim.

Get your coals RED HOT! Naturals are the best! .. then let them cool down a little so they ash over a nice consistent gray color.

Put on your bowl, throw a wind cover on and let it just SIT there for 4 minutes without smoking! then try it ... you should notice a big difference!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:22 PM
mo0
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Just lightly put some tobacco in .. so it is about as high as the rim. Then gently use your fingers to lightly pack it down till it is about 1/8" below the rim.

Get your coals RED HOT! Naturals are the best! .. then let them cool down a little so they ash over a nice consistent gray color.

Put on your bowl, throw a wind cover on and let it just SIT there for 4 minutes without smoking! then try it ... you should notice a big difference!
Below the rim? or below the holes?
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Buy one! Buy one now!! This was the greatest investment I have ever made for my hookah. Well next to my narbish. lol
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:45 PM
uk_shisha_king
Hookah Nut

Im getting one on tuesday from John which I got through a fellow HP member because iv seen that sambooka rates them highly so I wanted to try it out.

If Sam says there good then they must be. I have heard that there are cleaning issues so once you've had your smoke you have to clean it staright away before any tabacco gets stuck in the little holes but I should be worth it!
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:49 PM
bikeAholiC
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to bikeAholiC

I absolutely loved my Vortex bowl, until I broke it while cleaning it. However, I had that bowl for easily over a year.

It does tend to use up a lot of shisha, but you've really got to use trial and error. And I ended up doing everything that Sambooka is talking about and after that, I had the best smoking sessions ever AND the longest.
Old November 21st, 2009, 02:46 AM
ngraz617
Hookah Nut

It's a must have bowl for every hookah smoker
Old November 21st, 2009, 03:16 AM
hoodibaba09
Hookah Newbie

get the dam thing already if you havent
Old November 21st, 2009, 03:19 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
I agree, but I have to say that there are some bowl that will give more flavor imo. Any bowl where the air flow is pulled through the shisha and then into the hookah will generally give me more flavor. Bowls like tangiers phunnel's for example do produce slight (almost un noticable) less flavor
Old November 21st, 2009, 02:17 PM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

yeah i have heard alot of people breaking them as they clean
Old March 10th, 2017, 11:04 AM
hooka_dawg
Hookah Newbie

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could tell me please, if there is some sort of an adapter or a connector that I could buy to use phunnel/vortex bowls on my Mya hookah as I can't seem to be able to use only Mya bowls for my hookah, because it doesn't have a male connector. Any suggestion will be much appreciated! Thanks!
Old March 10th, 2017, 11:16 AM
stabbins
Hookah Enthusiast

if you need a male to female bowl adapter they make those. If the bowl openign is just too big for the stem use a mod grommet or double up a couple grommets, or use damp paper towel. I still use my mya qt every once in a while, I either use 2 egyptian style grommets stacked or a egyptian on the bowl weiner (nickel payed) with a silicone mya style in the bowl.
here is a adapter listen on 5 star

http://5starhookah.com/product.sc?productId=1560

Last edited by stabbins; March 10th, 2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old March 10th, 2017, 11:34 AM
hooka_dawg
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabbins View Post
if you need a male to female bowl adapter they make those. If the bowl openign is just too big for the stem use a mod grommet or double up a couple grommets, or use damp paper towel. I still use my mya qt every once in a while, I either use 2 egyptian style grommets stacked or a egyptian on the bowl weiner (nickel payed) with a silicone mya style in the bowl.
Thank you for your prompt reply! Do you know which websites carry them?
Old March 10th, 2017, 12:03 PM
stabbins
Hookah Enthusiast

is this what you need??

https://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-1778...l-adapter.html
Old March 10th, 2017, 12:11 PM
hooka_dawg
Hookah Newbie

Perfect thanks! However my hookah stem the female part is not threaded hope it will work.
Old March 10th, 2017, 01:54 PM
stabbins
Hookah Enthusiast

you can call them or check the 5 star link I put in my first post
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook