Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

New to hookah Need some help

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 6th, 2017, 12:54 AM
CrazyRookie
Hookah Newbie

Smile New to hookah Need some help

I just started smoking hookah and went bought my own set it small not big. I got a little problem when smoking
Me and my friends were smoking for first couple hits it then after while we start choking each time we try to hit it? It is the coals I use? I use the easy light up coal and I use the thin foils. First time I try I poke couple big holes then I try it again wit alot of tiny holes but still the same it like we cant even inhaled it. It know this is really newbie question but really appreciate for the help thanks.
Old March 6th, 2017, 08:02 AM
Abstheguy
Hookah Nut

Default Re: New to hookah Need some help

Get a stoneware phunnel or egyptian clay sprinkle the tobacco to the rim pat down lightly so the tobacco is just under the rim and use double foil also only use coconut charcoal this packing method will work with most tobacco but some require a dense pack depends what tobacco/brand you are using also make sure you have the right water level

Last edited by Abstheguy; March 6th, 2017 at 08:05 AM.
Old March 6th, 2017, 09:39 AM
stabbins
Hookah Enthusiast

in addition make sure your coals are fully lit, and get a wind cover if you dont have one. Once your coals are lit and on the bowl give them a rotation after a minute, then let them warm the bowl for 4-5 minutes before smoking.
Old March 6th, 2017, 11:27 AM
CrazyRookie
Hookah Newbie

Thanks guys I will it, I also search around the forum some people had the same problem, they say easily fix just blow under the bowl and purge. Does it work if I use quick light coals? Or it had to be none quick light. I like to taste the flavors and thick smoke but not harsh smoke. Thanks
Old March 6th, 2017, 12:15 PM
stabbins
Hookah Enthusiast

blowing under the bowl is to clear out the tobacco from the air holes after packing. Blowing through the hose to purge the smoke out of the purge valve will help if you get burning. Once you get your heat management down you will hardly ever need to do that. post a pic of your setup if you can.
Old March 6th, 2017, 12:26 PM
CrazyRookie
Hookah Newbie

Ok I will take picture when my next smoking thanks for the help
Old March 6th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Abstheguy
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRookie View Post
Thanks guys I will it, I also search around the forum some people had the same problem, they say easily fix just blow under the bowl and purge. Does it work if I use quick light coals? Or it had to be none quick light. I like to taste the flavors and thick smoke but not harsh smoke. Thanks
I can't say that quicklights are worth using at all they ruin the taste of the tobacco coconut coals are the way to go
Old March 13th, 2017, 06:27 PM
One Small Voice
Sambooka Jr.

The quick-light coals are not the problem, but they are a problem. Switch to natural coconut coals and make sure they're fully lit, as Stabby said. Fully lit means that the entire coal is glowing cherry red, and a light coat of ash is forming on the outside of the coals.

You're scorching your tobacco. Make sure you're rotating your coals properly, and if you're getting too much heat, take the wind cover off.

Take some pics of how you're setting up and we'll be able to help you from there.
Share with your friends on facebook