Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nicotine perecentage

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 13th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Sexykoukoubagia
Hookah Newbie

Default Nicotine perecentage

So guys, sorry for not researching this more but i could not find something serious... so when we say that nakhla has 0.5% nicotine or al fakher has 0.05% etc in how many grams we mean?
Old March 13th, 2017, 10:46 PM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns
Default Re: Nicotine perecentage

It means its either 1/2 of one percent of the total mass in the case of Nakhla or 5/100th
( 1/20th) of the total mass in the case of AF.

So..... for example, 1% of 250 g is 2.5 g of nicotine by volume. 1/2 of that is 1.25 g of nicotine per 250g of Nakhla

You can see how the math works out for 250g of AF.

This is assuming the percentages advertised are accurate. Also thats the total amount of nicotine presumed to be in the unsmoked tobacco, not the amount that makes it into your bloodstream.

I read a curiously provocative study ( the link escapes me at the moment) that was conducted comparing the amount of nicotine that was present in the bloodstream of hookah smokers post session. The results (which ive not seen repeated) suggested that washed and unwashed ( .5 vs .05) tobaccos while supposedly containing differing levels of nicotine in bulk, had the same levels of nicotine make it to the blood stream of the study participants after a session:

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old March 13th, 2017, 10:59 PM
Sexykoukoubagia
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnclynatns View Post
It means its either 1/2 of one percent of the total mass in the case of Nakhla or 5/100th
( 1/20th) of the total mass in the case of AF.

So..... for example, 1% of 250 g is 2.5 g of nicotine by volume. 1/2 of that is 1.25 g of nicotine per 250g of Nakhla

You can see how the math works out for 250g of AF.

This is assuming the percentages advertised are accurate. Also thats the total amount of nicotine presumed to be in the unsmoked tobacco, not the amount that makes it into your bloodstream.

I read a curiously provocative study ( the link escapes me at the moment) that was conducted comparing the amount of nicotine that was present in the bloodstream of hookah smokers post session. The results (which ive not seen repeated) suggested that washed and unwashed ( .5 vs .05) tobaccos while supposedly containing differing levels of nicotine in bulk, had the same levels of nicotine make it to the blood stream of the study participants after a session:
Thanks for the explanation...,, i hate most studies about hookah and not because of their content but because most should not even be considered studies by definition, they lack research testings and almost everything.... I think the one you are talking about seems a little better since they took into account washed and unwashed tobacco but i guess they stil miss the explanation... How could this be? Its like saying drinking a beverage with 5 % alcohol gets you the same alch inside you as 10% UNLESS we understand wrong the percentage....
Old March 13th, 2017, 11:18 PM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexykoukoubagia View Post
Thanks for the explanation...,, i hate most studies about hookah and not because of their content but because most should not even be considered studies by definition, they lack research testings and almost everything.... I think the one you are talking about seems a little better since they took into account washed and unwashed tobacco but i guess they stil miss the explanation... How could this be? Its like saying drinking a beverage with 5 % alcohol gets you the same alch inside you as 10% UNLESS we understand wrong the percentage....
^^^
The supposed explanation is that smoking hookah is inefficient as a nicotine delivery system and that despite the amts of nicotine present in the unsmoked tobaccos, only a finite amt is able to be " released" into the blood stream.

As i said, provocative, Not definitive.

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old March 15th, 2017, 05:06 AM
spedy
Hookah Nut

I cant believe that study, because off how a bowl off blackleaf, like zaghoul or salloum is able to get you smashed....

I think i have tolerance, im smoking alot tobacco, im seriously addicted, but i had to sleep sometimes with blackleaf

Last edited by spedy; March 16th, 2017 at 02:53 PM.
Old March 15th, 2017, 06:37 AM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

everyone has different tolerances. Some report a similar experience with Al Fakher. I personally dont usually get a buzz from black leaf or any other tobacco for that matter.

Also as with any study, caution should be exercised when drawing conclusions. Always confounding factors to be addressed by further study. For instance, it may be that the percentages on the packaging arent accurate. Until recently, there wasnt any real oversight ensuring that those nicotine percentage claims were accurate.

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old March 15th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Abstheguy
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnclynatns View Post
everyone has different tolerances. Some report a similar experience with Al Fakher. I personally dont usually get a buzz from black leaf or any other tobacco for that matter.

Also as with any study, caution should be exercised when drawing conclusions. Always confounding factors to be addressed by further study. For instance, it may be that the percentages on the packaging arent accurate. Until recently, there wasnt any real oversight ensuring that those nicotine percentage claims were accurate.
Used go get a buzz from al fakher double apple or watermelon only when started hookah though
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook