Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Pro > Introductions - Forum Members

Introductions - Forum Members Come on in and Introduce yourself to the community ...

About to pop my hookah cherry.

Introductions - Forum Members

Reply Share

Old June 24th, 2010, 07:00 PM
om3rta
Hookah Nut

Default About to pop my hookah cherry.

What's up guys? I've been a hookah admirer for a very long time, but have never actually smoked a hookah. [i] have never touched a hookah.

I got really interested a few days ago after I had woken up from a dream where I was in a hookah store looking at all the sweet stuff on the shelves. That sounds sort of lame, but I'm for serious. I'm not big on dreams, or meanings of dreams, but this one stuck with me after I woke up and was laying around in bed. I got up and did some hookah research, looked around online at different hookah stores, watched a bunch of shisha and hookah reviews on youtube and eventually ended up buying a hookah and some tobacco online.

I've been super excited the last 4 days waiting for my stuff to arrive (ordered from hookah-shisha). Finally got here while I was out at work today. I figured I would stop in and announce that I'll be popping my hookah cherry in just a few. Don't have time between when I get home and when I have to run across town to pick the girlfriend up from work.

It shall happen though, and happen soon. I hope I like it (I'm sure I will ) and hope to get along and have some fun learning more about hookah with all you guys and girls.

Last edited by KoRnKitten; June 30th, 2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old June 24th, 2010, 07:05 PM
trytis
Hookah Nut

Default Re: About to pop my hookah cherry.

Make sure to read the posts on how to manage the heat. I made the mistake my first time and thought that all i need was a coal on top. boy my lungs hated me for the rest of the day.
Old June 24th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

Welcome and as stated above, definately check out the how to reviews. There's tons of info thats been put there for just this situation. Check out the forum and visit the chat. Stay active. Smoke happy.

dus'
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Madman039
Hookah Newbie

haha just got my first hookah today as well, from hookahtown, dont recomend it. Hope you have a good time man
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Madman039
Hookah Newbie

by dont recommend it, i mean hookahtown, i love hookah and the whole hookah community, really helpful here on hookah pro, good smoking
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:21 PM
om3rta
Hookah Nut

Thanks guys! I made sure to check out heat management before I lit my coals.

Like I said, got all my stuff from Hookah-Shisha. Heard lots of good reviews on them, and they lived up to it. Got everything decently fast, and got a few good extras. I'm planning to give the free mini Mya I got as a gift.

First bowl was good times. Didn't quite light my coconaras right the first time. Had to take them back to the burner after a few minutes. First smoke was Romman strawberry out of my Mya single hose. Tasty stuff. Definitely gonna need to find some hookah friends in my area. One bowl is a bit much for just me.
Old June 25th, 2010, 12:04 AM
lohrja
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to lohrja Send a message via Skype™ to lohrja

Welcome to hookahpro!

I am glad you enjoyed your first hookah experience. It does take awhile to get used to. I had problems with my first time setting up a hookah and had helpful friends there to give me great advice.

Romman is a great choice for shisha. Summer Crisp is really great in my opinion. I never had the strawberry but will take your word on that it was tasty.
Old June 25th, 2010, 05:41 PM
me123
Hookah Newbie

YAY!!!! congrats on losing your hookah virginity!!!
Old June 25th, 2010, 06:32 PM
om3rta
Hookah Nut

The strawberry was good, though the flavor wasn't very strong. If you've ever had Haribo Strawberry Gummies you'll know what Romman Strawberry smells and tastes like.

And thanks for the welcoming comments!
Old June 25th, 2010, 07:08 PM
trytis
Hookah Nut

Glad you enjoyed it om3rta. Ive had the AF strawberry. Its very nice but not as strong as you would think.
Old June 27th, 2010, 04:34 PM
om3rta
Hookah Nut

I haven't had a really "strong" flavor yet. I'm heading out to a local hookah shop later today to see if I can't pick up a bunch of samples.
Old June 27th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Joehookah
Hookah Newbie

If you want strong flavors try a peach, sweet red melon by fantasia, social smoke tigers blood I hear is amazing as well though I've yet to try it but great reviews all around. I just tried blueberry fantasia and it had a very strong taste if you look in the intro forums and find my post I did a review of about a dozen shishas you could give a try. Enjoy and happy smoking.
Old June 27th, 2010, 04:50 PM
GRANDPA
Hookah Nut

have fun. good luck and way to join a great forum to learn tricks of the trade from!
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:04 AM
om3rta
Hookah Nut

Thanks again for all the welcome messages! I risked life and limb to get over to the only hookah shop I know of in town and it was closed. Bah! I'm not really able to order anything until I get paid on friday, but I can afford to pick up a few 50g packs. I'm interested to try some of the non-fruity flavors, or if I do pick up a fruity flavor it will probably be berry or something with mint.
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Joehookah
Hookah Newbie

Spearmint is a great none fruity flavor and is commonly called bubble gum as well. What brand of shisha do you prefer or have available to you at your local store?
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:24 AM
Joehookah
Hookah Newbie

Also as a general rule I follow any flavor named after an alcoholic beverage is a gamble. I've noticed several drink flavored shishas and didn't like a majority of them. I assume its because of the complex taste they are trying to match. Any others on HP notice this?
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:17 PM
om3rta
Hookah Nut

Well I stopped at the local hookah store (Smoka Hookah in Ann Arbor) and decided to try some SB because that seems to be a popular brand. Got Citrus Mist and Flower Power. Randomly decided on Citrus Mist for the first try. It is a pretty strong flavor. Not too bad either. The shop didn't have many brands I've heard of. Only other one was Havana.
Old June 29th, 2010, 01:40 AM
shishagoat
Hookah Nut

hahaha Hookah cherry welcome man
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook