Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

My next hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 5th, 2011, 03:05 PM
hoosierhedhuntr
Hookah Nut

Default My next hookah

I have only been smoking a hookah for a few months, but, I am hooked! I started off with an EBAY Chinese model, which I now know was a waste of money. Thanks to the help from forum members, I elevated my enjoyment by purchasing a 32" KM Tri-Metal from Hookahset. I am now considering getting another. I am torn between getting another KM that is significantly different in style and color, or trying a Syrian Hookah. I am open to your suggestions on specific models and would also welcome an education on the differences between Egyptian and Syrian hookahs in terms of quality and smoking experience. I also don't want to break the bank. Thanks for any help.
Old October 5th, 2011, 03:09 PM
ajs425
Hookah Master

Default Re: My next hookah

You could get the Al Fakher large solid its Syrian but works like an Egyptian in terms of bowls and purges and it looks pretty goddamn gorgeous.

http://www.alfakheronline.com/AF_Large_Solid_Hookah.htm

I am the true hookah troll, fear me or love me, you cannot hide from the troll he will find you... and make you rage.
Setup, KM Green Pear 36", Small Tangier's Phunnel, KM Rainbow and Nammor Hoses
Old October 5th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Photog1
Hookah Nut

They are sold out aren't they?
Old October 5th, 2011, 03:16 PM
hoosierhedhuntr
Hookah Nut

Wow! that's magnificent.
Old October 5th, 2011, 03:35 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

since you have a 32 KM tri...No other KM or egyptian will offer you a much different smoking expeiance. I recomend something like this small-medium sized syrian http://www.hookahcompany.com/ishtar_..._5826_prd1.htm
which IMO is very ideal for smoking black moassels like moassel salloum or AF soft black. and a different smoking experiance then a large egytpian KM.and has a HP discount code

theres also good small mya's like the QT or the hobonargile http://hobohookah.com/hobohookah-4363-prd1.php

that would give you different levels of portability

best thing to do to experiance different smoking experiance is to try many traditional type tobacco's ,salloum,nakhla,ayam zaman,afzal,desi murli,Al fakher soft black,moassel salloum,zaghloul,khan el khalili

Last edited by twoapplesplease; October 5th, 2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old October 5th, 2011, 03:37 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

doublepost
Old October 10th, 2011, 10:40 AM
hoosierhedhuntr
Hookah Nut

I like the idea of the Mya QT. Members of this forum seem to really like the Mya even though it is a Chinese made hookah. Does it hold up well? A lot of the comments I have read on Chinese hookahs is that they rust out quickly. One last question on the QT. Most sites list them as 14". On the Hookahset site, it is shown as a 13" hookah. Are there different kinds of QTs? I would prefer to order from Hookahset as I have a few other things in my cart and could save a few bucks on shipping. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by hoosierhedhuntr; October 10th, 2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old October 10th, 2011, 02:55 PM
TheNewCultKingX
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierhedhuntr View Post
I like the idea of the Mya QT. Members of this forum seem to really like the Mya even though it is a Chinese made hookah. Does it hold up well? A lot of the comments I have read on Chinese hookahs is that they rust out quickly. One last question on the QT. Most sites list them as 14". On the Hookahset site, it is shown as a 13" hookah. Are there different kinds of QTs? I would prefer to order from Hookahset as I have a few other things in my cart and could save a few bucks on shipping. Thanks for your help.
No, they are all the same, just different websites sometimes put different heights. Myas may be Chinese, but they are completely different animal compared to any other Chinese hookah you will get. They are high quality machined. If you take care of them, they should not rust out. The only downside to myas can be the price for some of the larger ones, and the fact that they use a common chamber instead of a traditional chamber like a Egyptian.
Old October 10th, 2011, 02:58 PM
chicagohookah
Hookah Nut

the hookahset QT that is labeled at 13" is a little different. I think its the econo line one that's why. I would recommend buying it from else where (based on personal experience of this specific purchase from this vendor) because the QT and the econo QT are two different things, so when I had already received the wrong hookah and then returned for a QT and got that econo already a month went by of back n fourth. So i just ended up selling it off to some kid and buying the legit QT from a local vendor for $32.

I also have a syrian large hookah which smokes like a beast. I would jus recommend getting a different hose for it though.
Old October 10th, 2011, 05:01 PM
ajs425
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog1 View Post
They are sold out aren't they?
The larges aren't.

I am the true hookah troll, fear me or love me, you cannot hide from the troll he will find you... and make you rage.
Setup, KM Green Pear 36", Small Tangier's Phunnel, KM Rainbow and Nammor Hoses

Last edited by ajs425; October 10th, 2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: GRAMMAR NAZI
Old October 10th, 2011, 09:55 PM
seanmcd91
Hookah Nut

My mya qt, the stem goes hollow in the center, and iv'e found mold and oxidation inside there and it smells funny. Other than that its great. Smokes like a champ. a pumpkin is like trying to suck through a straw with a piece lodged in the hose
Old October 11th, 2011, 02:03 AM
momentum
Hookah Nut

After I got a couple KM's and a mya vortex, i got a Mya Qt because its so tiny and has great reviews. i use it as my desktop hookah and for when I don't want to do a lot of work to set a rig up. I probably use it the most by a bit, just because of convenience. It smokes perfectly. Although, I have wanted a syrian pipe for a long time...
Old October 11th, 2011, 08:12 AM
hoosierhedhuntr
Hookah Nut

There are 2 QTs on the hookahset site; one of which, is identified as an "ECONO". Both are said to be 13". That is the source of confusion as both look the same.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook