Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Bought a new hookah, how to clean?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 10th, 2011, 10:48 PM
adoboyo
Hookah Nut

Default Bought a new hookah, how to clean?

Hello,

I've been smoking off and on for a few years with friends, but I just ordered (Saturday) my first "good" pipe. I went with a Nammor and I'm excited for it to get here this week. The other pipe I had was a cheap $20 (yeah, I know haha) one that is already rusted which I don't plan on using anymore. Of course the rust is probably from it being cheap, but I'd like to know some good cleaning and maintenance practices before my new pipe arrives.

How frequently should I clean the stem, etc..? Exactly how? My major concern is rust. I'd like to avoid all if possible and keep it clean, rust and weird smell free! What's the best way to dry the stem also? I usually clean bowls with Dawn and water, but which is the best way to clean it to get rid of smell?

Any natural cleaning method tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Old October 10th, 2011, 11:04 PM
stronzo91
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Bought a new hookah, how to clean?

Clean your pipe after each use with baking soda and vinegar or lemon juice, then rince, same with your hose and bowls. I just wipe the outside of the pipe off and leave it apart to dry and I hang the hose to dry with the mouth piece off.
Old October 10th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Use mild soap/cold water/brush to clean the vase, baking soda/hot water/stem brush to clean the downstem(works great on any lingering odors), and vinegar/hot water for your hose(half a glass at a time, swishing it around then let it drain and dry.). The best you can do to dry these items is just let them drip dry. Avoid alcohol based solutions to clean the metal parts.
Old October 10th, 2011, 11:16 PM
adoboyo
Hookah Nut

Thanks for the replies!

Is there any suggestions for drying if your water is pretty hard to avoid rust from forming?
Old October 11th, 2011, 12:54 AM
momentum
Hookah Nut

You don't have to wash your rig every time, it's kind of a preference thing. I haven't washed any of mine in over a month and i smoke two bowls a day. But since i switch between 4 hookahs evenly it's not as gross as it sounds. But still! It's time to give em a clean for me.

I used to use baking soda and do the whole jazz. Now i just rinse them out and scrub the hell out of them - seems to get the job done. For washing a hose (im assuming you got a nammor hose with your hookah) i recommend swishing water and lemon juice in it.
Old October 11th, 2011, 01:11 AM
blackleaf28
Hookah Guru

I just run hot water through my stem after every four bowls or so, and thoroughly rinse out my base with hot water after every session. I deep clean with a brush about once a month.
32" KM Trimetal. ~ 34" Temsaah Triple Wheat ~ 36" Temsaah Dual Sphere ~ Nammor Hose ~ KM leather wrapped hose ~ Tangiers Phunnel ~ Egyptian Clay Bowl ~ Crown Classic ~ Black Leaf ~ Zag ~ Khan ~ DA ~ Desi Murli
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook