Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

What was your first Hookah Purchase

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 18th, 2007, 12:16 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC
Default What was your first Hookah Purchase

I thought this would be an interesting look at evolution here. Lol.

What was everyones FIRST Hookah purchase? Who did you purchase from? What did you buy? How much did you spend?

I'll go first:
My first Hookah purchase was 24 Egyptian Hookahs to start my Business (4-5 years ago) I didnt even carry tobacco or coals. These 24 I got from a wholesaler locally. I spent like $600.00 on them, and I turned out a little over $1400.00. Overnight, HookahETC was created; which eventually led to my company now, J & R Hookahs.

Everyone else, Go!
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:24 PM
kingmaddog
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to kingmaddog Send a message via AIM to kingmaddog Send a message via MSN to kingmaddog Send a message via Yahoo to kingmaddog
Default Re: What was your first Hookah Purchase

My first hookah purchase was the anubis from saharasmoke.com. I got it on monday 9/10. I paid 49.95 and got a bunch of accessories. I like this hookah, but I'm looking to get a new one soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Anubis.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: jpg_thumb Anubis.jpg_thumb (14.6 KB, 2 views)
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:32 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Back in 2003/2004 (can't quite remember which), my BF showed great intrest in aquiring a hookah. He wanted to buy localy, but I shopped around and found some on Ebay. Purchased an old "discounted" 33" Eypgtian Hookah from a "not so popular" vendor on Ebay.

Stem was heavy, well made, but corroded and pitted. The blue glass base had paint errors. The hose was well made, but didn't match the hookah in color. Neither did the base protector. The Clay bowl was chipped and hard to fit on the stem. It came w/ very little in extras - 50g of Nakhla Double Apple, a few mouth tips, and a handful of grommets. Nothing else. Spent $28 TOTAL (that's w/ shipping included).

Smoked like a dream... ugly as hell, but worked wonerfully. Lasted till this year thru all the abuse (didn't stop to think about cleaning or even emptying the water, which could spend up to 3 weeks in the base). It was in late 2006, early 2007 that I seriously considered replacing Old E, thus leading me online to search out new vendors and such not.

In case anybody wanted to see what Old E looks like, go view the "Hookah Lamp" thread in the "How-To section"... that's what happened to my very first hookah.
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Here is a link to "Old E" as mentioned above by Sammniamii

http://www.hookahpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=415.0

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:51 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Why thank you SamBooka
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

My first was a 17" Junior suitcase 2 hose I purchased from the local tinder box for $74.99 which included 250g shisha, 1 roll of Ahkla coals. I had it for exactly 2 days and sold it to my neighbor and bought a Mya Qt.
Old September 18th, 2007, 01:12 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

It was a 16" lebanese which i bought for 25 dollars. It was not airtight at all. It didnt include any grommets or hose adaptors and came with a metal bowl. 1st time i smoked sucked but i still loved it, then i bought grommets and a claybowl and started to smoke properly.
Unfortunalty i broke the base last Easter. Now am looking for a bottle to replace it and use it a a decorator, or even make a lamp out of it like samn's
Old September 18th, 2007, 02:00 PM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

i didnt do any research or anything when i bought my first one, and i ended up buying a 32" single hose mod hookah, black base and hose. it was 100 bucks with 2 50g, 2 rolls of coal and a hard carrying case. after i replaced the vase my friend broke, the stem between the bowl and heart ended up breaking off while i was trying to assemble it one day(maybe a year later), so we just screwed the top cone thing onto the heart and put the bowl there. it worked ok. not sure how well it actually worked since i was a noob and only used the bowl screen which resulted in a lot of burnt shisha. to this day people tell me the smoke is getting harsh and i just casually pull a big cloud. i still dont remember where i ordered it from either
Old September 18th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Well, our first purchase was from a Middle Eastern restaurant, that ZVT and her two friends (hookahcouple) took me to (was my first experience with hookah). We bought a MYA QT, 100 gms of Mango, and a small box of Japanese Coals, I think our cost was $79. Well I was hooked at the restaurant and couldn't wait to get home, I did my research and payed particular attention to my friend Sid/hookahcouple listening to him intently on what I needed to do, and ended up smoking it well into the night, by candlelight .. good times! Sid and his wife Ashima went to bed early cuz they had flew in that night, so they were tired, but he taught me as much as he could before falling asleep in the car on the drive home, so that we could enjoy our brand new hookah that night!

Well, our second purchase, was from an online vendor. We bought a second hose, some Al Waha - Orange Cream, Afternine, and California Dream, and a box of Goldens. Haha, I remember I had quit smoking cigarettes so I would wait in my garage for ZVT to come home, and I would be smoking the hookah by myself, playing darts ... ahh good times! Brings a smile to my face ... I am going to do that tomorrow night I think, or Friday!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old September 18th, 2007, 02:56 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

It was a couple of years ago, but* I bought a mya 23 inch acrylic hookah from my local hookah bar. It came with everything needed to smoke except for the coals and the shisha. (Came to 40.00) It was my birthday present since i feel in love with hookah!!!

I went to nicotine and made my first shisha and coal purchase. I purchased HH and some 3 kings ql.
Was showed how to make a hookah by my friend and bam. First smoke and it smoked like a charm. That was in 2003/2004? I think. (like 25-30 bucks)

My first online experience was when my local store nicotine stopped carrying HH. (RAT BASTARDS) so i ventured out and tired other brands. I ordered from thehookah.com and they were pretty decent but I should have picked better shisha. Al Amir sucked! (I had a big 125.00 order)

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old September 18th, 2007, 03:13 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

this is turning into an awesome topic. Keep it going
Old September 18th, 2007, 03:15 PM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

i think it was a 36 inch rotator which i spent too damn much for from HS. i only had it 3 months before i got a KM to replace it haha
Old September 18th, 2007, 04:56 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

My first hookah purchase was a tub of Starbuzz and a roll of Three Kings coals...At that time I was just starting to get into hookah and I didn't have one of my own... so I would smoke out of my friends on an almost daily basis, until eventually I decided it would be better to just get my own...
Old September 18th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Samb why not do it thursday AND friday hehe
Old September 18th, 2007, 05:05 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

My first was a double hosed ivory mini hookah from HS. I wanted an auto seal hookah, and it looked like the best one for the price. I loved this little guy, it smoked great! But it got stolen by a fat pale kid who is no longer allowed to be graced by my presence.
Old September 18th, 2007, 05:14 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

mine was a cheap chinese knockoff acrylic from ebay. Thing smoked pretty bad, harsh as all hell. They claimed it was glass, but you could tell that was bs because the blue came off and the bottom of the base was clear lmao.
Old November 30th, 2011, 11:46 AM
southernpipeman
Hookah Pro

my 1st hookah was a pumpkin hookah a friend of mine runs a tobacco shop and gave it to me because the hose seal was bad in it he also gave me rosearetta watermelon and QL's coals and a screen and told me to try it so i rushed home and watched all the youtube videos but it seemed the only person who came up was sambooka so i watched all his videos and learned as much as i could then i went into my mini smoke pit and put the water where sam said and packed everthing and put the QL on top after i lit it and wated and im like COME ON HURRY GOGOGOGO lmao then i took my 1st draw from the hose i remember it being so wounderful and the flavor was amazing it wasnt like anything i have ever done so i got online and joined hookahpro and have never looked back so i would like to thank sambooka for helping me get into hookah threw your video's
Old November 30th, 2011, 11:51 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Not counting going to lounges? Bought a tiny Inhale hookah back in the winter of '06 and some Fumari, and quicklites. I've come a long way. Though Fumari is great.
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:02 PM
IMCarnochan
Romeo

In september I bought a Mya Chic from a local cigar shop, it was 70$ with an extra hose, some shisha, quicklights, and a case. I am still smoking it, albeit with better shisha and natural coals now.
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Everythingevil
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to Everythingevil

Last July I bought my first hookah a 18" Social Smoke Junior from a local shop along with 2 rolls of Three Kings 1 box of AF Vanilla and a box of 1 box of AF Watermelon. I have a much heftier 25'' SS hookah now but the 18'' still gets more use, I use it for my black leafs now. I hope to get myself a KM after christmas this year.

18" Social Smoke Junior, 25" Social Smoke Czar, 32" KM Trimetal, 34" KM World Cup.
Tangiers Horchata, DM Khus, AF Soft Black, Nak Zag/Kahn, Nak DA, Jurak.
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:32 PM
KiteEatingTree
Hookah Nut

My first hookah that I purchased was a 28" Khalil Mamoon Blue Babylon that I bought online at hookah-shisha.com. I bought it for around $130 I believe but I also got a 24" Econo Mya Thunder with it for "free".

This KM has been my go to pipe for smoking while watching movies because the end of the pipe is shaped like a bell (or coke bottle) so my diffuser hooks on like a dream.
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:52 PM
aceofspades
Hookah Nut

My first hookah was a 28" generic egyptian hookah that I bought from a guy at college. It was also the first hookah I ever smoked from.

I guess he just really, really wanted to get rid of it. He sold it for $75 and threw in almost a kilo of Nakhla.

I now have 5 hookahs, but that's the only one I've ever paid for.
Old November 30th, 2011, 03:54 PM
chrisbru
Hookah Guru

Whoa, 4 year necro...

... I bought a pumpkin or $25 for a smoke shop in Seattle. I really liked it, but it took me a good while before I got a good grip on what I was doing
Old November 30th, 2011, 04:00 PM
redwing91007
Hookah Master

My first hookah was a cheap pumpkin Goa hookah I bought in Israel. I paid the equivalent of $25 for the hookah and all it's accessories (including nice case), 3 boxes of Nak (DA, Mixed Fruit and Mint) and some cheap Israeli QLs. Now I'm using a KM setup with all different kinds of tobacco (even though I still like to stick with Nak) and Coconara's
Old November 30th, 2011, 04:49 PM
tommyt
Hookah Nut

i bought a 25 dollar chinese hookah from a place in cali.. some cigar store in the mall in vacaville.. got some fantasia, some golden ql's.. i still use it everyonce in a while.. im glad that it was actually made pretty well.. still no rust after even after almost 5 years..
Share with your friends on facebook