Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Method of Packing

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 8th, 2017, 01:01 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Default Method of Packing

So what is the science behind the methods of packing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeGiwqeIGuQ

I have noticed that when my packing is very densed I get more clouds but it does taste like coal but when I started to pack semi-dense, more fluffy, it will be clear vapor with better taste.

But regardless of what works for each person, what is the difference between the packing methods in relation to the tobacco burning process? (I am not asking how the packing method is done, I am asking about the outcome of each packing method? In your opinions, of course!

Last edited by freedomnow2015; May 8th, 2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old May 8th, 2017, 01:12 PM
mattyuk
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Method of Packing

for all brands i pack my bowl to just above the rim then tap it down so the tobacco is under the lip of the bowl tight tin foil (either way up it makes no difference) poke holes randomly all over foil, add coal wind cover and wait 5 mins before enjoying my smoke.
its not science its just hookah.
Old May 8th, 2017, 01:18 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyuk View Post
for all brands i pack my bowl to just above the rim then tap it down so the tobacco is under the lip of the bowl tight tin foil (either way up it makes no difference) poke holes randomly all over foil, add coal wind cover and wait 5 mins before enjoying my smoke.
its not science its just hookah.
But is your pack dense (solid) or loose (fluffy)? I want to know .....

I found it makes a lot of difference, I use al fakhama tobacco that seems to burn more quickly, than the other brand al ajmy and al fakhama is medium juicy tobacco. I use to make a very dense, compacted with thumb kind of pack and end up getting a nasty coal burn taste toward the mid of my session. Today, I wanted to change my packing method so I did a layer of very thin, compacted, very dense pack then sprinkled the rest of the tobacco, keeping it loose and fluffy and over-packed. I found out it does taste much smoother, and no burn or coal taste at all!

Last edited by freedomnow2015; May 8th, 2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old May 8th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Abstheguy
Hookah Nut

Its abit tricky i find if i pat it down even though i do it very lightly sometimes it still becomes too dense and half of the tobacco at the bottom is untouched so now i just sprinkle it in a little at a time to near the top so i dont have to pat it down and yes (fluff pack)
Old May 8th, 2017, 03:16 PM
mattyuk
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomnow2015 View Post
But is your pack dense (solid) or loose (fluffy)? I want to know .....

I found it makes a lot of difference, I use al fakhama tobacco that seems to burn more quickly, than the other brand al ajmy and al fakhama is medium juicy tobacco. I use to make a very dense, compacted with thumb kind of pack and end up getting a nasty coal burn taste toward the mid of my session. Today, I wanted to change my packing method so I did a layer of very thin, compacted, very dense pack then sprinkled the rest of the tobacco, keeping it loose and fluffy and over-packed. I found out it does taste much smoother, and no burn or coal taste at all!
i just chuck it in, dense i suppose.
Share with your friends on facebook