Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Makes me nauseous!!!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:57 PM
smokedsquid
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to smokedsquid Send a message via Skype™ to smokedsquid
Default Makes me nauseous!!!

I just wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem. I have several brands of shisha that make me really nauseous and it seems to be the same type flavors.

Hookah-Hookah:
Hazelnut (which I really like)
Mocha (not as good as thought it would be)
Butterscotch (ok but nothing special)

Hookah Freak:
The Dude (nothing special)

Anyone else have this problem? I've tried everything to keep me from getting nauseous but nothing works. The first time it happened I felt like I couldn't lift my arms up. Ok buzz but I don't want to throw-up for a buzz.

Help!!!
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:00 AM
gnuworldorder
Banned

Default Re: Makes me nauseous!!!

could be that it is hookahhookah or your coals aren't lit or that you have no tolerance to nicotine. try drinking water when you smoke and eating before. or even a different brand
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:22 AM
03rivers
Hookah Nut

It almost has to be your coals. You are probably getting a little CO poisoning. You shouldn't really feel any buzz from hookahhookah because it is a washed tobacco so any buzz is most likely from CO replacing oxygen in your body which is very bad
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

What kind of coals are you using?
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:56 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

buzz from hookah hookah and hookah freak? i dont think so lol... i say your coals man make sure they are lit all the way
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:52 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I get really sick from all the cinnamon's. HH included.

But as far as the other flavors, I have to say it might seem a little unlikely that it's a
buzz from the shisha, but more likely Cabon monoxide poisoning. You are a seasoned smoker so I have no real idea what could be happening other than that.

You could be allergic to a specific flavoring they use. My friend can't smoke anything that has orange flavoring in it.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old January 25th, 2010, 02:22 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Actually, I have the same effect from smoking anything HH/HF. I think its their "wild-flower" honey they use. Gives me a huge headache and makes me feel sick. I love their flavors but I cant smoke them anymore. Plus the tobacco is more like shredded paper towels soaked in glycerin. My personal thought is HH/HF is some of the worst shisha out there, not only because of my personal sickness from them but also their tobacco quality is horrible, might as well just smoke some flavored syrup with no tobacco at all.
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:10 AM
HookahWoltar
Hookah Newbie

Ok First off, HH/HF does have a buzz. The first time i ever smoked "good" shisha it was this, and made me really nauseous and gave me a huge headache. now that i am more accustom to nicotine its great, i can control my buzz/sickness by not chain hitting. before it was three hits and im out. now i can hang, smoke the whole bowl. i can still get a crazy buzz by smoking heavily, and by no means am i used to or immune to nicotine. i can begin to feel it first puff and last. i truthfully wish there was no buzz at all. so just sont take huge hits very often. maybe 1-2 hits a minutes imo.
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:12 AM
timelosthookah
Hookah Pro

Location: According to Urbandictionary,"a struggling town on the outskirts of Youngstown"OHIO
Send a message via AIM to timelosthookah

^^ i agree with Sui. HH and HF make me sick as well. i smoke atleast one bowl a day so id say im a veteran smoker and i smoke tangiers and nak so its not the nicotine. HH and HF are just not for some people.
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelosthookah View Post
^^ i agree with Sui. HH and HF make me sick as well. i smoke atleast one bowl a day so id say im a veteran smoker and i smoke tangiers and nak so its not the nicotine. HH and HF are just not for some people.
Yeah, its def not the nicotine content, I know HH/HF has a nice lil buzz to it but it is still washed tobacco. (~0.05% Nicotine)
Old January 25th, 2010, 08:57 AM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

It may just be the flavor.
If you eat something that tastes extremely disgusting to you, it'll make you nauseaus too. The same goes for hookah tobacco. Sometimes you won't even realize that your body actually finds the taste repelling.

I used to hate Nakhla Sweet Melon for the longest time because I smoked it one night when I was out camping in Germany. The night itself wasn't so bad, it was the morning that was killer. Ever since then, the Sweet Melon taste reminds me of that immense hangover I had the next morning.
I smoked a bowl of Sweet Melon last night though, and I can proudly say that the good flavor has overcome the bad memory.
Old January 25th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

In my experience no flavour by any company (other then couzzinz and king moassel) should make anyone sick. Instead I think that the problem is almost always related to the coals used so only use natural coals and make damn sure they are fully cooked before using. Other then that problems pretty much come down to how clean your rig is and how you smoke. Far too many people (most in fact) take deep inhales every few seconds which is sure way to get CO poisoning. Take it slow and shallow, and take a minute or two break every 10-20 minutes. Lastly don't smoke on an empty stomach and drink lots of anything non-alcoholic when you smoke.

Oh, I forgot to say that I have smoked all of the products mentioned by the OP and never had any issue with them.
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:32 AM
smokedsquid
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to smokedsquid Send a message via Skype™ to smokedsquid

Well maybe it was a combination of things but I know my set-up was the same as it always is...it was just strange how I could smoke anything else with no nausa...but I'm a trooper, I'll just keep smoking. I think I might have just been me smoking too much and too fast. I just love to smoke!!!
Old January 26th, 2010, 10:43 PM
J9X
Hookah Newbie

I actually got so nauseous yesterday I puked from smoking hookah. That's the first time it's ever happened to me and I've been smoking hookah for about 5 years. I mixed Al Waha '5 Star' and Starbuzz 'Exotic Stawberry Margarita'. It was wierd. Not gonna stop me from smoking again though. lol
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:26 PM
MilwaukeeHookah
Hookah Nut

I got real nauseous off my double bowl with al waha peach and al waha cherry. I couldn't even stand up and my face was burning hot. I always blamed the brand and haven't smoked it since but realized it was probably because we were in a not-so-ventilated area which was pretty humid. I think my body just couldn't take the heat.
Old May 18th, 2017, 07:24 PM
drolopez
Hookah Newbie

http://thehookahsupply.com/cure-your-hookah-sickness/ Believe it or not, this is actually pretty common. If you want to know how to truly start smoking without any of the negative effects, then I suggest you try giving this article a read. It's pretty short and has helped me tremendously.
Old May 18th, 2017, 07:40 PM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns

Youre time with us will be brief. Moderators dont fancy spam in this forum.
Good riddance.

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook