Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Should I reconsider Daily Smoking?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 1st, 2017, 12:14 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Default Should I reconsider Daily Smoking?

I have seen on you-tube that hookah show "hookah boss" where they interviewed a biologist or a doctor (I don't remember) who said that "hookah is safer than cigarette but only if used occasionally not daily".

I do understand hookah is not a healthy, and it is harmful. I am a daily hookah smoker, sometimes I do smoke 2-3 times per day (2-3 bowls) but mostly once a day (1 bowl) . Each session is usually 35-45 minutes.

I feel I only need it once or twice per week but I smoke daily for pleasure. I don't smoke things like Nakhla or Tangier etc, only regular tobacco. I tried e-cigs but I do not like it as much as hookah! That's the only thing I like to smoke.

Should I reconsider daily smoking if I am not affected by it (only temporarily after the session I feel a bit shaky from the nicotine rush)?

Recently I started to exercise and do a bit of high intensity work out without any problem. I also use SSRI without any problem due to anxiety. At times I feel chest tightness which is cured by hookah especially those flavors that have mint within them.

I feel I am the type of person, who will be killed by stress, rather than hookah . I feel my only issue is need to drink more water, to avoid a throat irritation. Soon I will buy a CO detector to make sure I do not get harmful stuffs in my lung since I smoke indoor.

Don't get wrong, I am always stress-out and feel very emotional lately; those session can be a pleasure at end of my day .

To me, once per day feels reasonable only if it is toward end of day to recharge me (if I do it at beginning day it makes me anxious), and get me motivated to do good things, like get out and exercise, instead of being a potato couch, which are important as part of my anxiety treatment.

I understand that nicotine stay in blood for three days which explains why I only need it once per week or twice per week but if we talk about using it for pleasure. What do you think if you were me?

Last edited by freedomnow2015; May 1st, 2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:20 PM
Abstheguy
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Should I reconsider Daily Smoking?

I don't understand what answers you are looking for its pretty simple hookah and any form of smoking is bad for your health and could potentially give you big problems so its just wether you dont care about that and want to keep smoking no one can make that choice for you also most of your other threads are the same as previous questions in the threads you have made before so its probably better to stick to one thread instead of keep making new ones on the same topic (excluding this one)
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:22 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstheguy View Post
I don't understand what answers you are looking for its pretty simple hookah and any form of smoking is bad for your health and could potentially give you big problems so its just wether you dont care about that and want to keep smoking no one can make that choice for you
No I have heard that people have smoked it daily without much issue/harm in the long run. I am only asking do you smoke when you feel you need it? or do you smoke sometimes for pleasure?

Without much research on the topic, my only outlet is this forum to ask for opinions!
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:26 PM
Abstheguy
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomnow2015 View Post
No I have heard that people have smoked it daily without much issue/harm in the long run. I am only asking do you smoke when you feel you need it? or do you smoke sometimes for pleasure?
Any form of smoking can mess you up people smoke cigarettes for long time without major issues but then one day it screws them there is no timeframe when something can happen it is a risk and like i said its your choice and no one can make that for you
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:29 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Any form of smoking can mess you up people smoke cigarettes for long time without major issues but then one day it screws them there is no timeframe when something can happen it is a risk and like i said its your choice and no one can make that for you
You are not answering my question. I am just trying to understand if I am alone or not. People I know only smoke few times per week, I am curious if anyone smoke daily or more than once daily, etc?

I am using exercise as a method to judge if I am being harmed by it or not. But as I say, the only thing I feel, it let me feel relax and my chest tightness goes away! I used to be one of those people who are health freaks, still I became sick alot, most and foremost due to stress! Hookah seems to help me a lot mentally.

Last edited by freedomnow2015; May 1st, 2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:34 PM
Abstheguy
Hookah Nut

Quote:
You are not answering my question. I am just trying to understand if I am alone or not. People I know only smoke few times per week, I am curious if anyone smoke daily or more than once daily, etc?

I am using exercise as a method to judge if I am being harmed by it or not. But as I say, the only thing I feel, it let me feel relax and my chest tightness goes away! I used to be one of those people who are health freaks, still I became sick alot, most and foremost due to stress!
Well on my experience i did MMA for a few years before smoking hookah which im going to quit now and i definitely felt a downside from it less stamina which is obvious it affects you badly in physical training
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:36 PM
Abstheguy
Hookah Nut

Quote:

I am using exercise as a method to judge if I am being harmed by it or not. But as I say, the only thing I feel, it let me feel relax and my chest tightness goes away! I used to be one of those people who are health freaks, still I became sick alot, most and foremost due to stress!
Well on my experience i did MMA for a few years before smoking hookah which im going to quit now and i definitely felt a downside from it less stamina which is obvious it affects you badly in physical training
and its for this reason that i will quit hookah even though i like it training is just not the same
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:41 PM
stabbins
Hookah Enthusiast

I smoke about 2-3 times a week because I enjoy it. I have never felt that I needed to smoke hookah, I'm not addicted at all. I never had a problem quitting cigarettes in the past either.
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:43 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Quote:
and its for this reason that i will quit hookah even though i like it training is just not the same
See I am not asking for medical advise. I used to be the guy who played boxing and jogged on stairs, etc and ate all that healthy non-fried, no-fat, no sugar food. I used to work out for 1.5 hours per day at the gym doing strength and cardio (medium to high intensity) but it did not benefit me mentally speaking.

I found myself slowly becoming demotivated and having intense headaches form all the crazy stress and events in my life. Then I became officially anxious/depressed, at some point I was unable to go to work at all!
The only thing that seems to help mentally (beside my medicines) go through a workout or help me mentally ease that intense headache after hard day of work is hookah. Nevertheless, my stamina level, I would say is moderate, I wanted to try MMA but it just made me more aggressive and stressful in nature. I am restless in nature, and need things to get me going.

I understand why you need to quit to increase your stamina, we are different biologically but I do not feel hookah has affected my stamina or my desire to increase my stamina. In fact, if want that headache to go away, I definitely need hookah once per day!
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:43 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabbins View Post
I smoke about 2-3 times a week because I enjoy it. I have never felt that I needed to smoke hookah, I'm not addicted at all. I never had a problem quitting cigarettes in the past either.
Cool thanks for your input. Unfortunately, I am not the same, I won't say that I am addicted either, I could quit anytime I want. Still, I feel once per day take away that headache you get toward the end of day and gets me motivated for the next day! How long does each session last?
Old May 1st, 2017, 01:05 PM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns

Quote:
Cool thanks for your input. Unfortunately, I am not the same, I won't say that I am addicted either, I could quit anytime I want. Still, I feel once per day take away that headache you get toward the end of day and gets me motivated for the next day! How long does each session last?
^^^^
Im a daily hookah smoker( often two or three bowls a day) and have been for over 25 years. i also smoke a pipe and i am a cigar enthusiast. I understand the potential risks to my health and have made an educated decision to enjoy our lady nicotine in her many guises. You'll have to make the decison thats best for you.

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old May 1st, 2017, 01:14 PM
stabbins
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
I typically smoke for about 45 min to an hour at a time.
Old May 1st, 2017, 04:27 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnclynatns View Post
^^^^
Im a daily hookah smoker( often two or three bowls a day) and have been for over 25 years. i also smoke a pipe and i am a cigar enthusiast. I understand the potential risks to my health and have made an educated decision to enjoy our lady nicotine in her many guises. You'll have to make the decison thats best for you.
I know I am making a conscious decision to smoke daily once or twice
Old May 1st, 2017, 10:42 PM
fastsss
Hookah Newbie

I dont think smoking hookah everyday is good for your health in the long run. I am now 22 years old and start smoking hookah seriously roughly 4 years ago. Yes it does affect my health because I used to play soccer, and over the time my stamina seems to decrease resulting from smoking hookah almost everyday. Nowadays I only smoke hookah like 2-3 times a week with only 1 bowl per day around an hour. My stamina seems to increase. It doesnt affect your health directly now, but who knows, in 50 years it might caused you cancer. Plus the food we are consuming, air we bteathe, it isnt as safe as before. So I would suggest you find something else to do, exercise, play games, hangout, dont stay idle cause I also like to smoke hookah when im idle or bored. Dont smoke it daily and for god sake how did you manage to smoke 2-3 bowls per day, u must be so free hahaha.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 06:35 AM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns

Free? Lol hardly. Im fortunate that i can typically smoke at both jobs as well as at home.

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:17 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastsss View Post
I dont think smoking hookah everyday is good for your health in the long run. I am now 22 years old and start smoking hookah seriously roughly 4 years ago. Yes it does affect my health because I used to play soccer, and over the time my stamina seems to decrease resulting from smoking hookah almost everyday. Nowadays I only smoke hookah like 2-3 times a week with only 1 bowl per day around an hour. My stamina seems to increase. It doesnt affect your health directly now, but who knows, in 50 years it might caused you cancer. Plus the food we are consuming, air we bteathe, it isnt as safe as before. So I would suggest you find something else to do, exercise, play games, hangout, dont stay idle cause I also like to smoke hookah when im idle or bored. Dont smoke it daily and for god sake how did you manage to smoke 2-3 bowls per day, u must be so free hahaha.
Umm - I have tried it all but honestly hookah has been a bliss for me.

I have damaged my mental heath by being a "health freak" more than anything else, sometimes a real man just got to do what you got to do to keep going.

I am mid 30s, smoked for 4 years, without much issue, most of my stamina, was lost due to anxiety/depression, or freaking/panic out while working out! honestly I found since I have started hookah that my "stamina" has increased! Everyone is different but it is good to hear people's feedback, interesting.

Last edited by freedomnow2015; May 2nd, 2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:21 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnclynatns View Post
Free? Lol hardly. Im fortunate that i can typically smoke at both jobs as well as at home.
I work and manage people, that has somehow make get on my nerves!

Sometimes I just leave my desk and go smoke hookah for 30-45 minutes, that two apples with peach or grape makes me just fine! It relaxes me and clear my mind. Obviously I need to make a lot of decisions, using my mind of course!

I do not encourage hookah obviously a lot of research out there saying it is bad (although I would say they used to say that "hard mattresses" are good for your back before they changed their mind).

I am not the type of person who trust science completely. Those science people sometimes contradict themselves but from what I heard nowadays almost half the planet smoke (regardless of their smoking method, I choose hookah based on the mind and heart).

I hope we see more research on the topic itself, instead of the non-sense things you read online, it has to be studied more with other factors considering we live in an abnormal world where everything is fast and stressful. Maybe those factors are more detrimental to our health than other things that we though are bad!

Last edited by freedomnow2015; May 2nd, 2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:34 PM
Abstheguy
Hookah Nut

Stamina cant increase by smoking lol i will say no more.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:37 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Stamina cant increase by smoking lol i will say no more.
never said that only said that was my case, hookah smoking with increased stamina, maybe I am just a special case!! I even said I do not encourage hookah based on whatever science says. Take it easy. I better go exercise after my hookah session, gonna see how I will continue to improve, despite what the science says.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:41 PM
One Small Voice
Sambooka Jr.

...or maybe you should reconsider reconsidering.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:43 PM
Abstheguy
Hookah Nut

Ignorance is bliss
Old May 2nd, 2017, 02:30 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Small Voice View Post
...or maybe you should reconsider reconsidering.
I think I will but if one day I find hookah harming my life in anyway, I will definitely take it easy or quit for a while, hopefully not for good!
Old May 2nd, 2017, 02:32 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Ignorance is bliss
You are right I am ignorant but it is a hookah forum, if you are planning to quit as you mentioned before, try curezone.org . I also used to go there for years when I wanted to increase my stamina and quality of life ! What a pain in the ass
Old May 2nd, 2017, 03:16 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

I should've mention that I have epilepsy - the kind that makes my mind race not the stuff kind, I cannot handle things like coffee or caffeine but hookah tobacco relaxes me just fine. Perhaps this is what makes me different. I have looked online some studies suggest nicotine and co are antiepilepsy but it does not change the fact that it is harmful. At least hookah is better than those illegal stuffs that works for epilepsy. Don't forget nicotine works on many neurotransmitters, it is difficult to understand the science behind its "mental" powers!

Last edited by freedomnow2015; May 2nd, 2017 at 03:28 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 05:43 AM
fastsss
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Umm - I have tried it all but honestly hookah has been a bliss for me.

I have damaged my mental heath by being a "health freak" more than anything else, sometimes a real man just got to do what you got to do to keep going.

I am mid 30s, smoked for 4 years, without much issue, most of my stamina, was lost due to anxiety/depression, or freaking/panic out while working out! honestly I found since I have started hookah that my "stamina" has increased! Everyone is different but it is good to hear people's feedback, interesting.
Well if that worked out for you then Im glad if hookah does lift up yiur spirit! Cheers.
Share with your friends on facebook