Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Mini Hookah Help?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 18th, 2009, 03:42 PM
skywirest

Default Heating issues...too hot-not enough!?

Ok so I am not new to Hookah, meaning I have smoked for sometime, but I am new to owning my own Hookah. I seem to be having some trouble. I recently bought a mini hookah (http://www.smoking-hookah.com/product/321001.asp). My problem is overheating...I think? I am using Golden quicklights, primarily for portability. I try to break one 40mm quick light into 1/4's to be able to spread the heat and typically I place 3 broken pieces along the rim of the bowl in triangular fashion. I either overheat or underheat. I just cannot seem to find that perfect balance. What can I do? What is my problem? Thanks.

Last edited by skywirest; September 18th, 2009 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Needed a more clear title.
Old September 18th, 2009, 04:04 PM
MichaelMassacre
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MichaelMassacre
Default Re: Mini Hookah Help?

1: The coals you are using... Very bad for you & not tasty to smoke. They are hard to manage due to ash & chemicals

2: The hookah you are using, although not 'amazing' won't affect the harshness/heat of your smoke THAT much, just stick some ice in your base.

3: You are probably using that standard bowl as well... Which isn't THAT good either.

BUT:
Get new coals... You make sure to pack the shisha so it is about 1cm below the foil so it doesn't touch... Shisha is meant to be 'vaporized'.
With new coals your heat management will be easier & your smoke will be lucious.
Get CocoNaras, ******* Hookah Coals... Or if you like the quick light coals... Get some ******* Hookah Quicklights @ **********.com ... or 3 Kings quicklights if you want better quick lights but not as 'natural'.

So to sum it up... Better coals & shisha can't touch the foil... Ice in base.
Old September 18th, 2009, 04:08 PM
skywirest

Default Re: Mini Hookah Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMassacre View Post
1: The coals you are using... Very bad for you & not tasty to smoke. They are hard to manage due to ash & chemicals

2: The hookah you are using, although not 'amazing' won't affect the harshness/heat of your smoke THAT much, just stick some ice in your base.

3: You are probably using that standard bowl as well... Which isn't THAT good either.

BUT:
Get new coals... You make sure to pack the shisha so it is about 1cm below the foil so it doesn't touch... Shisha is meant to be 'vaporized'.
With new coals your heat management will be easier & your smoke will be lucious.
Get CocoNaras, ******* Hookah Coals... Or if you like the quick light coals... Get some ******* Hookah Quicklights @ **********.com ... or 3 Kings quicklights if you want better quick lights but not as 'natural'.

So to sum it up... Better coals & shisha can't touch the foil... Ice in base.
Thanks MM, appreciate the advice. Will do that for sure!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook