Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Reviews > Everything Else

Everything Else Reviews of everything else related to traditional hookah (ex. windscreens, hoses, bowls, etc) ...

Single Coil Burner

Everything Else

Reply Share

Old April 6th, 2008, 03:07 PM
sexyghost
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sexyghost Send a message via MSN to sexyghost
Default Single Coil Burner

These are also called 5th burners. I got mine at Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex-...7511642&sr=8-1

This is a great addition to my hookah stuff. It heats up really fast and gets the coals extremely hot. I actually like this better then using my gas stove now. The coils are pretty close together so you can get some fairly small coals on there if you had to.

It is easy to clean too. All I did was turn it upside down and taped the ashes off of it. You can also wipe it off with a sponge too.

It took a while to get it but it was worth it. That being said I give it a 10/10. It does the job and does it well. If your interested into getting a single burner this is a great piece to consider.

Old April 9th, 2008, 09:56 PM
c000weee
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to c000weee Send a message via Yahoo to c000weee
Default Re: Single Coil Burner

The one from Walgreens is also pretty sweet. Can't really complain about it at all. It's also $9.99 and saves you for waiting for it in the mail since there are 1,000,000,000 Walgreens in the U.S.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...&id=prod350527
Old April 14th, 2008, 01:41 AM
craziazn1469
Hookah Newbie

Nazar ones are amazing. It looks like any brand you could pull from a shelf, just never realy looked around town for these things. Either way, heats up my naturals in a minute half, flipped over and almost covered ashy. Heats up realy quick as well, and cools down at a fairly fast rate as well. Totaly a good buy
Old July 9th, 2008, 01:00 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

I bought one off of Amazon for only $10.50 (it was used only a few times by the previous user and its still in great condition). The retail price used to be $12...Now for some reason, the price went up.

http://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex-...5626129&sr=8-1

I love this burner! On my gas stop, it usually takes 6-7 minutes to warm up exoticas. Now with this burner, it only takes 5 minutes. I just flip them over once when the side is done.

Not only that, with hot plates, the smell of coals goes does immensely compared to gas stoves. When I used to warm up my coals on the stove, Gosh it smelled like a horrible campfire. Now with the burner, it just smells like a relaxing camp fire lol. Its just tolerable now.

NOTE: Make sure you have a window open and a fan on when cooking up your coals or else the smell will stay in the room. I have a scented candle and Febreeze in hand when I light the coals up so the smell won't stick around.

This hot plate cools down faster than I expected. Just turn off the plate when your done and unplug it from the wall.

OVERALL: 10/10. This is probably one of my best purchases when it comes to hookah
Old July 17th, 2008, 05:34 PM
ilovebrood
Hookah Newbie

I bought the Walgreen's single-coil burner, for $9.99, and its an excellent investment.
http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...&id=prod350527

Just plug it into the wall and your good to go. Its easy to clean, and very cheap. If it breaks no biggy, but I don't see this bad boy breaking unless your playing frisbee with it.

I choose not to use a stove in the kitchen because I'd rather use something that would be cheap to repair/replace if it breaks, and I only use this thing for coals, not cooking.

9.5/10 Con: It takes up to much power for some reason to work with car batteries, wether you have an Avalanche and optimum battery with a specific jack that can even play your Xbox, or an adapter/outlet thingy, this thing only works off household electricity.
Old November 30th, 2008, 03:05 AM
jreese86
Hookah Nut

I bought the 9.99 Walgreens single coil burner and it's the best 10 bucks ever spent. I've noticed a couple of things:

1. The coals heat up all the way and there's minimal coal taste left over unlike when I light coals with my gas stove.
2. The smoke is amazing because the coals are so hot.

Do yourself a favor, and get one of these if you don't have an electric stove.
Old November 30th, 2008, 02:45 PM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Another vote for the 9.99 from walgreens.

Grabbed one after a few people mentioned it. Works like a dream.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:48 PM
hyperionson69
Hookah Newbie

I'm thankful for this site, I didn't like having to go to the kitchen to light my coconaras, I bought the Proctor Silex coil burner, and it was the most convinient thing to have for a party with three hookahs on!
Old August 25th, 2010, 04:38 AM
withoutink
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to withoutink

Being new to hookah, I heard this was the way to go. I picked one of the walgreens models up a couple days ago and its much easier to get the coals started than on my glass/ceramic stovetop. Heats the coals up fast and I flip it once.

I ran an extension cord to the front of my garage (i smoke in front or in my garage) and I leave the little burner on the shelf so its easy to get to, when I need to light more coals up.

10/10
Old August 31st, 2010, 08:44 PM
ghost_patriot21
Hookah Newbie

Aaaah, dam! I just got one of these beutane burners too. Oh well.
Old February 8th, 2011, 09:56 PM
gtclipse01
Hookah Newbie

I have the exact same burner, got it at Giant (supermarket) for $15, it's probably the single most important non-hookah specific accessory I own... lights coco's quick and thoroughly with minimal mess.
Old February 9th, 2011, 05:53 AM
MrReynus
Hookah Newbie

I have had both, the proctor silex and the walgreens' bought "kitchen gourmet" and i can safely say the kitchen gourmet is a far superior product. The proctor silex after about 2 months of use has issues with the knob where i would turn it on to high and it would shut itself off, then go back on resulting in the coals being pretty much wasted. Do yourself a favor, get out of the house and get the walgreens burner.
Old February 11th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Tye Dye Jim
Hookah Nut

I just bought one of those at Walgreens gotta be better than the gas stove.Plus I needed kitty food, they gotta eat too .
Old March 26th, 2011, 11:43 PM
therickster
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to therickster

Got the coil burner they sell at Walgreens today. Mines cost me about 14.50, but I live in San Jose, Ca and everything is more expensive over here ahah. Good price though, They were selling a single coil burner at Walmart for 30 bucks, so 50 percent off on a coil burner that can light my coconaras in about 8 minutes was very worth the investment.
Old March 31st, 2011, 11:10 PM
ajs425
Hookah Master

got mine from rite aid 20 bux it was pricey but it lights so fast only issues is you have to unplug it to turn it off and that the cord is too short

I am the true hookah troll, fear me or love me, you cannot hide from the troll he will find you... and make you rage.
Setup, KM Green Pear 36", Small Tangier's Phunnel, KM Rainbow and Nammor Hoses
Old April 7th, 2011, 05:20 PM
jupstejuho
Hookah Newbie

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT I just bought this burner. The specs say that it's 1500W. Will that be enough for lighting up Coco Naras? At this point I am using my kitchen stove to light up Coco Naras, but it's annoying that I have to go to the kitchen every time I wanna smoke hookah. And also... There's this problem: the whole damn kitchen area and living room smells like shit when lighting up coco naras! Coco naras are supposed to be odorless while lighting them, so it is propably my old dirty stove that smells bad... But it could be the coals, too.

What kind of experience do you have on Coco nara smell while lighting? Are they really odorless? I hope so, because in that case it' my stove that's problematic and that single coil burner I bought should resolve the problem.
Old June 15th, 2011, 02:29 AM
ovation4what
Hookah Aficionado

does this work for natural coals like coconuts coals or only quick lights? either way i need to pick this up cause i hate having to go to the kitchen when i smoke 2 flights of stairs up from it lol
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook