Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Killer buzz! (your first experience with the horrible hookah buzz)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 4th, 2008, 09:16 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Cool Killer buzz! (your first experience with the horrible hookah buzz)

Hey H-P!

I was thinking, what would you range your buzz from the first time you smoked hookah and what effects did you feel? Haha some people actually throw up their first time cuz of all the nicotine.

Well the first time I smoked hookah, I didn't get light-headed at all because I only did a few puffs.

The next time I smoked, oh my Gosh! I was puffing away, draw after draw because I was having way too much fun making those smoke rings ^_^

*sigh* I totally forgot about the lightheadedness people have warned me about. When the session was over, I seriously felt like I was drunk and I kid you not, I couldn't walk straight for the first couple of steps!

That wasn't the worst of it. When I got home, I felt sick and nauseous and thank goodness I do not have a sensitive stomach or else I wouldn't been throwing up (I seriously felt like I was going to!) haha good times

Share your stories! This will be an interesting thread
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:22 AM
heilmikaal
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to heilmikaal
Default Re: Killer buzz! (your first experience with the horrible hookah buzz)

My first time I had Al-Fakher Grape and got a little lightheaded but nothing to make me throw up. I was at The Egyptian Tea Room: a tea and hookah lounge in the SDSU area. That was the day i saw Megadeth play
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:35 AM
HiToKiRi
Hookah Nut

I very seldom get buzzes these days because I suppose I'm just so used to smoking Hookah that it doesn't affect me much anymore...then again I mostly smoke AF and have never had the opportunity to try Starbuzz or Tangiers or some of the more "buzz prone" shisha that is mentioned around here.

In the beginning the buzz was quite hectic to say the least but I've never been sick or felt ill because of shisha smoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
Haha some people actually throw up their first time cuz of all the nicotine.
I don't think that people get sick their first time because of the nicotine. Most shisha that I know of contains almost no nicotine (usually so little that it couldn't even be called trace amounts) so I assume the reason they felt sick was because of the Carbon Monoxide they were inhaling or just the lack of oxygen perhaps.
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:47 AM
mack65401
Hookah Newbie

Nice thread
Being a long time pipe smoker, I didn't feel any effect whatsoever when I first tried the hookah. From time to time I smoke rope tobaccos in my briar pipes, so I guess it is not fair.

Now smoking rope tobaccos... Talk about a nicotine ride Whenever I am writing a journal paper or preparing finals etc, a small amount in a briar, and I am good to go for the next 4 hours or so...

Here is an example of rope/twist tobacco:
http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/...roduct_id=4214
________
Body Science

Last edited by mack65401; May 5th, 2011 at 05:57 AM.
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Willow
Hookah Newbie

My first time smoking from my Hookah was about a week ago now. Being a cig smoker I did not get a real buzz from smoking shisha... now if I forget what I am doing and try to smoke too fast I get a little bit dizzy for a minute... but I can do that with a cig too.

I am begining to enjoy hookah time more than cigs! Cigs still get their turn at work... but at home I really enjoy setting up and smoking with the hookah.
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:03 AM
billyy
Hookah Nut

My first time ever was at a hookah bar. Me and my mates went to check it out, what all this Shisha stuff was about.

I dont remember exactly what we ordered but I think it was Apple and Strawberry. So we were smoking along for about 30mins. Then I started to feel abit tired and lazy. 10 minutes later I feel really hot and started sweating and didn;t feel like moving or saying anything but I kept smoking. It got really bad i was just in the corner like 0_0

20 minutes later im fine but I was like.....OK so getting all sweaty is shisha... :/
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:13 AM
swawesome
Hookah Nut

The first time I smoked I didn't feel much. I think it was because I was smoking some pretty old nakhala. However, the next time I smoked I went to a hookah bar in austin. I imediately noticed the difference in the quality of shisha. I started to feel a buz and then I just got way carried away with it. At one point I felt like I wasn't touch the couch I was sitting on! It ended pretty badly cuz when I walked out after our smoking session I ended up passing out next my truck and slamming my head on the asphalt! It pretty much sucked. Never had any problems since though. And I actually dont get much of a buzz at that place anymore. Guess I have a tolerance now
Old June 4th, 2008, 04:41 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

The only killer killer buzz I have had was when I first bought nahkla. I had nahkla strawberry and it threw me on my ass. I was still a newbie at the time so I didn't know what I was getting into, taking huge hits like an idiot. I had a stomach ache head ache all kinda ache but I didn't spew chunks.
Old June 4th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

first time was the first time i smoked. it was al waha i believe. mint and something else. ended up going to a mall and sitting around for 45mins while i felt like crap.

the last time was when i first smoked tangiers at erics lounge. i came home at 3:45 and we smoked another bowl and i ended up throwing up after i fell asleep (i woke up and felt like crap and though about it, said fuck it and went to hurl)
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:31 PM
shavedturbo
Hookah Nut

All of the nicotine? All .05%?
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:33 PM
shavedturbo
Hookah Nut

once at a hookah bar after ~8hits from the hookah i got up to switch couches, and fell right back down and knocked the couch up on 2 legs...which i could still get buzzed like that lol
Old June 4th, 2008, 07:55 PM
PakistaniMasty
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to PakistaniMasty Send a message via MSN to PakistaniMasty Send a message via Yahoo to PakistaniMasty

Hello Hookah Pro Community,
Well I never smoked anything before cigs and cigars and hookah nothing
So when I tried Hookah for the forst time I thought I was going to die The buzz was crazy, I got dizzy I felt hot I couldnt feel stuff with my hands I couldnt move I t was so bad I felt like I was going to throw up man it was like the worst thing I ever felt but it didnt stop me lol a couple of times after that I smoked Hookah I had the same experience after about a month I finally got used to it
~PakistaniMasty~
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedturbo View Post
All of the nicotine? All .05%?
depends on the tobacco. erics stuff is .3% for the unwashed line (tangiers that is). if youve never smoked anything and attempt to smoke through a bowl, youre going to get sick guaranteed.
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:35 PM
-FliM-
Hookah Nut

All I've been able to get my hands on, prior to ordering online, was AFZAL tobacco.

I smoked a fair bit and I've gotta say, I have only had a very brief buzz (2-4 minutes) a couple of times. It gave me that "hehehe..the couch is eating me! I'm sinking!" feeling that some *cough* smokers may be familiar with. Not unpleasant for relaxing.

That said, that's been a very rare occurrence and not something that I got the first few times I smoked shisha. Maybe it was just when I had it all set up perfectly .
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:59 PM
craziazn1469
Hookah Newbie

Oh god. The worst buzz I got was smoking hookah before finals at home. Walked outside and it felt like I was extremely drunk the way that everything was spinning and basicaly ate it on gravel. I have a small scar on my left hand from the crash and a funny memory from it.
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:34 PM
AlphonseBojagle
Hookah Newbie

My first hookah experience was about two years ago at Firefly (a hookah bar near where I live). I went there with five other people and we all shared two hookahs (margarita and mint odd I know) I didn't feel any buzz at all and was vaguely disappointed.

Two weeks ago I went with a couple friends and smoked some acai berry and got a ridiculous amount of buzz. So much so that I just didn't want to get up from the couch. The chill lasted another couple of hours it was crazy times.
Old June 5th, 2008, 12:56 AM
mellow
Hookah Newbie

Never had a "buzz" when I first started to smoke. Then my friends took me to Tangiers.... lol. Oh man that buzz was so devastating I couldn't even get up to use the restroom, my world was spinning. But after 20 minutes of resting I was good and back at it.
Old June 5th, 2008, 03:02 AM
YA-MEZ
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to YA-MEZ

the first time i ever got real kick-my-ass nic buzz...i was smoking some nahkla banana...hitting it non-stop for about 20 minutes (everyone left) so i just kept hitting it and eventually i got smart and stopped...went home...and i could barely walk...my legts felt like Jell-O...my hands were shaking...it was so bad i srsly thought i was about to have a diabetic seizure i was shaking so much...so i just ate some food and drank some water and i was good
Old December 25th, 2008, 09:09 AM
upstart999
Hookah Newbie

Hmm, well i dont recall getting sick my first hookah session, but just yesterday i felt just a wee bit dizzy/naseaus. It was off a brand im very familiar to just a new flavor to me. It was Romman Blueberry, not a very good smoke for me. Although it may have been due to the christmas fish dinner i ate prior to smoking.
Old December 25th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Xazon
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiToKiRi View Post
I very seldom get buzzes these days because I suppose I'm just so used to smoking Hookah that it doesn't affect me much anymore...then again I mostly smoke AF and have never had the opportunity to try Starbuzz or Tangiers or some of the more "buzz prone" shisha that is mentioned around here.

In the beginning the buzz was quite hectic to say the least but I've never been sick or felt ill because of shisha smoke.

I don't think that people get sick their first time because of the nicotine. Most shisha that I know of contains almost no nicotine (usually so little that it couldn't even be called trace amounts) so I assume the reason they felt sick was because of the Carbon Monoxide they were inhaling or just the lack of oxygen perhaps.

Dude u can get sick from nicotin once i smoked to many ciggerats and i threw up
Old December 25th, 2008, 11:33 AM
dwicker21
Hookah Nut

well jilly, since you asked so politely, :-P
i was drunk when i tried it first, so that may have contributed to the effects, but i smoked A LOT my first time and didn't feel a thing. The smoke was thick and i did a lot of holding it in, but no effects were felt from it. I could've gotten dizzy and thought it was the booze, but maybe not...

my first huge buzz was from AF Berry, we smoked it for a couple hours, and i went to stand up and i fell over backwards because i was so light headed. I've never gotten so buzzed to where i didn't think i could drive, but that night i decided to just stay in and chill till that crazy buzz wore off lol
Old December 25th, 2008, 12:09 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

i remember my first time smoking there was too much drinking to tell if it effected me but i share the same experience with dwicker that af berry hit me hard too no other af just that berry
Old December 25th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Migas3007
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Migas3007

My first time smoking was with some buddies of mine, they took me a a hookah bar and told me that it was their new hangout spot. I was like "okay..." But I started to smoke the hookah and I just...felt so relaxed. I wasn't feeling a big buzz but I felt a lot more rested than I had in a while. When I stood up from my seat I had to sit right back down right away because I thought that I was going to fall over! It was a good first experience...and it's gotten me hooked to the flavor of shisha and learning and knowing everything about it!
Old December 25th, 2008, 03:47 PM
x_Odin_x
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to x_Odin_x

My first time smoking a hookah was Pharaoh's Extreme Cherry a looong time ago. (it was disgusting.)

I had such wicked hookah-head that I thought I was going to throw up. Luckily it was at night so I slept that beast off. I thought about never trying hookah again, but my friends dragged me to a hookah bar for a round of apple (wasn't sure of the brand).

I liked it a lot better then.
Old December 25th, 2008, 04:03 PM
pswami
Hookah Nut

The first time I smoked, I smoked Nakhla...and needless to say, got buzzed pretty heavily. Wasn't too bad though; I didn't throw up or feel nauseous.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook