Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

How long does it take for Tangiers (FLAVOR) to get to its full potential?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 22nd, 2009, 09:35 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Default How long does it take for Tangiers (FLAVOR) to get to its full potential?

Ahh after SOOO many failed attempts, I think I got it to smoke right!

It smoking well...Its only been about 3 minutes and I'm not getting flavor?

How long does it usually take Tangiers for the flavor to become very strong?

No need to ask about the buzz....wowza! After 5 hits, I feel like I'm drunk!!
Old September 22nd, 2009, 09:38 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: How long does it take for Tangiers (FLAVOR) to get to its full potentia

BTW, I did acclimate accordingly.

And...I figured out the reason why the pack never smoked right...I was using HD foil and for some reason, reg. foil is working for me!

I followed John's tutorial (by eric) and it seems sooo much better! I was using that method, but with HD foil.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: How long does it take for Tangiers (FLAVOR) to get to its full potentia

honestly, i get my best results doing something similar to their method...one of things i dont do is use giant ash loving holes.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:11 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Ah, did the really big holes with a oyster fork. Idk is tangiers supposed to have a heavy tobacco taste with it? Can't taste a lot of the Maraschino cherry.

Its smokeable, not harsh really.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:30 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

it has a tangiers taste, kinda tobacco but idk hard to explain. i honestly think the flavors are not super in your face. in 10-15 mins though your sure not going to get any stronger flavor.

-matt
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:34 PM
ebaygirl
Hookah Pro

Sounds disgusting
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:37 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

I've never tried the noir but with lucid the flavor is there but I still taste the tobacco. I like it but I think its a bit overrated.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:39 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

I've always used a single layer of regular foil for everything with good results. I only use the oyster fork for packing a bowl because I prefer a scribe/poker for the holing. I poke large holes in a linear fashion much like how Eric does it with the fork including saving the holes over the center for last. I agree with Eric when he says the more airflow the better, and bigger holes does yield more airflow than more smaller ones. Plus I hate it when holes get clogged. I've had good smoke using small holes too so it's not really an issue as long as there is enough.

There is more of a sweeter tobacco undertone with Noir compared to washed tobaccos (I still taste it a bit in Lucid too). I find the flavor to be strong once the bowl starts putting out a lot of smoke and throat tickle. The bowl mellows out though, with the throat tickle dying away and the details of the flavors becoming more noticeable. How are your holes over the center hole? I find that to be key but messing around with them before the bowl warms up properly may give you misleading results. There are some that say no holes over the center but I'm part of the crowd that says not too few, not too many; it depends on preference and experience (Eric says the same).

I wouldn't expect you to have many issues with acclimation being in the valley but it would depend on where you're getting your Tangiers from and how long it's been since it was packed. I get mine from Eric's lounge and I have yet to have an issue with acclimation. Most issues I've read and heard about with Tangiers tend to be either acclimation (I can't really comment on it because I never dealt with it) or caused by underpacking.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:43 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

only takes a couple pulls b4 the flavor really kicks in for me
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:55 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrunner89 View Post
only takes a couple pulls b4 the flavor really kicks in for me
How do you pack it personally Jay? How does it work out for ya?

Because idk! Over year ago, One of my buddies packed it just like eric, but without the fork and maraschino cherry was amazing!

Ah, wtf am I doing wrong? Its not harsh, but after a while, it tastes burnt and I don't get much flavor.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:11 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

i dont use a fork to pack my bowl, i just take pinches and place them in the bowl. I then will press firmly all the way around the bowl till its just below the center spire. It will look and feel exactly the way it did in the package. Then I take a toothpick and make holes for airflow around the whole bowl in the tobacco before i even put the foil on. I will then go back and lightly tamp down any pieces of tobacco down. I use 1 precut foil and with a thumbtack poke alot of holes in the foil. I use golden canary silver tabs, 4 on a medium tangiers and I get tons of smoke and a lot of flavor. I hope this helps Jilly.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix

I've never had problems packing Tangiers, the first bowl I ever packed myself was Tangiers.
Aside from the tight packing, I treat it like every other tobacco.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 01:09 AM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

i tightly pack to the rim, 1 layer hd foil, and 3 ring hole pattern with a thumb tack. get some really thick smoke and flavor! i use 2 naras and a small phunnel also. Unless I'm smoking lucid which I put 3 naras.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 01:42 AM
SloppyJoe
Hookah Newbie

I have no idea what most of you are talking about. Tangiers in a medium phunnel easily last me 10 hours. No loss of flavor, but when I add more coal making huge clouds, you never get much of the flavor anyway. It's still there however. Eric from tangiers has gotten flavor to last in a phunnel for 18 hours, and says it easily does 12.

Not overrated at all.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 01:44 AM
kingboyb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaygirl View Post
Sounds disgusting
Just like Royalty Tobacco...
Old September 23rd, 2009, 01:46 AM
kingboyb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
How do you pack it personally Jay? How does it work out for ya?

Because idk! Over year ago, One of my buddies packed it just like eric, but without the fork and maraschino cherry was amazing!

Ah, wtf am I doing wrong? Its not harsh, but after a while, it tastes burnt and I don't get much flavor.

Is your smoke thick or thin?
Old September 23rd, 2009, 02:28 AM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloppyJoe View Post
I have no idea what most of you are talking about. Tangiers in a medium phunnel easily last me 10 hours. No loss of flavor, but when I add more coal making huge clouds, you never get much of the flavor anyway. It's still there however. Eric from tangiers has gotten flavor to last in a phunnel for 18 hours, and says it easily does 12.

Not overrated at all.
Hiya Joe!

Eric told me the same thing about the 18 hours he's done but between you and me, I sooooooo highly doubt it. I mean, when you're sitting less than 10 feet away from a stock room of Tangiers moassel in all flavors and a mixing room where the combinations are limitless, why in the hell would you smoke the same bowl for 18 hours?!

If he's secretly come up with a mythical flavor that induces orgasms I can kinda see it happening but then again there's no way he has enough spare undies stashed away in that place to last him that long.

Now anybody reading this is gonna cringe if they ever visit his lounge and their feet stick to the floor...
Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:28 AM
iamjack
Hookah Newbie

I havent had a problem with tangiers...
I pack the bowl tight..not over pack...
Throw foil over it...poke holes with a toothpick
Coal it..
SMOKE! lol
no problems. lol
Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:59 AM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

umm I get flavor on the first hit. Do you actually taste nothing or is it just not strong?
Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:24 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
Just like Royalty Tobacco...
She no longer represents them, so your dig is not valid. If she thinks Tangiers sounds disgusting, that's her opinion. Just because you love it doesn't mean everyone does. Didn't we go over this before?
Old September 23rd, 2009, 10:38 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjack View Post
I havent had a problem with tangiers...
I pack the bowl tight..not over pack...
Throw foil over it...poke holes with a toothpick
Coal it..
SMOKE! lol
no problems. lol
i'm like you, it just comes simple, i don't sweat any of the details. I won't say that every flavor is a must have but i do enjoy several flavors.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 12:22 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
She no longer represents them, so your dig is not valid. If she thinks Tangiers sounds disgusting, that's her opinion. Just because you love it doesn't mean everyone does. Didn't we go over this before?
wouldn't kbb's opinion be just as valid whether or not she represents them? i dont see why he has to be pointed at while she has her opinion. its just kbb expressing his?
Old September 23rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

As for the flavor tasting...not like what it is....

well, I've noticed certain flavours don't seem to want to ever acclimate.

I have 2 flavors at home that either still smell like ash tray (red tea) or still have a strong smell of ashtray (bramble berry)

the flavor on the latter is good for 20min before the ashtray takes over....

its not a burning taste...its something else...that tastes like ashtray... melon blend has it (in noir and lucid) however, after some acclimation...ash tray goes away.

if you have ashtray...leave it out for a long time, more than 4 hours...i did one for 4 days before...its still wet...and the ashtray gets weaker...

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 23rd, 2009, 01:20 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post

I called her out because she still sells it. This is also not the first time she's knocked a competitive tobacco brand. Make no mistake , I don't like 100% of any tobacco line. If the shoe was on the other foot and Tangiers called Royalty disgusting, I would have called them out in a big way. Vendors here have really been civil on issues of competitive products, and I hope that is consistently enforced.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

ok people lets not derail Jillys thread further please? Lets stay on topic.
Share with your friends on facebook