Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 24th, 2012, 02:47 PM
nekoxandu's Avatar
nekoxandu
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 392
Default Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

I'm down to the last five coals in my stash, so it's time for me to get some new ones, I'm looking for larger coals than coconara's because I'd like to use less coals per bowl, but of course still want them to be nats, any suggestions? I'd rather not take a risk on buying shitty coals, so I figured I'd ask!
__________________

Main Rig: 32 in. Old Skool KM Kafe Medium + White Vortex/Traditional Egy + SS Lounge Pro + Coconaras
Black Leaf Lover. Nak, AF, Nile, Tangiers & Fantasia Smoker
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old April 24th, 2012, 03:04 PM
bondageman's Avatar
bondageman
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 471
Default

When u say larger what do u mean exactly larger as in having a larger surface area or larger as in being higher (like cubes)?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:22 PM
chrisbru's Avatar
chrisbru
Status: Offline
Hookah Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,999
Default Re: Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekoxandu View Post
I'm down to the last five coals in my stash, so it's time for me to get some new ones, I'm looking for larger coals than coconara's because I'd like to use less coals per bowl, but of course still want them to be nats, any suggestions? I'd rather not take a risk on buying shitty coals, so I figured I'd ask!
I don't quite understand this logic - Mostly because CocoUltimates and LeoNaras are so much cheaper than Naras, so you could use the same amount of coal and still save money.

However - If you want bigger coals, the cocomazayas are cube shaped rather than flats.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:27 PM
nekoxandu's Avatar
nekoxandu
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 392
Default Re: Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondageman View Post
When u say larger what do u mean exactly larger as in having a larger surface area or larger as in being higher (like cubes)?
I actually meant larger surface area
__________________

Main Rig: 32 in. Old Skool KM Kafe Medium + White Vortex/Traditional Egy + SS Lounge Pro + Coconaras
Black Leaf Lover. Nak, AF, Nile, Tangiers & Fantasia Smoker
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:27 PM
epitome's Avatar
epitome
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Hood, TX
Posts: 492
Default Re: Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

I'm going to try some of the natural Exotica finger coals on my next order, those are larger and flat. May be something to look into.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:34 PM
nekoxandu's Avatar
nekoxandu
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 392
Default Re: Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbru View Post
I don't quite understand this logic - Mostly because CocoUltimates and LeoNaras are so much cheaper than Naras, so you could use the same amount of coal and still save money.

However - If you want bigger coals, the cocomazayas are cube shaped rather than flats.
well my logic was this: in my experience a coal with a larger surface area can heat more of the bowl using less coals, for example back when I used to use QL's, I would use 2 33mm Miraculums on my vortex, and now I currently use 3 cocnaras, so I figured if I could find a box of nats that cost just as much as coconaras with 108 in the box as well with a larger surface area, then I could use 2 coals per bowl instead of three, increasing the amount of bowls i get from a box.
__________________

Main Rig: 32 in. Old Skool KM Kafe Medium + White Vortex/Traditional Egy + SS Lounge Pro + Coconaras
Black Leaf Lover. Nak, AF, Nile, Tangiers & Fantasia Smoker
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old April 24th, 2012, 05:16 PM
bondageman's Avatar
bondageman
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekoxandu

well my logic was this: in my experience a coal with a larger surface area can heat more of the bowl using less coals, for example back when I used to use QL's, I would use 2 33mm Miraculums on my vortex, and now I currently use 3 cocnaras, so I figured if I could find a box of nats that cost just as much as coconaras with 108 in the box as well with a larger surface area, then I could use 2 coals per bowl instead of three, increasing the amount of bowls i get from a box.
You could use 2 coals and a windcover instead of 3 coals. I think most nats are the same size
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old April 24th, 2012, 05:55 PM
EasyRider's Avatar
EasyRider
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 476
Default Re: Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekoxandu View Post
well my logic was this: in my experience a coal with a larger surface area can heat more of the bowl using less coals, for example back when I used to use QL's, I would use 2 33mm Miraculums on my vortex, and now I currently use 3 cocnaras, so I figured if I could find a box of nats that cost just as much as coconaras with 108 in the box as well with a larger surface area, then I could use 2 coals per bowl instead of three, increasing the amount of bowls i get from a box.
Orrrrrr you could buy coco-ultimates that are $8 a box as opposed to $15...And heat management stays the same.
__________________

32" Nickel Plated Farida Zanouba. Phunnel/Vortex/Egy
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old April 24th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Zach's Avatar
Zach
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Batman's Anus.
Posts: 809
Send a message via Skype™ to Zach
Default Re: Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

Get Exoticas. I use 1/3 of a stick for a bowl. They require a lot of attention though.
__________________
I wish I could shit bricks
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old April 24th, 2012, 06:17 PM
linerndunch110's Avatar
linerndunch110
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Boonies
Posts: 3,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach
Get Exoticas. I use 1/3 of a stick for a bowl. They require a lot of attention though.
Exoticas ash a ton if that's what you mean. However, its a different kind of ash.

Next time use two 1/3 sticks and only move them ever 30 minutes or so. About half the time as cocos. The ash will act as a self insulation. Meaning, DON'T KNOCK OFF ALL THE ASH AT ALL times.

The ash will stick to the coals unless you touch them. Different kind of year management
__________________
Current Favorite Rig: KM 28" Amer, Egyptian Bowl, KM Pro Hose
Current Favorites: Lula Pulveski Sweet Tobac, Rose
My Video Thread: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23366
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Zach's Avatar
Zach
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Batman's Anus.
Posts: 809
Send a message via Skype™ to Zach
Default Re: Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerndunch110 View Post
Exoticas ash a ton if that's what you mean. However, its a different kind of ash.

Next time use two 1/3 sticks and only move them ever 30 minutes or so. About half the time as cocos. The ash will act as a self insulation. Meaning, DON'T KNOCK OFF ALL THE ASH AT ALL times.

The ash will stick to the coals unless you touch them. Different kind of year management
I don't ash. I do flip them occasionally and whatever falls off I blow off the bowl. I am afraid of the coal going black, which is why I have to flip often. I don't want to risk getting sick. I'll try two exoticas and not touch them, although, I'm afraid that may be too much for my bowl. But I must try it!
__________________
I wish I could shit bricks
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:11 PM
phatdaddy's Avatar
phatdaddy
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: the NXN pa
Posts: 905
Default Re: Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

i like exoticas, they perform very well. once you get used to them they are veryy good.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:33 PM
loverandfrien's Avatar
loverandfrien
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 396
Default Re: Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekoxandu View Post
well my logic was this: in my experience a coal with a larger surface area can heat more of the bowl using less coals, for example back when I used to use QL's, I would use 2 33mm Miraculums on my vortex, and now I currently use 3 cocnaras, so I figured if I could find a box of nats that cost just as much as coconaras with 108 in the box as well with a larger surface area, then I could use 2 coals per bowl instead of three, increasing the amount of bowls i get from a box.
Size doesnt matter .....

Some nats r sold by weight anyways. What you should be concerned with is price/value per bowl(which u r but u went about it differently). Coconara is just expensive for what it is, other brands will give you the same amount for less = value per bowl.
the following coals brands will give your good quality vs value per bowl:

exotica nats (like everyones been saying but i think most of them r just trying to satisfy your request for a larger coal) coco jamra, coco ultimate, kanara.

the last 3 r coconut coals n r all cheaper and r as good as coconara.
__________________
40" Mya Colossus, 36" KM Signature Ice, 26" Farida Tunisi Laser.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:27 PM
SaraaiKar's Avatar
SaraaiKar
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,010
Default Re: Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

Exoticas are damn huge. Too much ash for me (during clean up) but they may be what you're looking for.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old April 25th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Nepats77
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 38
Default Re: Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

Try the new Fantasia Coals. Just bought a box myself and they work great. They are def noticeably larger than naras or any other nattys I've used.
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
coco coals!! jamra or nara or any others sidewinder Hookah Discussion 13 January 8th, 2012 05:26 AM
Coco Nara Natural Help gearsNcogs Hookah Discussion 18 October 14th, 2010 12:59 AM
Need Help With Coco Nara Coals. DanyalAkkaya Hookah Discussion 20 July 29th, 2010 03:27 AM
Coco nara coals in the uk kevz Hookah Discussion 4 June 10th, 2010 08:39 AM
Coco-Nara coals going bad? Special K Hookah Discussion 25 April 22nd, 2010 12:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.