Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 24th, 2012, 02:47 PM
nekoxandu
Hookah Nut

Default Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

I'm down to the last five coals in my stash, so it's time for me to get some new ones, I'm looking for larger coals than coconara's because I'd like to use less coals per bowl, but of course still want them to be nats, any suggestions? I'd rather not take a risk on buying shitty coals, so I figured I'd ask!

Main Rig: 32 in. Old Skool KM Kafe Medium + White Vortex/Traditional Egy + SS Lounge Pro + Coconaras
Black Leaf Lover. Nak, AF, Nile, Tangiers & Fantasia Smoker
Old April 24th, 2012, 03:04 PM
bondageman
Hookah Nut

When u say larger what do u mean exactly larger as in having a larger surface area or larger as in being higher (like cubes)?
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:22 PM
chrisbru
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Natural Coals Larger Than Nara's

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekoxandu View Post
I'm down to the last five coals in my stash, so it's time for me to get some new ones, I'm looking for larger coals than coconara's because I'd like to use less coals per bowl, but of course still want them to be nats, any suggestions? I'd rather not take a risk on buying shitty coals, so I figured I'd ask!
I don't quite understand this logic - Mostly because CocoUltimates and LeoNaras are so much cheaper than Naras, so you could use the same amount of coal and still save money.

However - If you want bigger coals, the cocomazayas are cube shaped rather than flats.
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:27 PM
nekoxandu
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondageman View Post
When u say larger what do u mean exactly larger as in having a larger surface area or larger as in being higher (like cubes)?
I actually meant larger surface area

Main Rig: 32 in. Old Skool KM Kafe Medium + White Vortex/Traditional Egy + SS Lounge Pro + Coconaras
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:27 PM
epitome
Hookah Nut

I'm going to try some of the natural Exotica finger coals on my next order, those are larger and flat. May be something to look into.
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:34 PM
nekoxandu
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbru View Post
I don't quite understand this logic - Mostly because CocoUltimates and LeoNaras are so much cheaper than Naras, so you could use the same amount of coal and still save money.

However - If you want bigger coals, the cocomazayas are cube shaped rather than flats.
well my logic was this: in my experience a coal with a larger surface area can heat more of the bowl using less coals, for example back when I used to use QL's, I would use 2 33mm Miraculums on my vortex, and now I currently use 3 cocnaras, so I figured if I could find a box of nats that cost just as much as coconaras with 108 in the box as well with a larger surface area, then I could use 2 coals per bowl instead of three, increasing the amount of bowls i get from a box.

Old April 24th, 2012, 05:16 PM
bondageman
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekoxandu

well my logic was this: in my experience a coal with a larger surface area can heat more of the bowl using less coals, for example back when I used to use QL's, I would use 2 33mm Miraculums on my vortex, and now I currently use 3 cocnaras, so I figured if I could find a box of nats that cost just as much as coconaras with 108 in the box as well with a larger surface area, then I could use 2 coals per bowl instead of three, increasing the amount of bowls i get from a box.
You could use 2 coals and a windcover instead of 3 coals. I think most nats are the same size
Old April 24th, 2012, 05:55 PM
EasyRider
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Orrrrrr you could buy coco-ultimates that are $8 a box as opposed to $15...And heat management stays the same.

32" Nickel Plated Farida Zanouba. Phunnel/Vortex/Egy
Old April 24th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Zach
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to Zach

Get Exoticas. I use 1/3 of a stick for a bowl. They require a lot of attention though.
Old April 24th, 2012, 06:17 PM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach
Get Exoticas. I use 1/3 of a stick for a bowl. They require a lot of attention though.
Exoticas ash a ton if that's what you mean. However, its a different kind of ash.

Next time use two 1/3 sticks and only move them ever 30 minutes or so. About half the time as cocos. The ash will act as a self insulation. Meaning, DON'T KNOCK OFF ALL THE ASH AT ALL times.

The ash will stick to the coals unless you touch them. Different kind of year management
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Zach
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerndunch110 View Post
Exoticas ash a ton if that's what you mean. However, its a different kind of ash.

Next time use two 1/3 sticks and only move them ever 30 minutes or so. About half the time as cocos. The ash will act as a self insulation. Meaning, DON'T KNOCK OFF ALL THE ASH AT ALL times.

The ash will stick to the coals unless you touch them. Different kind of year management
I don't ash. I do flip them occasionally and whatever falls off I blow off the bowl. I am afraid of the coal going black, which is why I have to flip often. I don't want to risk getting sick. I'll try two exoticas and not touch them, although, I'm afraid that may be too much for my bowl. But I must try it!
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:11 PM
phatdaddy
Hookah Pro

i like exoticas, they perform very well. once you get used to them they are veryy good.
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:33 PM
loverandfrien
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Size doesnt matter .....

Some nats r sold by weight anyways. What you should be concerned with is price/value per bowl(which u r but u went about it differently). Coconara is just expensive for what it is, other brands will give you the same amount for less = value per bowl.
the following coals brands will give your good quality vs value per bowl:

exotica nats (like everyones been saying but i think most of them r just trying to satisfy your request for a larger coal) coco jamra, coco ultimate, kanara.

the last 3 r coconut coals n r all cheaper and r as good as coconara.
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:27 PM
SaraaiKar
Hookah Enthusiast

Exoticas are damn huge. Too much ash for me (during clean up) but they may be what you're looking for.
Old April 25th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Nepats77
Hookah Newbie

Try the new Fantasia Coals. Just bought a box myself and they work great. They are def noticeably larger than naras or any other nattys I've used.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook