Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Licorice/ Ark Sous mixing ideas?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 27th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Jemmay
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Jemmay Send a message via MSN to Jemmay Send a message via Yahoo to Jemmay Send a message via Skype™ to Jemmay
Default Licorice/ Ark Sous mixing ideas?

I just rediscovered my 250g tub of AF Ark Sous and have been experimenting with mixing as anise alone isn't a fantastic flavor. Due to limited creativity, however, I'd love some new ideas on what to do with it. So far the best i've come up with so far is Fantasia Blueberry and AF ark sous with a sprinkle of AF mint. Really interesting flavor.
Old February 27th, 2009, 07:28 AM
FirePro84
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to FirePro84 Send a message via MSN to FirePro84 Send a message via Yahoo to FirePro84
Default Re: Licorice/ Ark Sous mixing ideas?

when i think of licorice i think of Absinthe, Fernet, and Zwack...all of which are herbal type liquors...now personally i cant stand the flavor of black licorice which is why i hate Absinthe, but fernet and zwack have many other flavors to cover up the anise...

i'm thinking maybe some more herbal type flavors to mix with it? maybe cardamom, lemon blossom, root beer, kashmir, jasmine, rose, or apple? *just a guess, i've never tried hookah licorice, but who knows.
Old February 27th, 2009, 10:10 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Ark Sous is a great standalone flavor but if you must mix I would suggest some vanilla. The creamy flavor might mix well w/the anise.
Old February 27th, 2009, 11:45 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i was thinking of trying it with grape to get an arak flavor.
in case you don't know, it's an alcoholic drink made from grapes and anise and has a licorice taste to it, similar to ouzo only not as sweet.
Old February 27th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

First of all real licorice does not taste like anise. This is something I hear a lot so I wanted to point it out. As to Ark Sous what it tastes like depends upon if it's a new or old batch some time between 1 & 2 years ago AF changed the formula to make a fairly ordinary anise like product. If you can find some older Ark Sous you should get it as it had a genuinely real licorice taste with a faintly sweet quality and a tobacco quality in the back ground. It was real real treat unlike anything on the market.
Old February 27th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Jemmay
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Jemmay Send a message via MSN to Jemmay Send a message via Yahoo to Jemmay Send a message via Skype™ to Jemmay

Yeah this tub was manufactured in '05 or '06 if I remember correctly. As you mentioned, it does have a wonderful standalone flavor (IMO) but the people I smoke with just aren't that into it. Vanilla and apple are good ideas-i tried apple today and it tasted like a better version of AF Double Apple. Thanks for all the input!

Edit: Hmm, I think i have some Nakhla Schezerade Cardamom somewhere around here...might have to open it up.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook