Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

New hookah not bubbling

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:53 PM
Zach
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to Zach
Default Re: New hookah not bubbling

try less water, it's too high, and poke more holes. Also, make sure that the bowl and grommet fit.
Old April 24th, 2012, 01:54 AM
phatdaddy
Hookah Pro

the damn seem that connects to the downstem be cracked. at least thatswhat im feelin
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:43 AM
vendettarevived
Hookah Nut

Take step by step pictures. That would help a lot.
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:51 AM
bubby
Hookah Newbie

I do have holes in the foil that would have been a rookie move if I didn't poke holes lol Idk what kind of bowl I think its a modern can someone tell me what kind of hookah this is it looks like a Myanmar qt if it is I might have the wring bowl
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Dan
Hookah Guru

Send a message via MSN to Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Dan

You may need more holes in the foil. Make sure to not overpack or poke holes though the tobacco down into the holes in the bowl. Also check to make sure the purge valve ball actually makes a decent seal. If it doesn't completely fit correct, too much air could leak in there. Sometimes the stock balls fit wrong, try replacing it with a BB pellet of the same size.
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:10 AM
vendettarevived
Hookah Nut

The hookah I believe is the new lighter QT stem on standard QT vase. The bowl is a mod bowl.

Your problem intrigues me. You sure you can't draw any air when you do the leak test?
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:54 AM
jdndaddy
Hookah Master

It's where your downstem connects to the chamber. Take the stem out of the base and put a finger on top to plug where the bowl goes on and draw from the bottom of the stem. Also blow through it while plugging the top (haha), I bet you will feel air rushing out from where the downstem screws in. To fix this get a new o ring or some plumbers tape (the white Teflon tape) and wrap it around the threads on the downstem.

Sent from my iPoop using Forum Runner

[31-01, 21:19] Everythingevil I said I was everything, to that everything is inside me

Last edited by jdndaddy; April 24th, 2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:00 AM
themandelhandle
Hookah Nut

You only poked a few holes, ive seen this done by other people who either think they know wht their doing. More small holes
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:17 AM
loverandfrien
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendettarevived View Post
The hookah I believe is the new lighter QT stem on standard QT vase. The bowl is a mod bowl.

Your problem intrigues me. You sure you can't draw any air when you do the leak test?
I hope this this is a joke or here is what i would reply to that:

Where ever you got your information is wrong, that is certainly not a MYA hookah.

First off QT bases dont come in red, secondly MYA does not make colored stems, Third MYA does not make colored trays, Fourth He wouldnt be using a mod bowl but a standard MYA bowl, Fifth that is not a MYA hose.

Please know what your talking about before your mis-inform, with all due respect. MYA already takes enough shit for being chinese, MYA does not make such garbage (no offense to the owner).
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:29 AM
bubby
Hookah Newbie

I'm on here asking a question bro I dnt care if it is or isn't a mya I'm just trying to fix a problem that obviously I dnt know what's wrong with it
Old April 24th, 2012, 12:52 PM
nubb
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubby View Post
I'm on here asking a question bro I dnt care if it is or isn't a mya I'm just trying to fix a problem that obviously I dnt know what's wrong with it
Read the reply's...They are FULL of good, helpful, suggestions.

Try poking more holes.

It should look something like this
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Luffy
Hookah Nut

I believe in a step by step approach.

Make sure you have checked all piping to be clear and sealed - by blowing air into the stem, hose, hose port, with and without your finger closing the other opening.

Next step would be to put the hookah together, with water, but no bowl or hose. Put your lips on the hose port, sucking in air and see if that bubbles nicely. If it does, maybe your problem is hose related.

If it still doesn't, check the purge valve carefully, maybe that one isn't properly sealed.

If everything fails, submerge your hookah completely into water (including hose - only keep the stem opening and hose tip above water) and blow into the hose. You'll see air bubbles where it leaks.

This is a method for finding air leaks in tires, but I am guessing it will work for hookah aswell.

Last edited by Luffy; April 24th, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old April 24th, 2012, 05:40 PM
vendettarevived
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverandfrien View Post
I hope this this is a joke or here is what i would reply to that:

Where ever you got your information is wrong, that is certainly not a MYA hookah.

First off QT bases dont come in red, secondly MYA does not make colored stems, Third MYA does not make colored trays, Fourth He wouldnt be using a mod bowl but a standard MYA bowl, Fifth that is not a MYA hose.

Please know what your talking about before your mis-inform, with all due respect. MYA already takes enough shit for being chinese, MYA does not make such garbage (no offense to the owner).
You're right. I wasn't trying to ridicule mya btw (I own a QT). I just saw that on my phone and on it, it seemed as if some red light was falling on the stem.
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:05 PM
loverandfrien
Hookah Nut

Quote:
your right and i apologize, i didnt add to your solution so heres my go at it.

Your obviously suffering from a leak, hence the drop in air flow. You will need to find where it is.

First i think your should check your hose. Do this by putting your thumb over one end of the hose and then suck from the other. You shouldnt be able to, if so then here is where your problem is

Next check the pipe. Assemble it as you would but without water or the bowl. Now cover the hole where the bowl goes with your thumb and suck from the hose port. You shouldnt be able to, if so there is where your problem is.

if the hookah has a purge valve make sure that there is a marble of the right size in it.

If your successful at these then the nxt time you set up the hookah make sure no air is passing where your bowl, hose, and stem grommets are. Everything should be an air tight seal.

If these steps dont work, you probably need another hookah as this one is lacking the structural integrity needed to function as one.
Old April 25th, 2012, 09:54 AM
bubby
Hookah Newbie

OK so I set up the hookah yesterday and changed the bowl cuz I had a mod bowl but changed the bowl to a mya hookah head and works perfect now thank you guys for your help I bought the hookah from a shop and everything was wrong on it from gasket to head to hose they suck never going back there lol
Old April 25th, 2012, 10:12 AM
loverandfrien
Hookah Nut

Quote:
OK so I set up the hookah yesterday and changed the bowl cuz I had a mod bowl but changed the bowl to a mya hookah head and works perfect now thank you guys for your help I bought the hookah from a shop and everything was wrong on it from gasket to head to hose they suck never going back there lol
good to know you got it worked out
Share with your friends on facebook