Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

First KM/5Star Order

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 24th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Keary123
Hookah Newbie

Default First KM/5Star Order

I just received my 5Star order today and i'm glad to say that i'm more than pleased. Speedy delivery, i ordered Thursday night and received it at 2pm Monday.
First of all everything was packed nice and tight with plenty of packing peanuts.
They also threw in a couple of Fumari Shisha's for free, which was really nice.
I ordered the KM 28' Full Cast with Jumbo Base.
This is a very nice and sturdy hookah, im guessing the hose it came with is just a standard unwashable KM hose, it has a blue mouth piece.
I noticed a few weird things though, the paint on the base is a little faded, also the inside of the stem seems to be covered in a black residue, i assume a good cleaning will fix this problem, i just haven't gotten to it yet.
I was pleased to see that they threw in a base and stem brush, but should i clean with water or so soap also?
Also do you think my shisha will be fine in plastic tupperware containers? It will be a lot easier then having to stick my whole hand inside the bags the shisha came in.
Also i will be smoking Nak and AF. I have my standard egy for the Nak and a tangiers small phunnel for the AF, but how many cocojamras should i use per bowl? I also have a wind-cover and was wondering the best strategy for its use?
Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old April 24th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Moke
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: First KM/5Star Order

This is a very nice and sturdy hookah, im guessing the hose it came with is just a standard unwashable KM hose, it has a blue mouth piece.

- That is indeed an un-washable KM hose. Probably the pro hose or the rainbow.

I noticed a few weird things though, the paint on the base is a little faded, also the inside of the stem seems to be covered in a black residue, i assume a good cleaning will fix this problem, i just haven't gotten to it yet.

- Typical issues that affect a lot of pipes when first purchased, egyptian vases are also notoriously shotty in quality... comes with the territory sadly.

I was pleased to see that they threw in a base and stem brush, but should i clean with water or so soap also?

- I wouldn't use soap, personally, but using lemon juice and baking soda is a great cleaning solution safe to use on the entire pipe itself. Make sure you scrub inside of the hose/purge port as good as possible along with cleaning the stem.

Also do you think my shisha will be fine in plastic tupperware containers? It will be a lot easier then having to stick my whole hand inside the bags the shisha came in.

- Your tobacco will be fine in tupperware, I've kept pretty much all of my moassel in tupperware for almost 10 years.

Also i will be smoking Nak and AF. I have my standard egy for the Nak and a tangiers small phunnel for the AF, but how many cocojamras should i use per bowl? I also have a wind-cover and was wondering the best strategy for its use?

Probably 2-3 coals for the egyptian depending on size and only using the wind cover to get it started quickly. As for the AF on the phunnel, I don't smoke AF really anymore but I know it's finicky so probably 2 coals and a wind cover. Sporadic use of the wind cover is typically the best and you just gauge the taste until you get a feeling for using it. If it starts to taste burnt, purge and take the cover off. After a while you'll have it down and won't be burning your tobacco's at all.
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Keary123
Hookah Newbie

Thank you for the detailed answer.
Also with the stem do you think a good cleaning will get rid of the residue?
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:56 AM
themandelhandle
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keary123 View Post
Thank you for the detailed answer.
Also with the stem do you think a good cleaning will get rid of the residue?
It should, also, dont make the hookah noob mistake of keeping your tupperware contained shisha in the fridge. And i find AF te best in a vortex but i dont have a phunnel so i would assume its fine. Also as to what moke said about not using soap, its perfectly ok to use just make sure you rinse crazy a lot
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Keary123
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by themandelhandle View Post
It should, also, dont make the hookah noob mistake of keeping your tupperware contained shisha in the fridge. And i find AF te best in a vortex but i dont have a phunnel so i would assume its fine. Also as to what moke said about not using soap, its perfectly ok to use just make sure you rinse crazy a lot
Haha thank you, yeah i had no intentions of putting it in the fridge.
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:38 AM
pluckytom
Hookah Enthusiast

Yeah i use soapy water to clean my km when i don't have lemon juice and baking soda. It should be fine. and i just put my shisha in air tight glass jar i got at walmart for like 1.50. Works like a charm.
Old April 25th, 2012, 03:07 AM
nekoxandu
Hookah Nut

I use mild lemon soap and warm water when cleaning my KM after smoking black leaf out of it, seems to clean the pipe just fine and busts those damn ghost out easily, give it a good rinse and you have a clean happy pipe!

Main Rig: 32 in. Old Skool KM Kafe Medium + White Vortex/Traditional Egy + SS Lounge Pro + Coconaras
Black Leaf Lover. Nak, AF, Nile, Tangiers & Fantasia Smoker
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook