Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

DUD Shishas

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 7th, 2017, 02:11 AM
bigpoppa91
Hookah Newbie

Default DUD Shishas

Hey guys, just curious as to if anyone here has had any personal experiences with DUD shishas. The vast majority of reviews and the like I have found are not in English so I am not aware of what they are saying. I am located in Australia and am finding this particular hobby to be quite difficult as I am restricted as to what I can find locally.

Thanks guys
Old September 7th, 2017, 02:37 AM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns
Default Re: DUD Shishas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpoppa91 View Post
Hey guys, just curious as to if anyone here has had any personal experiences with DUD shishas. The vast majority of reviews and the like I have found are not in English so I am not aware of what they are saying. I am located in Australia and am finding this particular hobby to be quite difficult as I am restricted as to what I can find locally.

Thanks guys
Look very MIG/ Kaya like.....
Heres an English website
https://www.dudshishas.com/shop

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old September 7th, 2017, 02:39 AM
bigpoppa91
Hookah Newbie

Thanks mate, I've already scoured the website as it's only been up for a few days, found it to be quite horrible to be honest. The model names don't match up with the designs. I was more after reviews as I've actually purchased their Phoenix model so was curious to see if anyone had had any first hand experience
Old September 7th, 2017, 03:01 AM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Quote:
Thanks mate, I've already scoured the website as it's only been up for a few days, found it to be quite horrible to be honest. The model names don't match up with the designs. I was more after reviews as I've actually purchased their Phoenix model so was curious to see if anyone had had any first hand experience
^^^^
Sounds like you Do! Post up your own review. Inquiring minds and all that.

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old September 7th, 2017, 03:05 AM
bigpoppa91
Hookah Newbie

I will once I receive it, it's very difficult here in Australia to get anything hookah related. I am just hoping it smokes well.
Old September 7th, 2017, 03:09 AM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Quote:
I will once I receive it, it's very difficult here in Australia to get anything hookah related. I am just hoping it smokes well.
^^^^
Eh, id be surprised otherwise. Ive got a MIG and a couple of Kayas. I doubt it'll be much different. Let us know how it purges. if it under performs, it'll likely be there.

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old September 7th, 2017, 03:11 AM
bigpoppa91
Hookah Newbie

Both MIG and Kaya are virtually impossible to get here apart from importing yourself from overseas, and the prices are ridiculous, well over $500AUD. My understanding is it won't purge at all due to the autoseal system? It has 2 hose ports.
Old September 7th, 2017, 03:15 AM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

On Kayas the hose ports and purges are interchangeable. So i can set it up with a purge and a hose port or two hose ports. Thats not an option with the dud?

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old September 7th, 2017, 03:18 AM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Not that it matters. As long as your heat management is on point, you really dont need a purge anyway.

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old September 7th, 2017, 03:22 AM
bigpoppa91
Hookah Newbie

I'm not sure, like I said I can't find any English information on them. I am a bit worried about it but I'm sure it'll be fine
Old September 7th, 2017, 03:28 AM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Well good luck. Let us know how it works out.

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old September 7th, 2017, 03:49 AM
bigpoppa91
Hookah Newbie

Yeah I will, I'm excited none the less. My current rig is a small KM which smokes like a dream so I have a fallback at least.
Old September 7th, 2017, 08:57 AM
ayeebe
Hookah Newbie

Thumbs up Re: DUD Shishas

World of shisha on Gold Coast sells DUD hookahs. Website down at the moment but Fabian there is very helpful. I have a DUD bowl that is so good for overpacking and is very good quality. Also have a DUD ashplate for my glass hookah same again, great quality.
Old September 7th, 2017, 11:07 AM
s3n0
Hookah Newbie

Just as a colleague wrote above, here is an online shop for Australia:
http://www.worldofshisha.com.au/cont...livery-payment
There is a wide range of different types of water pipes.
Old September 7th, 2017, 12:24 PM
GidroDox
Hookah Nut

They seem to be 'borrowing' designs from other manufacturers.

Pretty sure this stem design is from Amy.

And this is a Dschinni?
Old September 7th, 2017, 01:06 PM
s3n0
Hookah Newbie

There is no patent for the design of the water pipe :-). Many water pipe makers replicate design from other manufacturers. For example, my water pipe Kaya Q7 (German) is identical to Mya QT (American). It mainly depends on the quality of materials used in the production of water pipes (hardened glass, high-quality stainless steel parts, quality of welding or soldering of metal parts, etc.).
Old September 7th, 2017, 05:04 PM
bigpoppa91
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeebe View Post
World of shisha on Gold Coast sells DUD hookahs. Website down at the moment but Fabian there is very helpful. I have a DUD bowl that is so good for overpacking and is very good quality. Also have a DUD ashplate for my glass hookah same again, great quality.
Thanks mate, sorry I probably should of specified that this is who I purchased this from. Im glad you are happy with your DUD gear but still am curious of opinions on the draw, etc.
Old September 7th, 2017, 05:26 PM
GrandmasterHash
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Thanks mate, sorry I probably should of specified that this is who I purchased this from. Im glad you are happy with your DUD gear but still am curious of opinions on the draw, etc.
My friends has one and it's not something I would buy. The draw was way too open for me and I didn't like the opaque base
Old September 7th, 2017, 06:39 PM
bigpoppa91
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmasterHash View Post
My friends has one and it's not something I would buy. The draw was way too open for me and I didn't like the opaque base
That's disappointing to hear. I had to take a chance I guess because it's not like I could borrow a friends because no one I know smokes hookah. I am a bit worried about the opaque base but I'm sure I'll get used to it
Old September 8th, 2017, 03:21 AM
ayeebe
Hookah Newbie

In regards to the draw, if you got a silicone hose with the hookah just squeeze the hose with your left(free) hand and this will restrict the draw. And when you first fill the vase with water use a measuring jug until you find the right level in the vase. Then you will have an idea to put 1200mls or whatever amount in and just experiment from there on how much water to put in the vase. Hope it smokes well for you.
Old September 8th, 2017, 03:42 AM
bigpoppa91
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
In regards to the draw, if you got a silicone hose with the hookah just squeeze the hose with your left(free) hand and this will restrict the draw. And when you first fill the vase with water use a measuring jug until you find the right level in the vase. Then you will have an idea to put 1200mls or whatever amount in and just experiment from there on how much water to put in the vase. Hope it smokes well for you.
Yeah it comes with a silicon hose plus I have a really good one I'm currently using, I've never smoked anything that isn't a KM so I'm not really sure what to expect from an open draw. And I was planning on doing that with the base I just kind of like watching the smoke in the base but I think I'll get over that
Old September 8th, 2017, 04:06 AM
ayeebe
Hookah Newbie

I have a Nargilem and the draw is more open than my KM, but I still like it, very easy to smoke. If you have a KM put your silicone hose on it and just try squeezing the hose and you'll see how you can restrict the draw. Some think it is better to have more open draw because you can always restrict it but if the pipe already has a tight draw you can't open it up
Old September 8th, 2017, 04:09 AM
bigpoppa91
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
I have a Nargilem and the draw is more open than my KM, but I still like it, very easy to smoke. If you have a KM put your silicone hose on it and just try squeezing the hose and you'll see how you can restrict the draw. Some think it is better to have more open draw because you can always restrict it but if the pipe already has a tight draw you can't open it up
My current rig is quite a small KM so my understanding was it was quite restrictive anyway. Totally understand that it would be easier to restrict the draw I was worried that due to the autoseal system the draw would be super restrictive but all reports lead to that the draw will still be open
Old September 8th, 2017, 04:19 AM
ayeebe
Hookah Newbie

If there is a ball in the hose port for auto seal, take it out, otherwise you can't purge if you choose. Leave balls in unused hose ports and purge port. I only put balls in all hose ports when I have visitors because I don't want their breath in my hookah.
Old September 8th, 2017, 04:21 AM
bigpoppa91
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
If there is a ball in the hose port for auto seal, take it out, otherwise you can't purge if you choose. Leave balls in unused hose ports and purge port. I only put balls in all hose ports when I have visitors because I don't want their breath in my hookah.
I never purge anyway so shouldn't be a problem, and I only smoke alone
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook