Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Lets compare cultures

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 4th, 2017, 07:29 PM
GidroDox
Hookah Nut

Default Lets compare cultures

I know most people her are probably from USA. But I am sure some people aren't.

I know hookah smoking cultures differ greatly by region. I think I'd be fun to hear about other cultures and compare.

Do people smoke a lot of hookah where you're from? Do they go to lounges? Are those people young/old, rich/poor, natives/immigrants? Do they like strong shisha? Do they use heat management devices? Modern hookahs? ect.
Old April 6th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Gnome
Hookah Master

Default Re: Lets compare cultures

mmmmnh, it a nice idea to make a comparison, but its just goingta make me feel bad about my culture...
Old April 6th, 2017, 12:16 PM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
mmmmnh, it a nice idea to make a comparison, but its just goingta make me feel bad about my culture...
^^^^
Oh Silly Gnome, if youre uhappy with your culture..... change your swab!

Friggin Eric Hofmann

Last edited by carnalnclynatns; April 6th, 2017 at 12:21 PM.
Old April 6th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Sexykoukoubagia
Hookah Newbie

I am from Greece and the few last years it has become a fashion so a lot of people smoke hookah here, also we have incredibly many hookah lounges in greece.... probably arround 5-6 in every suburn.... but we are quite back in things, for example you will never see coco coals in hookah lounges also, only al fakher and panorama from brands...
Old April 7th, 2017, 03:59 AM
Sultan Shisha
Hookah Nut

In West Africa here, hookah is a new trending culture and criticized by the old but fascinating to the youths. Few hookah lounges around this country (Nigeria), I've seen just one. And mostly Chinese hookahs with limited flavors (mostly Al Fakher and Mazaya flavors). Hardly you see natural coals around here. To cut the long story short; of all my friends, I'm the only one into "hookah thangs" and so it is difficult to assess the good quality hookah products around here.
Old April 7th, 2017, 07:38 AM
GidroDox
Hookah Nut

Here in the UK smoking hookah in lounges has been a thing for a while. However, the quality has never evolved. We do get natural lemon coals, but only AF tobacco, often with unwashable hoses. Lounges are mostly in the Arabic district with some scattered across central London, where they can get much more expensive, up to like $80 for the most basic option, but the quality seldom increases with the price. You see a mix of young people and old Arabic people. Smoking at home isn't really a big thing.

Last edited by GidroDox; April 7th, 2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old April 7th, 2017, 09:11 AM
GidroDox
Hookah Nut

In Latvia shisha has become much more popular in recent years. There is a reasonably large amount of lounges for a place that small. We like modern hookahs and get decent variety of tobaccos. Smoking at home isn't as big, cause its hard to find non AF tobacco in shops. Smoking hookah is considered glamorous and done almost exclusively by young people. This is mostly fueled by our proximity to Russia where hookah is in its golden age. St Peterburg, for example, has literally hundreds of hookah lounges.
Old April 7th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Abstheguy
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GidroDox View Post
Here in the UK smoking hookah in lounges has been a thing for a while. However, the quality has never evolved. We do get natural lemon coals, but only AF tobacco, often with unwashable hoses. Lounges are mostly in the Arabic district with some scattered across central London, where they can get much more expensive, up to like $80 for the most basic option, but the quality seldom increases with the price. You see a mix of young people and old Arabic people. Smoking at home isn't really a big thing.

I live in Manchester its very big here usually lounges have starbuzz al falkher and fantasia and sometimes fumari also there are huge lounges here that young people go to that are always packed and then there are small ones where mostly older people go they use natural coconut coals also you see all races of people its very mixed here
Old April 7th, 2017, 04:32 PM
GrandmasterHash
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstheguy View Post
I live in Manchester its very big here usually lounges have starbuzz al falkher and fantasia and sometimes fumari also there are huge lounges here that young people go to that are always packed and then there are small ones where mostly older people they use natural coconut coals
Yeah the Manny shisha scene is alright. Lot's of new tobacco brands hitting the UK recently too so maybe we won't be smoking starbuzz for much longer
Old April 8th, 2017, 06:31 PM
GidroDox
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstheguy View Post
I live in Manchester its very big here usually lounges have starbuzz al falkher and fantasia and sometimes fumari also there are huge lounges here that young people go to that are always packed and then there are small ones where mostly older people go they use natural coconut coals also you see all races of people its very mixed here
Sorry, that was presumptuous of me, I should've said London, not the entire UK.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook