Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Is KM still the go-to for hookahs?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 6th, 2017, 08:04 PM
Damir
Hookah Newbie

Default Is KM still the go-to for hookahs?

Ok, so from what I see, many of you aren't people I used to post with when I was active on my old account (username D_G...can't remember my password). I recently got back into hookah after a bit of a break. Never got rid of my setup though. Khalil Mamoon oxidized Beast stem, jumbo base, KM rustproof hose, medium Tangiers phunnel and XL wind cover. I have recently gotten a decent offer for the set up and as much as I love my current, I would love a new hookah.

So with that said, is KM still the go to choice for hookahs or should I look into something better?
Old January 6th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Juggy
Hookah Master

Default Re: Is KM still the go-to for hookahs?

Your fine, if you want something new, that's fine too. Brand doesn't really matter imo just a good brass egy, Syrian, or Turk that you think is pretty. I super enjoy megaheds just because their cheap as hell and always quality, that said about half my pipes are nameless...

Welcome back, it seems that we all come home.
Old January 6th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Damir
Hookah Newbie

Yea. I was just wondering if there's a newer tried and true rig people recommend these days as when I was a noob in hookah, everyone said KM.

Where in the world is everyone though? This place used to be packed with new posts 4/5 years back
Old January 6th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Juggy
Hookah Master

Dying
Old January 6th, 2017, 09:49 PM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns

Yep...

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old January 6th, 2017, 11:01 PM
Juggy
Hookah Master

We're all just holding out for the railroad to be built so people come back through town...
Old January 6th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Mr_Stubbes
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
Dying
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnclynatns View Post
Yep...
Unfortunately that appears to be the current state of things, hopefully that will change though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir View Post
Yea. I was just wondering if there's a newer tried and true rig people recommend these days as when I was a noob in hookah, everyone said KM.
As for the current "favorites" Shika Hookahs have really grown in popularity, they're Egyptian hookahs that use some traditional elements (Turkish/Syrian/etc) to style their pipes. I will say some of them really do look stunning but the hefty price tag has stopped me from ever owning one. That being said there are cheaper priced models, but I don't find them as appealing.

There has also been a rise of aluminum hookahs that some people enjoy, but I feel they're more hype than sustenance. Examples are the Starbuzz MIA and Zahrah.

Honestly I don't think there is just one tried and true hookah out there. There are tons of options to choose from and it really just comes too preference.
Old January 18th, 2017, 06:37 AM
HiToKiRi
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Your fine, if you want something new, that's fine too. Brand doesn't really matter imo just a good brass egy, Syrian, or Turk that you think is pretty.
This.

The perception that KM's smoke (or perform) better than any other Hookah's is nothing but a myth IMO.
I mean my small, 10 year old generic Egyptian "travel" hookah smokes just as well, if not better than my KM's.

As long as the hookah is decently put together and is airtight then one is good to go.
Things like the type of bowl, brand/type of coals, brand/type of shisha, packing methods etc are way more significant to a smoke session than the type or brand of Hookah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir View Post
Where in the world is everyone though? This place used to be packed with new posts 4/5 years back
Well it seems you were also gone for a while so we could ask you the same question.
You're right though, this forum is a lot quieter than it used to be.

Quote:
Dying
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnclynatns View Post
Yep...
I myself have also only recently started coming here again after a long hiatus....to be honest I've probably only logged on a handful of times in the last 2 or 3 years but that's primarily due to adulthood i.e. family responsibilities (marriage, kids etc).

That being said I never stopped smoking Hookah though. I enjoy Hookah way too much to give it up.
What worries me though is that our beloved leader also seems to be scarce. Does anyone know how it's going with him? I PM'd him a few days ago but he's yet to reply.
Sambooka was very passionate about this site and everything Hookah a few years back and was the driving force behind the HookahPro community growth.

Sadly I don't see that anymore.

I believe he is a husband and a father now so just like many of us he's probably just damn busy with life and HookahPro has to take a back seat for a while but it would be nice to hear from him more often.

Last edited by HiToKiRi; January 18th, 2017 at 06:41 AM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook