Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Buying My Second Hookah!! HELP PLEASE :)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 2nd, 2015, 11:35 PM
qbanboy
Hookah Newbie

Default Buying My Second Hookah!! HELP PLEASE :)

Waz up guys im a newbie (virgin ) here on the forum!!! I found a lot of good information so I decided to create an account an create my first post!!!

I recently bought my first hookah from a local store, by reading some of the post I came to realize that my hookah has a high percentage of being a fake @ss Chinese hookah and I can see the rust now , but to be my first one it has done pretty good. Im spending to much money now buying accessories to improve the smoke quality and get bigger clouds, so I have made the decision to buy me a new "REAL HOOKAH" I've read online about Egyptian hookahs but there are way to many option. so if you guys could recommend where to go and which one I should buy I would really appreciate it. Im looking for a two hoses hookah and im trying to stay under the $200 if that's even possible .
Old March 2nd, 2015, 11:42 PM
mooshdavis
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Buying My Second Hookah!! HELP PLEASE :)

Why two hose if I may ask?

As for sites to buy from: Ultimatehookah, 5starhookah ect (check out our supported vendors)

$200 is a decent budget. 5star has a Km mini beast on sale right now for $65. I have one and its a damn good little pipe. If you went that route, you could get a nice hose, bowl, coals and so on.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 12:01 AM
Mr_Stubbes
Hookah Master

First off welcome to HP!

Now on to the hookah. I want to start out by saying that while multi hose hookahs may seem appealing but they tend to have more issues than a single hose hookah. Even though there are multiple hoses only one person can smoke at a time and those you aren't need to remember to cover the hose's mouth tip with there thumb or a stopper. Generally speaking more hoses increase the chance of a leak which will hinder cloud output. if you are in a situation where you would need another hose (or hoses) it would be easier to just have another single hose hookah.

Moving on, with a budget of $200 there are many great Egyptian hookah options, and we can help you find one. Besides the number of hoses is there anything else you are looking for in a pipe? Do you want one that's tall or short? Do you want something that's light weight like stainless steel or do you want something with more weight and durabilty like brass?

Also you mentioned that you've bought accessories, are there still some you might need, like a windcover fo example?
Old March 3rd, 2015, 12:17 AM
Jonesies
Hookah Master

also, are you looking to have this shipped within the united states or to somewhere else? that can affect the suggestions we give you.

PM The_boo for more information.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 12:41 AM
One Small Voice
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooshdavis View Post

As for sites to buy from: Ultimatehookah, 5starhookah ect (check out our supported vendors)

$200 is a decent budget. 5star has a Km mini beast on sale right now for $65. I have one and its a damn good little pipe. If you went that route, you could get a nice hose, bowl, coals and so on.
Moosh is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Stubbes View Post
First off welcome to HP!

Now on to the hookah. I want to start out by saying that while multi hose hookahs may seem appealing but they tend to have more issues than a single hose hookah. Even though there are multiple hoses only one person can smoke at a time and those you aren't need to remember to cover the hose's mouth tip with there thumb or a stopper. Generally speaking more hoses increase the chance of a leak which will hinder cloud output. if you are in a situation where you would need another hose (or hoses) it would be easier to just have another single hose hookah.

Moving on, with a budget of $200 there are many great Egyptian hookah options, and we can help you find one. Besides the number of hoses is there anything else you are looking for in a pipe? Do you want one that's tall or short? Do you want something that's light weight like stainless steel or do you want something with more weight and durabilty like brass?

Also you mentioned that you've bought accessories, are there still some you might need, like a windcover fo example?
Mr_Stubbes is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesies View Post
also, are you looking to have this shipped within the united states or to somewhere else? that can affect the suggestions we give you.
Jonesies is right.

$200 is more than enough to get everything you need for a great smoke.
The pipe Moosh suggested is a very good one, and that's a very good price for it. If we have a better idea of where you are and what you're looking for in a pipe (see Mr_Stubbes' questions), we'll be better able to point you in the right direction.

You really don't want a multi-hose pipe. As far as accessories go, most of them are gimmicks. All you really need are a good bowl, a good hose and a wind cover. Here is some boilerplate on accessories. Before you spend any money on bowls, you should probably follow the link to the boilerplate on bowls, too.

Get yourself the basics, then we'll get you smoking better than any gimmicks can. Start with a pipe and a bowl, and forget about the fiddlers three.

Old March 3rd, 2015, 12:37 PM
Gnome
Hookah Master

I can toss many many options at yah, but besides you price range, what does you style lean twords? Are looking for something with a simplistic and "zen"/clean design, something with a thick many looking severity ...or something with intricate engravings and sumptuous details?
Old March 3rd, 2015, 04:49 PM
PeteyPete
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:

Is this $65, stem only? It's in the monthly specials section. They don't specify on the site, either way it's a hell of a deal.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 05:33 PM
Leadfoot
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyPete View Post
Is this $65, stem only? It's in the monthly specials section. They don't specify on the site, either way it's a hell of a deal.
Pretty sure it's a "full set" that comes without a bowl and probably a pretty cheap wooden handle hose. Based on the picture at least.

Last edited by Leadfoot; March 3rd, 2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 06:02 PM
mooshdavis
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyPete View Post
From the email I got it seems it's the whole shebang. I think it's a damn good deal.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 06:51 PM
qbanboy
Hookah Newbie

Wow I can't believe how many people actually replied, I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help me. So let's get down to business!!

-shipping to US
-looking for a durable hookah ( I see rust on mine after 2 months )
-big clouds is out thing
-I don't need two hoses
-I don't have a wind stopper
-I only use it when I have people coming over to play games or watch a movie
- trying to stay away form that harsh smoke

Thank you guys, I hope this helps!!
Old March 3rd, 2015, 06:55 PM
mooshdavis
Hookah Aficionado

Big clouds and harsh smoke has to do with heat management, the coals you use and the tobacco you use. Not the pipe itself.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 07:06 PM
qbanboy
Hookah Newbie

I'm using the coconut and putting two coals! Maybe I need to stop watchingnyourube videos hahahah a I see them making huge clouds and i get pissed cus I'm only getting average clouds
Old March 3rd, 2015, 07:47 PM
Gnome
Hookah Master

you have so many good options out there
...i shall spin the wheel of randomness and toss this option to yah

http://5starhookah.com/Mini-Farida-Gold-FMIG.htm

wucha think?
Old March 3rd, 2015, 07:58 PM
qbanboy
Hookah Newbie

Do I need to buy a new hose or that's a pretty good hose? It looks good to me, if you recommend that one I would buy it lol
Old March 3rd, 2015, 08:49 PM
mooshdavis
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbanboy View Post
Do I need to buy a new hose or that's a pretty good hose? It looks good to me, if you recommend that one I would buy it lol
You should probably buy a new hose. Most stock hoses are not washable. I suggest Asli, Nogoom, Social Smoke Pro Lounge...
Old March 3rd, 2015, 09:01 PM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns

Quote:
You should probably buy a new hose. Most stock hoses are not washable. I suggest Asli, Nogoom, Social Smoke Pro Lounge...
^^^ yep, moosh's advice is sound
Old March 3rd, 2015, 09:06 PM
Gnome
Hookah Master

Quote:
if you recommend that one I would buy it lol
I can pretty much recommend any Firida, Megahed or solid Magdy Zidan (for the short list)
Old March 3rd, 2015, 09:39 PM
hamradiohookah
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
I can pretty much recommend any Firida, Megahed or solid Magdy Zidan (for the short list)
Listen to Gnome. IMHO, there are two questions when buying a hookah...

1) What material? If the answer isn't brass, I usually pass. But SS is also okay.
2) Is it solid? Hollow hookahs IMO definitely don't last as long.

Megahed and Faridas you don't have to worry about this.
MZs you do, but it's pretty easy to spot.

If I was dropping $200 on a pipe right now, I'd definitely either pick up a Farida Mini Gem, a Omar Mini Kamanja wiith Boho(I know it's $219, but it's gorgeous and with the Bohemian crystal base), or a nice MZ (have Gnome recommend one because my MZ knowledge is limited)
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:27 PM
mooshdavis
Hookah Aficionado

I would not suggest spending the whole $200 on the pipe. Chances are if he got the first pipe in a small smoke shop, the hose and bowl are no good. To get a decent bowl and hose is about $40.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:30 PM
qbanboy
Hookah Newbie

Im still trying to define what material would be best, like I said before this would be more like a party/hang out hookah with a couple of friends. Ive also taken it out to my friends house a few times. Something with a cool design that looks good would be nice. I don't want to drop the $200 on just the hookah, im thinking stay between the $100-$150 max for the hookah.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:31 PM
qbanboy
Hookah Newbie

How about something like this one?/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Khalil-Mamoo...item2ede5eb1cc
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:35 PM
qbanboy
Hookah Newbie

I just bough a couple of days ago the vortex bowl tribal, I hope this was a good buy ;/

bowl.PNG
Attached Thumbnails
bowl.PNG  
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:41 PM
hamradiohookah
Hookah Pro

Probably my 3rd rule: No oxidized. It's just paint, paint that will chip and peel off.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 11:00 PM
PeteyPete
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
I just bough a couple of days ago the vortex bowl tribal, I hope this was a good buy ;/

bowl.PNG
That looks like a mod vortex, most likely slip-cast. You would get better heat distribution out of red, or brown clay, and stoneware. For starting out, you should pick up a traditional Egyptian clay bowl (size of your preference Med/ or Large), and a stoneware funnel (probably a small or med). I'll try to dig up some links.

Stoneware funnels :
http://ultimatehookah.com/Tangiers-M...Bowls-TMPB.htm
http://5starhookah.com/OG-Predator-M...Bowl-OGMPR.htm

Egyptian clay :
http://www.texashookah.com/images/egyptianbowl.htm

Last edited by PeteyPete; March 3rd, 2015 at 11:07 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 11:08 PM
Mr_Stubbes
Hookah Master

Quote:
How about something like this one?/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Khalil-Mamoo...item2ede5eb1cc
Southsmoke has the same one for $99.99. Plus they are a supporting vendor so there's a discount code.

http://www.southsmoke.com/pd-khalil-...zed-hookah.cfm

As Ham mentioned oxidized hookahs are just painted and it will eventually wear off, this especially goes for KM's. Hell just looking at a KM causes the oxidize to wear off.....
Share with your friends on facebook