Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

CL find: does this look legit

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:46 AM
Unpredicable
Banned

Default CL find: does this look legit

Found this on Craigslist cant determine if its Syrian or Egyptian but its deff not made in China. Question is, Is his worth 150?

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/for/3491893937.html
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:56 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Default Re: CL find: does this look legit

Looks Turkish No Purge and male style Bowl.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:01 AM
jdndaddy
Hookah Master

Not worth 150 imo. One thing to consider is hose port looks really tiny as well. For that price you could get an Elmas 628.

Sent from my iPoop using Forum Runner

[31-01, 21:19] Everythingevil I said I was everything, to that everything is inside me
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:29 AM
INCUBUSRATM
Hookah Nut

Turkish or Tunisian. Not worth $150, as it looks quite hollow.

Former Hookah Collection: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49468
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:18 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

Leaning towards tunisian maybe lebonese not worth price tag
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:02 PM
Colbz13
Banned

It's not tunesian, they have attatched trays 99% of the time. Tunesian a have purges also. That hose port looks Lebanese to me. Old style. Very small. No purge. I'd say its an older Lebanese.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:02 PM
cyber wolf
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbz13 View Post
It's not tunesian, they have attatched trays 99% of the time. Tunesian a have purges also. That hose port looks Lebanese to me. Old style. Very small. No purge. I'd say its an older Lebanese.
idk man, lebanese pipes usually aren't that decorative..
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:08 PM
michaelsteele
Hookah Guru

First, they have the ash tray on unside down. Second, I'd guess it is a Turkish hookah, based on small port and deep ash tray. I have a 40 year old Turkish hookah which is a hollow stem stainless steel and a much deeper tray than I've ever seen on Egys, Syrians, Lebanese hookahs. So my vote goes for a Turkish hookah, dispite the fact it looks more Egyptian than Turkish. And I have more votes than you guys! It definately is not worth 150 samolies.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:25 PM
Alby
Hookah Master

Haggle that price down to 70-80 TOPS. it is a used pipe and if it is indeed Turkish (I can't open this for some reason) then it's not worth 150. Only a used first gen AF Solid is worth around 150, as far as used pipes go.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:36 PM
HellSpawn
Hookah Master

Quote:
I have to go with this, although I've never seen a Lebanese pipe that is so decorative, not to imply they don't make decorative pipes. My best guess is Lebanese, regardless.

Is it worth $150? I say no. It looks like it's probably hollow stainless steel, not to say it's a bad pipe, just I wouldn't give $150 for it. If I really liked it, the most I'd probably go on it is $80, and even that's a bit generous and assuming I really wanted a Lebanese pipe to begin with.

For $150, you can do much better than this pipe.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 06:57 PM
Unpredicable
Banned

I didnt contact the guy or make an offer on it lol i was just curious as to what it was :-( there isnt much to find on CL im hoping to find a nawras for 150 or less but im slowly giving up and leaning toward the spear :-( perhaps i should get the little 27" nour instead :-( and add a dragon flip bowl for more height.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:01 PM
Alby
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpredicable View Post
I didnt contact the guy or make an offer on it lol i was just curious as to what it was :-( there isnt much to find on CL im hoping to find a nawras for 150 or less but im slowly giving up and leaning toward the spear :-( perhaps i should get the little 27" nour instead :-( and add a dragon flip bowl for more height.
If you haven't bought the flip bowl, I will tell you a Nawras plus some standard bowls like an Egyptian kicks the ass of a Nour plus a flip for the price value.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:07 PM
Unpredicable
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
If you haven't bought the flip bowl, I will tell you a Nawras plus some standard bowls like an Egyptian kicks the ass of a Nour plus a flip for the price value.

Is a flip bowl worth the 30-40$ pricetag it brings? at the moment my eyes are on the nawras i just have to wait till my base Tray arrives to see if the nawras would match it.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:09 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

The tray makes me say no to tunisian, and lets be honest, there's not that many in the US, to the point where I wouldn't even suggest that as an answer unless it was obviously not from a major producer.

If you look at the shaft, it has tell tale signs of being a lower end syrian/lebanese hookah, with the cylindrical sections and what not. Both Syrians and Lebanese hookahs can have "intricate" designs, its not as if they are so different. Save for some stand out models from each country, not many could just see a list of "generic" models and tell you 100% which one was from Syria or Lebanon, its a very small region with a shared identity, some of the Lebanese might argue until you ask him how their Syrian first cousins are doing. In the end, you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right.

When it comes to the stand out syrian models, its easy to tell, of course. But Syria makes a lot of crap indistinguishable from Lebanese crap, but at the same time very distinguishable from Egyptian crap.

Now what I did was actually e-mail the guy, via the e-mail contact option, and he said he got it from Lebanon, so we do have purchase location, and a likely manufactured location, but sadly, you can't discount the fact the hookah could have been made in the Syrian capital and shipped a mere 2 hour drive to Lebanese capital where it was sold/distributed.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:21 PM
Colbz13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
The tray makes me say no to tunisian, and lets be honest, there's not that many in the US, to the point where I wouldn't even suggest that as an answer unless it was obviously not from a major producer.

If you look at the shaft, it has tell tale signs of being a lower end syrian/lebanese hookah, with the cylindrical sections and what not. Both Syrians and Lebanese hookahs can have "intricate" designs, its not as if they are so different. Save for some stand out models from each country, not many could just see a list of "generic" models and tell you 100% which one was from Syria or Lebanon, its a very small region with a shared identity, some of the Lebanese might argue until you ask him how their Syrian first cousins are doing. In the end, you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right.

When it comes to the stand out syrian models, its easy to tell, of course. But Syria makes a lot of crap indistinguishable from Lebanese crap, but at the same time very distinguishable from Egyptian crap.

Now what I did was actually e-mail the guy, via the e-mail contact option, and he said he got it from Lebanon, so we do have purchase location, and a likely manufactured location, but sadly, you can't discount the fact the hookah could have been made in the Syrian capital and shipped a mere 2 hour drive to Lebanese capital where it was sold/distributed.
No wonder there's a war going on. They are arguing over who made that pipe!
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:41 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
No wonder there's a war going on. They are arguing over who made that pipe!
Lol well, if only all of the problems in the Levant were that simple.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook