Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah magazine?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 9th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Fickfack09
Hookah Newbie

Default Hookah magazine?

I don't know if such a thing exists but don't you all think it would be cool to get a subscription for a hookah mag? i think this site should have one! vendor discounts for the month new hookah news maybe some home made or personal tips. i just like the thought of having a physical mag and the forum...would be cool..id pay like $25 for 6-12 months..thoughts or knowledge of such zines?
Old December 9th, 2011, 01:57 PM
StStephen
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Hookah magazine?

I've never heard of one, but I feel like there honestly isn't enough hookah news to fill a magazine...maybe like 4 times a year or something but then a lot of it would be old news. That said it would be pretty cool haha
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:06 PM
jdndaddy
Hookah Master

i've seen a couple of online hookah mags, they were kind of stupid though

[31-01, 21:19] Everythingevil I said I was everything, to that everything is inside me
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:20 PM
krz
Hookah Newbie

yeah as cool as it would be i don't think there would be much material for it ):
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:34 PM
ovation4what
Hookah Aficionado

there was talk of making one on this forum back in like july. they guy disapeare from the forum tho. it was going to be like 4 times a year. would cover if anything new came out. new models for the year. any new flavor. readers rig. tricks and tips, and the something of a rarity piece like a special moassel or odd old hookah. fell apart tho
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:40 PM
battousai
Hookah Nut

I would be interested. It would be a good read for sure.
Old December 9th, 2011, 09:14 PM
HellSpawn
Hookah Master

It's a cool idea, but there just isn't enough going on in the hookah industry to fill a magazine. The most that really goes on within the entire year is a few companies will release new flavors, new hoses, and new coals. Interesting stuff when it happens, but far too little to fill a magazine without cramming it with old news like about phunnels and ads trying to get us to buy Starbuzz.
Old December 10th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Fickfack09
Hookah Newbie

hmm while i do agree that there isnt enough info i think the 4 times a year thing would be really cool...even if its somewhat novelty
Old December 10th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Everythingevil
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to Everythingevil

Yeah, I could see not having enough new info to fill a magazine every month or even 4 a year, annual or bi-annual might work though... And I suppose even if there isn't enough "new" material to fill a magazine there's always some of those lesser discussed smoking techniques. It could also be a good way to spread the idea that there is more to smoking hookah than fruity flavored shit in a can.

18" Social Smoke Junior, 25" Social Smoke Czar, 32" KM Trimetal, 34" KM World Cup.
Tangiers Horchata, DM Khus, AF Soft Black, Nak Zag/Kahn, Nak DA, Jurak.
Old December 10th, 2011, 09:23 PM
IMCarnochan
Romeo

So you wont be accepting starbuzz as an advertiser? They could fill half the mag with glossies.
Old December 10th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Mark8n
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everythingevil
Yeah, I could see not having enough new info to fill a magazine every month or even 4 a year, annual or bi-annual might work though... And I suppose even if there isn't enough "new" material to fill a magazine there's always some of those lesser discussed smoking techniques. It could also be a good way to spread the idea that there is more to smoking hookah than fruity flavored shit in a can.
Teach me the ways of the lesser discussed smoking techniques
Old December 10th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Mike
Hookah Enthusiast

I agree with everyone's thoughts about not having enough new material.. But that is only because of what we actually do get to see here in the states. In all honesty, there is actually a war going on in the hookah industry in other parts of the world that most of us know nothing about. To say there is not enough material for a magazine is not completely true. It would just depend on the material to be published... Anyway, for now I would suggest looking elsewhere for something like this. One good place to turn is online Blogs. I know of some that focus on some of the areas you mentioned you'd like to see. Just a matter of searching is all.

Smoke On!!!

Old December 10th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Everythingevil
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark8n View Post
Teach me the ways of the lesser discussed smoking techniques
What I mean by lesser discussed smoking technique is not that I know something any of you don't, that would be far from the truth to say the least... By this I mean that there are ways of smoking and things for smoking most people in the western world have never heard about, let alone thought of trying.

18" Social Smoke Junior, 25" Social Smoke Czar, 32" KM Trimetal, 34" KM World Cup.
Old December 10th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Everythingevil
Hookah Aficionado

In fact on the same lines, how many people in the western world would even know what to do with tombac or Jurak? How many average American hookah smokers have ever seen or know what a Saloum bowl is used for? How many people in america do you think know what black leaf tobacco even is? How many people know what the leaf from the plant that they smoke in their little paper tubes every day even looks like?

Old December 11th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Fickfack09
Hookah Newbie

ok lol once a year.
Old December 11th, 2011, 04:55 PM
jdndaddy
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everythingevil View Post
In fact on the same lines, how many people in the western world would even know what to do with tombac or Jurak? How many average American hookah smokers have ever seen or know what a Saloum bowl is used for? How many people in america do you think know what black leaf tobacco even is? How many people know what the leaf from the plant that they smoke in their little paper tubes every day even looks like?
or how to use poop in place of coal, i'd read that article

[31-01, 21:19] Everythingevil I said I was everything, to that everything is inside me
Old December 11th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Shortee0312
Hookah Newbie

It would be awesome if there were magazines, I totally would sub to them!
Old December 11th, 2011, 10:05 PM
idwtmat0312
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everythingevil View Post
Tombac, Jurak, Saloum bowl? You're speakin a foreign language to me buddy. In fact... most of this makes no sense to me at all. Oh the perks of being a hookah newbie.

I'd like to see a hookah magazine or webzine that was more geared towards the traditional tobaccos and culture. It would be awesome to have a one stop place to read to educate myself about these things... rather than doing an extensive forum search!

Mya QT // Shitty Chinese Pumpkin // 28" Awlad Sarhan Fikriyah
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook