Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

No flavour

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 9th, 2011, 01:00 PM
6480jojo
Hookah Newbie

Default No flavour

Hi all. I have a problem don't know why, but i get no flavour at all. No matter what tobacco what coals what bowl (standard in different sizes and vortex) and what holes do i poke i have only little flavour sometime and then only that coal taste. I have flavour only from Mint tobaccos. I am using Sheecool hookah. Can somebody help me please put the flavour to the front? Thank you...
Old December 9th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Dan
Hookah Guru

Send a message via MSN to Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Dan
Default Re: No flavour

There are so many variables that could be the issue. Cleanliness of the stem, bowl and hoses is one. Too many coals, or too many holes in the foil, even how you are packing your bowls. If you don't use enough shisha, you won't get good enough flavor.

I looked up your hookah, and it somewhat bothers me that the hookah itself comes with pre-loaded liquid in the base. This liquid could be causing your lose flavor. I would assume they would use a water, but if not, this liquid could have been from a bad batch.

Could also be the brand of shisha you are using. Might not have great flavor to begin with.

Edit: After looking them up more, I see the liquid isn't what filters the smoke. I would say you are either looking shisha issue< not enough liquid in base, or the coals you are using burning too much.

Last edited by Dan; December 9th, 2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old December 9th, 2011, 01:30 PM
6480jojo
Hookah Newbie

I have this one.
http://www.shisha-palace.at/images/S...-Serration.jpg
Its with gel not liqiud but it doesnt matter because you load the base with normal water from tap. The gel doesn't touch the water. The gel is there instead of ice. But anyways i tried to poke only few holes and different styles of that. I have good smoke so i dont think it is issue with holes. The cleanliness of the stem... it is clean cause i clean it every time i have used my hookah. Also hoses are new and clean. Right now i use AF Melon. I Have tried NAK Apricot and also MacBaren Apple. No change at all. I load tobacco few milimeters under the foil and spread it easily. I will tried to put the more, hope it will not harsh too much because i got sometime harsh smoke eventhou there is not a flavour.
Old December 9th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Pirate_Freder
Hookah Enthusiast

Drunkentso- the liquid that it comes with is between layers of the base and independent from the water you put in to smoke. it is the material that you freeze, they don't shipped with water in the base

6480jojo- look up videos on how to pack and foil the bowls you are using. as far as coals go most bowls will use 2-3. Make sure that your water level is 1-2 inches above the bottom of the stem. clean your hookah(with vinegar and baking soda if necessary) base, stem, and hose port; and if your hose is definitely washable clean it too. check back afterwards
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:11 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Cold reduces flavor. If you are freezing the base I would suggest not doing so or adding any ice.

Cigarettes kill the sense of flavor and smell. If you smoke them quit.
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:23 PM
jdndaddy
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Cold reduces flavor. If you are freezing the base I would suggest not doing so or adding any ice.
that would explain why your only getting flavor from mint shishas

[31-01, 21:19] Everythingevil I said I was everything, to that everything is inside me
Old December 9th, 2011, 07:29 PM
imy300
Hookah Nut

recently had problems with flavour as well. make sure you give everything a good cleaning, hose grommets the lot. Then work on heat management, i started to use a wind cover and that makes a big difference - dont know why i didn't use it before !
Old December 12th, 2011, 11:45 AM
6480jojo
Hookah Newbie

I tried everything mentioned. No change. Hookah is clean it doesn't smell and the stem is shiny. I will try next week to use wind cover because i dont have it home so i hope it will help because i have a feeling like i am smoking only coal. No tobacco flavour there.
Old December 12th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Mark8n
Hookah Nut

If your only smoking coal you wouldn't get any clouds
Old December 12th, 2011, 12:21 PM
6480jojo
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark8n View Post
If your only smoking coal you wouldn't get any clouds
Yea i know but the flavour is only like coal, no tobacco there. It was only figuratively.
Old December 12th, 2011, 12:48 PM
AcTiOnJaCkSoN
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to AcTiOnJaCkSoN

There is definitely a lot that could the result from this, but from my prior experience I had a hose that had been ghosted. I tried cleaning my hookah perfectly, proper heat management , everything I could think of. I finally bought a narbish hose and it was night and day. I was surprised how bad my the hose was ghosted, and how little of time it took for that to happen.
Old December 12th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Colbz13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcTiOnJaCkSoN View Post
There is definitely a lot that could the result from this, but from my prior experience I had a hose that had been ghosted. I tried cleaning my hookah perfectly, proper heat management , everything I could think of. I finally bought a narbish hose and it was night and day. I was surprised how bad my the hose was ghosted, and how little of time it took for that to happen.
So to the op: if you take your hose off and draw through it slowly, is there any taste? If so its time for a new washable hose like a mya washable or a new km washable. Sometimes a ghosted hose can completely mask a flavor. And that would explain only mint coming through- its a strong flavor
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook