Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Other Stuff - Not Specifically Hookah Related > General Yada-Yada

General Yada-Yada For discussion not related to hookah specifically ...

MyNew Kosmic Doom Recordings

General Yada-Yada

Reply Share

Old April 8th, 2012, 12:48 AM
OmobonoTognon
Hookah Nut

Default MyNew Kosmic Doom Recordings

I did a few kosmic doom songs with a band I know and a friend got them uploaded in better quality then last time. It is heavy but not in a metal or normal rock way. Used are vina, nine string standup bass, Caucasus flutes and a lot of different drums and large sheets of steel. See: http://www.sendspace.com/folder/a095ac

I want feed back so take a listen as this is not what I think people here normally listen to.
Old April 8th, 2012, 02:17 AM
blackleaf28
Hookah Guru

Default Re: MyNew Kosmic Doom Recordings

only listened to the first song
as a lifelong musician, and North Indian classical musician by profession.. I can say that this is music. And I don't bandy the word about.
though, the vocal part is dry.. leaves a lot to be desired from me. Not that I don't like vocals, but the voice just sounds tepid, lackluster.. like the guy doesn't want to be there. and is very monotone and repetitive.

Your instrumentalists clearly know what they are doing, but could maybe assert themselves more in select areas. although maintaining momentum without excessive crazy soloing is important too of course, in this type of music.

Ill get around to listening to the other songs tomorrow so I can formulate a better opinion.
32" KM Trimetal. ~ 34" Temsaah Triple Wheat ~ 36" Temsaah Dual Sphere ~ Nammor Hose ~ KM leather wrapped hose ~ Tangiers Phunnel ~ Egyptian Clay Bowl ~ Crown Classic ~ Black Leaf ~ Zag ~ Khan ~ DA ~ Desi Murli
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:37 AM
OmobonoTognon
Hookah Nut

It is good to hear something from someone on this. To know by way of explanation that was made was a product of listening to Hillage/Egg/Arzachel & the New Canterburry of old with a desire to update it. The basic idea with the vocals is the understated yet passionate attitude that convey the centralism of instruments as compositional elements. Voce umana within the school is not meant for leading but complimenting. It is a hard balance that I hope is partly successful. It may take a few listenings but I think that compositional elements should found there within and between pieces to present a sense of the topics expressed in the titles.

I could say much more in detail but it seem to make more sense to look at that after some time has passed. Naturally what you have to say is what I want more of.

As to Indian music I find myself far in keeping with South then North. I have done some work in that area but none lately. As what I like best of Indian music Ustad Abdul Karim Khan, Tirath Singh Nirmala and K.V.S. Nirmala are what I find most stimulating these days.

When you get some chances listen more and report as that is alwyas good as you are not of the sort that normally listens to projects like the one in question.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:51 AM
AlisterSuggsden
Hookah Pro

I'm a bit surprised that this attracted so little interest. I'm always up for checking out music provided it's not by a genre I hate but it seems that very few here feel the same way. Well, hopefully things will go better at the up cumming show then they did here.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook