Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Other Stuff - Not Specifically Hookah Related > General Yada-Yada

General Yada-Yada For discussion not related to hookah specifically ...

Tattoos...

General Yada-Yada

Reply Share

Old June 22nd, 2010, 03:55 AM
kayoz
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to kayoz
Default Tattoos...

So after 6 years of wanting a tattoo but not knowing what to get I finally got one just this past Saturday.Posted a pic. Simple but it means a lot for me...(its LOVE...in braille) Just symbolizes that my love is blind. So I was bored and wondering what you guys have tattooed on yourselves... and what it means to ya...
Attached Thumbnails
l_0a65891cbb9e466b8b6c7adc23b3823a.jpg  
Old June 22nd, 2010, 02:10 PM
plec
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Tattoos...

thats pretty dope i have a diamond right above my elbow on the back of my left arm.
diamond (from the ancient Greek αδάμας – adámas "unbreakable") i got it to symbolize that im though and no matter what im me and you cant break me down.
im now thinking of adding to it but i havent thought to hard into it yet its still only 1.5 months old and im gonna get it touched up after summer the one side it thicker than the other. this is it the day after:

Old June 22nd, 2010, 08:02 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayoz View Post
So after 6 years of wanting a tattoo but not knowing what to get I finally got one just this past Saturday.Posted a pic. Simple but it means a lot for me...(its LOVE...in braille) Just symbolizes that my love is blind. So I was bored and wondering what you guys have tattooed on yourselves... and what it means to ya...
I love the tattoo but I find it kind of funny to get a braille tattoo because once it heals it will be unreadable by touch... lol. I don't mean to offend. As someone that grew up spending a lot of time in an institute for the handicapped I would never poke fun.

Sadly, no body art for me yet. As an actor it's better to have a blank canvas.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 06:23 AM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Here's what I've got on my leg sleeve. Adding more to it soon, getting my sleeve done for free so taking advantage of it.
Attached Thumbnails
100MEDIA_IMAG0008.jpeg   25094_107364805952692_100000375198189_139803_1860993_n.jpg   fIMG_6807.jpeg   l_13c95e793598f8f927cccac0c3a9c687.jpg  
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:04 AM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Here's what I've got on my leg sleeve. Adding more to it soon, getting my sleeve done for free so taking advantage of it.
Where did you get your tattoos at? I have a friend who has a shop in Florida and I was wondering if it might be him lol.

Anyone who wants to see my tattoos can check my videos lol. I have quite a few. I think I still have pictures up of them in my profile page but maybe not.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:35 AM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
Where did you get your tattoos at? I have a friend who has a shop in Florida and I was wondering if it might be him lol.

Anyone who wants to see my tattoos can check my videos lol. I have quite a few. I think I still have pictures up of them in my profile page but maybe not.
Justin Jarell of Iron Clad ink, previously cherry bomb ink, and oddity ink... All in Jacksonville. I've known him for about 10 years now.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 05:05 PM
lohrja
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to lohrja Send a message via Skype™ to lohrja

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayoz View Post
Thats lovely! What a sweet and creative idea.

I am thinking about getting this tattoo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trevendous03/3916007917/

I know it is very popular and I don't really care. I was in band for 8 years. I did ensembles, jazz band, concert band, marching band, and pep band. My life was centered on band in high school. It was the best thing to ever happen to me. I made some awesome friends and have terrific memories with the group as well as individuals. The experience of band is something I will always treasure and music helped shape everyone and brought us together. It doesn't help that I have had two state championships out of all that. I don't think I would be the person I am today without being in band. I learned a lot of life lessons and values.

Music holds a special place in my heart and I listen to it all the time. Learning about music made me appreciate it more. Music is an art, an expression, and an idea. It is vocal poetry. It gives you a mental image of a feeling or thought when words can't describe it. I know that when I am very happy, I like to play happy music and when I am sad, I play it as a way to help get my feelings out.

So when I look at the tattoo I plan to get, it will be a reminder of band and music itself. My love and appreciation of music and how it shaped my life. I don't plan to do anything professional with band but I hope to share the feelings about it with my future kids someday and encourage music in their lives.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 05:13 PM
soulassassin318
Hookah Nut

I drew a sun with a moon in the middle when I was younger (sorry no camera). Wanted it for 3 years before I took the plunge in Costa Rica. Customized the ink color and everything. I love it and haven't regretted it. I also never got the itch for more - unlike a lot of my friends. Congrats for finding something you wanted! That's always the hardest part.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 05:38 PM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohrja View Post
Thats lovely! What a sweet and creative idea.

I am thinking about getting this tattoo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trevendous03/3916007917/

I know it is very popular and I don't really care. I was in band for 8 years. I did ensembles, jazz band, concert band, marching band, and pep band. My life was centered on band in high school. It was the best thing to ever happen to me. I made some awesome friends and have terrific memories with the group as well as individuals. The experience of band is something I will always treasure and music helped shape everyone and brought us together. It doesn't help that I have had two state championships out of all that. I don't think I would be the person I am today without being in band. I learned a lot of life lessons and values.

Music holds a special place in my heart and I listen to it all the time. Learning about music made me appreciate it more. Music is an art, an expression, and an idea. It is vocal poetry. It gives you a mental image of a feeling or thought when words can't describe it. I know that when I am very happy, I like to play happy music and when I am sad, I play it as a way to help get my feelings out.

So when I look at the tattoo I plan to get, it will be a reminder of band and music itself. My love and appreciation of music and how it shaped my life. I don't plan to do anything professional with band but I hope to share the feelings about it with my future kids someday and encourage music in their lives.

I was in drum corps (Phantom Regiment) for 3 years during and after high school. I have a few tattoos from music I like and bands that have influenced me.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 05:44 PM
lohrja
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to lohrja Send a message via Skype™ to lohrja

Quote:
I was in drum corps (Phantom Regiment) for 3 years during and after high school. I have a few tattoos from music I like and bands that have influenced me.
No way! That is awesome. I love DCI!! I missed Louisville the other day and was terribly bummed. Tickets were completely sold out and there were so many great bands there!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 05:51 PM
HSK Locals
Hookah Pro

i want to get offensive tattoos so when im older it would be funny to see and old man smoking the hookah with a fuck you tattoo. this may sound bad but i got a twisted sense of humor. unfortunately i dont think i have the guts to get a tattoo like that. if i did i know i would regret it
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:53 PM
slasher126
Hookah Nut

I have been considering getting a tattoo of the metallica star on my shoulder
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:40 PM
crispyharlem
Hookah Newbie

i got one on my chest "times like these" n no not a song title haha. i want many more
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:12 AM
ozlopez
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ozlopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher126 View Post
I have been considering getting a tattoo of the metallica star on my shoulder
i was thinking of gettin that star on my elbow
My Video Reviews
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:50 AM
JerryD
Hookah Nut

I have been in theater all through high school so i decided to get a tattoo that incorporates something from a show each year. I've got one of my friends drawing it now. It's gonna be badass
Old June 28th, 2010, 04:19 PM
6LeafClover
Hookah Nut

I kind of want to get a clover somewhere.
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:59 PM
glider14
Hookah Pro

i got my first tatt back in september. i got a fluer de lis on my back right shoulder. its a Trinity symbol. a recurring symbol around Louisville, KY (its a french thing) and its kind of a family thing. my house, grandparents houses, aunts, uncles. everyone has something fluer de lis themed.

looking into getting a tatt that symbolizes a hobby of mine. carnivorous plants anyone? haha

Alex
Old June 28th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Green_Hookah
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
I love the tattoo but I find it kind of funny to get a braille tattoo because once it heals it will be unreadable by touch... lol. I don't mean to offend. As someone that grew up spending a lot of time in an institute for the handicapped I would never poke fun.

Sadly, no body art for me yet. As an actor it's better to have a blank canvas.
I was just thinking that.

You should get inplants in your arm
Old June 30th, 2010, 02:50 AM
zkracaw
Hookah Newbie

This is the only tattoo I have currently, it's a picture of right after I had gotten it done, it's really hard to take of myself otherwise I would quick snap a new one. It says Memento Mori, literal translation Remember Death, what it means to me is Live Life to the Fullest. For being such a young person I have already experienced a lot of loss in my life and many close calls with family and friends so it really means something to me.

My next tattoo, which i'm getting in less than a month is on my wrists it's going to say "Living is easy//with eyes closed" in small really flowing font. It's from The Beatles song Strawberry Fields.
Attached Thumbnails
mee tatttooo.jpg  
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:26 PM
happytimeharry
Hookah Nut

I have the Keywork on my inner left arm. I don't have a pic of my actual tattoo at the moment, but here's what the symbol is for those who don't know.

Right now it's just in plain black but I have plans to add to it.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 05:20 PM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytimeharry View Post
I have the Keywork on my inner left arm. I don't have a pic of my actual tattoo at the moment, but here's what the symbol is for those who don't know.

Right now it's just in plain black but I have plans to add to it.
Coheed and Cambria fan?
Old July 2nd, 2010, 05:43 PM
happytimeharry
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Coheed and Cambria fan?
Absolutely. One of the Children of the Fence at your service!
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:29 PM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Absolutely. One of the Children of the Fence at your service!

That makes two of us then
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:54 PM
happytimeharry
Hookah Nut

Quote:
That makes two of us then
Good to meet another fan. By any chance you gonna catch them with Porcupine Tree this coming month?
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:40 PM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Good to meet another fan. By any chance you gonna catch them with Porcupine Tree this coming month?
if they come to nashville but no one good comes to nashville.