Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

4 Coals for Tangiers Phunnel Bowl? (UK)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 16th, 2013, 08:40 PM
JonHP
Hookah Nut

Default 4 Coals for Tangiers Phunnel Bowl? (UK)

Hey guys,

Just want to discuss and share experiences with using 4 coals for a session with a medium tangiers phunnel.

Tonight I decided to use 4 coals instead of the standard 3. Ive been using cocoblaze (hence the UK in the title) and have found that the only way to consistently heat up the bowl/flavour is to place coals above the flavour, instead of resting them on the edges of the bowl.

The issue with that is I've noticed that whilst I'm getting a good amount of smoke, the flavour is pretty bland and the bowl itself doesn't heat up much at all. (All flavours used are AF)

So tonight i decided to use 4 coals, and place them on the edges of the bowl. I noticed a major improvement in both the heating of the bowl, and the flavor output too. When it became slightly harsh, i simply took one coal off and added it back on a few minutes later.

The session lasted an extra 20-30 minutes longer than usual, and it was a far better session than I had been having up until that point.

Has anyone else experienced this? Nearly all video tutorials show 3 coals being used, but it's as though cocoblazes don't output enough heat to achieve this.

I've followed recommended hole patterns and packing techniques so I don't think they're the issue.
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:09 PM
sosolid4u09
Hookah Pro

Default Re: 4 Coals for Tangiers Phunnel Bowl? (UK)

I think it's about finding a set up that works for you. No1 packs their bowl the exact same way and no hole patterns are the exact 100% same either. Using 4 to start it up then dropping one sounds pretty reasonable to me i don't see why it wouldn't work.

I use 3 cocobricos for example, which is a lot more heat than most people online, who use 3 coconara sized coals. It works for me.
Old February 17th, 2013, 03:50 AM
FourOhOne
Hookah Newbie

If you wanna get super scientific, I believe the altitude, and humidity of the place you're in matter for how many coals as well. Do what ever works best for you.
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Colbz13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhOne View Post
If you wanna get super scientific, I believe the altitude, and humidity of the place you're in matter for how many coals as well. Do what ever works best for you.
This plus temperature.
Old February 17th, 2013, 12:14 PM
JonHP
Hookah Nut

Thanks for the replies guys.

I forgot to mention that I purposely ran warm water over the bowl prior to packing, as. I noticed that usually the bowl is pretty damn cold.
Old October 26th, 2017, 08:39 PM
Mu81n
Hookah Newbie

Hey up-learnt how to acclimatising Tangiers, live oop north-and it’s a nightmare at times. Know a place where I can get hold of the original Tangiers small/medium bowl? Got quoted $80 just for delivery *♂️ From 5* hookah
Old October 26th, 2017, 09:35 PM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu81n View Post
Hey up-learnt how to acclimatising Tangiers, live oop north-and it’s a nightmare at times. Know a place where I can get hold of the original Tangiers small/medium bowl? Got quoted $80 just for delivery ������*♂️ From 5* hookah
^^^^
“Acclimatzing” isnt a thing. Never was. Try Hookah-shisha.com for a tangiers small. ( mediums hold between 50-70 g of tobacco, depending upon the batch)

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook