Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Other Stuff - Not Specifically Hookah Related > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion In an attempt to add some serious discussion (because a lot of hookah smokers like to discuss stuff like this) ...

Hookah stuff is great but economy sucks post

Serious Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 8th, 2012, 05:45 AM
ADRUNKK
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Hookah stuff is great but economy sucks post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanaspus View Post
Now that it's in the proper place, my biggest gripe with the bad economy is that so many middle class idiots will vote Republican. I'll never understand why the middle class wants to support an ideology of breaks for the rich and screw the middle class.

I am ABD to a PhD in economics, so I feel I have room to speak here. The bailout was NOT a failure. Without it, things would be waaaaay further in the toilet than they are now.

Deregulation does not work! Some idiotic supply side economists caught the ear of Reagan at a time when the economy was sure to rebound, so it just looked like it worked for 6 years.

But by all means, vote for Mitt if you want and bend over.
I totally respect your opinion, and i hope my text doesn't come across as aggressive because that's not my intention. I am highly opinionated like yourself.

First and foremost extremists are the devil. Extreme left or extreme right; both the same. They're both highly corrupt and have ideals that will never work in the real world. It might work on paper but it wont work. Both parties are not going to take your best interest in mind. I think our 2 party system is a major problem. You got 2 choices, black or white. Left or right. Repub or dem. But 2 choices, and 2 choices only. Your 2 choices are left idealist or right idealist and no in between; ohh yeah.. and they're both corrupted by big money and big moneys interest; not the citizens or the countries interest. It's power and human nature.

I lean to the right obviously. I've was a business owner for 7 years in California and im currently upper management at my place of employment. I see the business sense of of the right. I respect what business does for our nation and evolution as human beings. The private sector is ingenious and will always find a solution. I cant say the same for our government. Government is the epitome of inefficiency. Im not for unregulated business but i do think the government has gone to far with regulation.

The bailouts were a failure in my opinion.... My opinion.... Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. It hasnt happened yet but i think the American market will be worse off because of all the bailouts. You cant fake economy and you have to let it run its proper course. Economy needs to see rise and fall. It cant be all rise or the market will fail. All the bailouts did was delay the inevitable. And the delayed version will be worse. I'd rather experience bad now then experience way worse later. And when did our nation start rewarding failure? Bad banks failed because of bad business practice. Let bad business's fail. That's America!

You mention Regan...Reaganomics.. I beleive in the trickle down effect. It makes sense to me as a past business owner and current upper management employee. When you allow business to thrive and operate in an efficent manner you allow the private sector to hire and spread the wealth. The trickle down effect is all about letting the private sector do what they do best. Create new technology, expand (more hires), and compete. It's a revolving circle. Dont penalize business and tax em harder because they are trying to succeed. Rich (and poor) business owners alike create jobs for ALL the middle class. Without them you have no middle class.

It sux we have upper class, middle class, and lower class... But its whats needed to keep the wheels turning. It's not only how MERICA works, but it's how the whole world works. Without someone trying to make money and expand you cant have the middle class....Thus all you have is lower class. And a corrupt as government..Hmmm. Haiti.

I honestly dont want to vote Mitt, but i want anyone else in office besides our current president. It could be Beavis but Mitt is my only choice.
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Afridi 786
Hookah Nut

Default Re: You americans are lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyNuNu View Post
You pay less in national insurance so everyone can have free healthcare than people paying seperate insurance companies that only care about money not the standard of healthcare

Thats why the poorest people live longer in the UK live longer than the richest in the US.

And its nice to know that my partner who has a ******* illness has been kept alive since he was 7years old when he would never got insurance in the US. I the NHS

But yeah you do get some great shisha :-)
i was 7 and went on holiday and suffered an illnedd from a side effect from injections, i was told i would never walk again, today im fighting fit! agree with you about the NHS. Once again guys i didnt expect or mean for the post to come across like this, i was just jealous that you can easily get tangiers compared to us
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:33 PM
EtP_Vocalist
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to EtP_Vocalist

To quote the voting for mitt thing:
Never....with all respect, and no harm to religious folks on this one, but the dudes mormon.....no fuckin thank you!

32" KM Carnival, Narbish v4 Hose, Crown Mouthpiece, Leonara Nat Coals, and a Phunnel Bowl
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Gavin53
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtP_Vocalist View Post
To quote the voting for mitt thing:
Never....with all respect, and no harm to religious folks on this one, but the dudes mormon.....no fuckin thank you!
I'm not a Romney fan myself, honestly I don't like either candidate all that much. That being said what does his religion have to do with it. I'm not attacking your judgement because I know people who feel the same way, I'm just curious why that would affect his presidential capabilities.
Old September 8th, 2012, 04:59 PM
EtP_Vocalist
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to EtP_Vocalist

The mormons I know, live a life that i wouldnt live, not to say thats wrong, but, like everyone else, my opinion, is that the mormons i know, are CRAZY, so i assume, i know i know, that all mormons are the same. lol. The views of the ones im familiar with are ridiculous! And if his views are the same, i wouldnt want him to be the head of the state. But i dont want to get in to religion. haha. It never does go well either side of the fence.

32" KM Carnival, Narbish v4 Hose, Crown Mouthpiece, Leonara Nat Coals, and a Phunnel Bowl
Old September 10th, 2012, 04:53 PM
mustangii
Hookah Pro

edm

ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech.
Master Certified Chrysler Tech.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook