Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Other Stuff - Not Specifically Hookah Related > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion In an attempt to add some serious discussion (because a lot of hookah smokers like to discuss stuff like this) ...

anyone here passed out / collapsed from smoking too much hookah?

Serious Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 25th, 2012, 09:00 PM
ben_glen
Banned

Default anyone here passed out / collapsed from smoking too much hookah?

Hey all, basically I was at work the other night, and it was unusually quiet so I smoked for around 3 hours more or less straight whilst stood up (its my marketing plan to get students over asking what it is etc) anyway, i started to feel light headed, walked over to the side get some air..
at which point I collapsed, banging my head on a concrete ledge in the proccess, next thing i know i'm in an ambulance and in hospital having my head glued back together..

moral of the story, dont smoke too much shisha on an empty stomach!!

no long term damage though, still went into work the next day and smoked it again..

anyone else ever fainted from smoking too much? or felt like they were going to?
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Meatless
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: anyone here passed out / collapsed from smoking too much hookah?

No, never happened to me, and glad to hear you were not seriously injured. Lesson learned I hope. Food on the stomach, and staying hydrated are important. Also standing rapidly after being seated, or lying down can cause a temporary loss of blood flow to the brain, which can happen whether smoking or not. Of course smoking will cause a reduction of oxygen to the brain as well. Sounds like a few things lead to your light headiness, and fainting. Take care.
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:17 PM
AcTiOnJaCkSoN
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to AcTiOnJaCkSoN

Dang man, that's no good. Must of hit pretty hard for all of that.
I passed out once from hookah or at least I think was due to hookah. Didn't drink much and didn't eat much either. In the evening smoked quite a few bowls. At end of the night stood up to leave at first that walked up some stairs and fell to the floor and started puking lol. Was out of it until the next day.
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:39 PM
ben_glen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcTiOnJaCkSoN View Post
At end of the night stood up to leave at first that walked up some stairs and fell to the floor and started puking lol. Was out of it until the next day.
ah luckily no puking for me, soon as i came round i felt alright tbh, besides from the blood coming from my head haha.. looks like the lack of food and drink is a big contributing factor.. i now have FEASTS before smoking a pipe now haha
Old November 5th, 2012, 08:05 AM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

Not I, but I saw it all the time when I worked in lounges. Usually people kinda just fall over and get back up really confused. One time some dumb girl locked herself in the bathroom and passed out inside the bathroom. That was fun
Old November 6th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Snowdrifter
Hookah Newbie

Can't say I ever have. At most, I've gotten light headed / jelly legs
Old November 6th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Warren-K
Hookah Newbie

Never passed out. I do get the light headed buzz most of the time.
Old November 9th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Extra Mint
Hookah Nut

When i first started shisha 7 years back i was at my cosins house and were smoking while sitting on a bean bag for an hour and when i got up my head was spinning like crazy, i just wanted to drop and lye down. Dont get anything like that now, even on an empty stomach.
Old November 16th, 2012, 08:11 PM
oxidizedtower
Hookah Enthusiast

i smoked melon blue before work one day (never smoking it again) and we had a truck day that day, so, i made the mistake of getting a beefy crunch from tacobell on the way there, next thing i know i was purging my system for the next 4 hours
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:10 PM
troubadour08
Hookah Nut

I have gotten pretty light headed, and had to run out of a restaurant. I felt like that if I didn't get fresh air I was going to pass out. I leaned up against the building for a solid twenty minutes, and eventually started to feel better. Never fully passed out though....
Old December 11th, 2012, 03:42 AM
wek-sos
Hookah Pro

My friend smoked 2 bowls back to back at our local lounge, and remained seated the whole time. He said, "Guys, I'm getting lightheaded and it's late. I think I'm heading home now." He grabbed his hookah, stood straight up, and immediately walked over to the bar. He fell over, smashed his head against the bar, then broke his fall by landing on his hookah base. Got up, walked to the restroom, puked everywhere, and then came back to his seat to rest for a few minutes, which turned into a few hours. I helped clean up the broken glass, water, and puke all over the place. His bowl somehow made it through the night and I actually just smoked out of it. Glad he didn't have any brain damage because he has his private pilot's license now and is about to go into the Marines.
Old December 27th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Darkangelmcr
Hookah Nut

Nothing serious like passing out ever happened to me. Although the worst thing that happend to my was my first or second time I went to a hookah bar I did end up throwing up.
Old December 27th, 2012, 10:08 PM
xamples
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to xamples

This has happened to my girlfriend twice. she will smoke and then she will be up and about for a few minutes (anywhere from 10 -20) and then both times she has felt the need to go to the toilet and then she has passed out on the toilet. pretty scary stuff having to open the door and pick up your girlfriend as she passes out.
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:56 AM
vvizlan
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_glen View Post
Hey all, basically I was at work the other night, and it was unusually quiet so I smoked for around 3 hours more or less straight whilst stood up (its my marketing plan to get students over asking what it is etc) anyway, i started to feel light headed, walked over to the side get some air..
at which point I collapsed, banging my head on a concrete ledge in the proccess, next thing i know i'm in an ambulance and in hospital having my head glued back together..

moral of the story, dont smoke too much shisha on an empty stomach!!

no long term damage though, still went into work the next day and smoked it again..

anyone else ever fainted from smoking too much? or felt like they were going to?
Sounds like your marketing plan may have backfired
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook