Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Other Stuff - Not Specifically Hookah Related > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion In an attempt to add some serious discussion (because a lot of hookah smokers like to discuss stuff like this) ...

Blood Clots in Lungs

Serious Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 28th, 2012, 08:00 AM
vvizlan
Hookah Nut

Default Blood Clots in Lungs

My dad will turn 60 in Februaury next year. A few days before Christmas blood clots were discovered in his lungs. He's on the mend now (got released from the hospital Christmas Eve), but it was a pretty unexpected and dangerous event.

Since I think this is a fairly common thing I was wondering if anyone has had or knows someone who has had this problem and what happened. Thanks.
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:05 AM
RxMatt
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Blood Clots in Lungs

My dad was 49 and passed away this year from blood clots in his lungs. The doctors he was seeing were fucking morons. It took 6 months of failed stress tests and complaints about breathing and not being able to climb stairs before they decided to look at his lungs and found them. He luckily got into mayo clinic and got the best care he possible could but he went in for a hysterectomy and his O2 stats never got back above 80 cause the clots in his lunges blocked air flow.

I wish you, your dad and family the best. Hopefully it's something that was caught early so only blood thinners will be needed.
Old January 7th, 2013, 01:02 PM
vvizlan
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxMatt View Post
My dad was 49 and passed away this year from blood clots in his lungs. The doctors he was seeing were fucking morons. It took 6 months of failed stress tests and complaints about breathing and not being able to climb stairs before they decided to look at his lungs and found them. He luckily got into mayo clinic and got the best care he possible could but he went in for a hysterectomy and his O2 stats never got back above 80 cause the clots in his lunges blocked air flow.

I wish you, your dad and family the best. Hopefully it's something that was caught early so only blood thinners will be needed.
Wow, so sorry to hear that. I had an idea how serious this could be but now I feel it. Thanks for your story.
Luckily, I think they caught it fairly early. He was having symptoms for only a few weeks. He is back at home and feeling better now. I am greatful.
Old January 15th, 2013, 12:18 AM
RxMatt
Hookah Aficionado

Yea his former doctors said his only hope was flying to a clinic in San Diego where he would be put under and the temp in the room would be dropped down to 40 degrees, basically killing him, while the doctors would crack open his chest and squeeze out the clots in his lunges like it was toothpaste and have to go through a 6 month recovery.

Again hopefully they caught it early for your dad and blood thinners/thrombotics are the only things that will be needed.
Share with your friends on facebook